Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When transferring using consult then transfer in new meeting experience, the 'live' call window is behind the call being transferred

We have found that when attempting to transfer a call with the new meeting experience switched on, the window for the 'live' call - i.e. the consultation is hidden behind the call you are attempting to transfer, which is not intuitive nor immediately obvious so it appears that the Transfer button is missing.

Could this please be resolved so that the focus is on the consultative call window and not on the call which is being transferred (which is on hold at this time)?

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Camera stays on/reactivates after meeting has ended

After clicking the red "Leave" button to disconnect from a call (where I was an invitee, not the meeting organizer), the camera briefly turns off, then immediately turns on again (the LED is active). The only way to turn off the camera in Teams is to:
    a) Go to Settings > Devices to view the camera stream, then close settings. Teams then correctly deactivates the camera.
    b) Unplug the camera.

This bug has appeared in the last couple of weeks, and did not occur in the previous 9 months of daily Teams calls.

My camera is a Logitech C310, under…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share system sound in stereo while presenting and sharing screen in Teams meetings

I cant get sharing "system sound" in stereo to work when sharing presentations in Teams? Is this a limitation in teams that is known? It works great in my PowerPoint and a video with the embedded stereo sound but not when sharing the presentation in Teams with "System Audio", then it comes out mono (maybe even only one channel).

We do stereo audio projects and in Covid times we need to show people how it works over a teams meeting...with sound in stereo.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Call consult and transfer to a call queue - transfer feature is missing

Incoming call should via "consult and transfer" to a call queue. if an agent answers the call queue transfer feature is missing, its not possible to transfer, only switch back to the call or hang up. transfer after consulting should be available like in 1:1 calls.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable gif background effects

When you select a gif as a background effect, it just appears as a still picture and is not animated. Please add support for gifs so that if you set a gif as your background effect, it is animated. Thank you!

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Raised hand not synchronizing after coming back from breakout rooms

In every meeting I have had I encountered the following bug: After we have been brought back to the meeting from breakout rooms, other participants would only be notified that you raised your hand after toggling your microphone on and off. So sometimes students would raise their hands but the teacher cannot see them and thus cannot ask them to speak.
    If you leave the meeting and reenter after a breakout room session, the status updates normally for you, but others who stayed in the meeting will still encounter the bug. They will not see your hand if you do…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New Meeting Experience Cannot Share Newly Opened Window

We have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.28779 and have the New Meeting Experience turned on.

We have noticed that when in a call/meeting if you open a new Window/Application in the background you cannot share this in your current session. If you end the meeting and re-start then it is available. This means you can only share Windows that were open when the meeting started.

If you turn off the New Meeting Experience then it works as expected, you can open new Windows and start sharing them on the fly.

Looks to be a bug in New Meeting Experience?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. If "new meeting experience" is enabled, telephone calls that come inbound from a Call Queue can not be answered and disconnect immediately

If the "new meeting experience" is enabled on Teams Version 1.3.0019173 (64bit) Windows 10 then users in our telephone call queue can no longer answer any incoming calls. They are disconnected immediately upon answering. Disabling "new meeting experience" resolves this for now.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Call History

Version 1.4.00.11161 having issues with call history.

Teams Voice PSTN calls do not show in call history unless Teams client is restarted.

Call history from over 7 days has also disappeared.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you make a call from PSTN to Teams, the ringback tone is silenced after 10 seconds.

I'm using Teams with direct routing feature.
    When you make a call to Teams from your PSTN phone, the ringback tone goes silent after about 10 seconds.
    And even after Teams stops ringing, the call doesn't hang up and waits about 20 seconds before the call ends.
    If you do not hear a ringback tone, the caller can determine that the call is hung up.
    Ringback tones are the only way to know that a call is connected.
    This is very important.
    please solve this problem quickly

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to use a private channel for collaborative calling

So as of today you can assign call queues to a Team....great right? Not at all....it only lets you add non-private channels to be able to take calls. So everyone in the team receives calls. Really don't understand why you would do that!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hands raised not synchronized

The users with hands raised in a teams call are not shown the same across users. Even if a user has taken their hand down it shows for others.
    In general the hands raised feature is not very intuitive to use and it is hard to see if your hands is actually up or down and in which order they were raised. With this bug, it becomes even more distracting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG: With the 1.4.00.4855 version of Teams, xdg-open is no longer able to open a teams meeting.

With the 1.4.00.4855 version of Teams, xdg-open is no longer able to open a teams meeting. In addition, the new version version of teams does not take a URL on the command line. At least I can reproduce it on Linux. Not sure if other platforms are affected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When will Linux get new calling experience? I'm so frustrated

You also removed the Client - Linux category
    this clearly shows how much you ignore Linux
    Why should we pay for a software that doesn't give any kind of support?
    It's so frustrating to wait for the floating panel of buttons to hide, and it's uncomfortable to have only one window for everything
    I really hope you take this into consideration, and not ignore Linux users

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Emergency 911 does not update your location unless you log out/in of your Teams Client

Teams 911 Emergency services does not update your location if using Dynamic 911 unless you log out/in of your Teams client. Example, if you are in the office and it is showing the correct location but then move to a different location (either in the same building or to a different network) it will not update your location unless you log off/on or restart your teams client. This could be a major issue if when dialing 911 a user cannot speak to the operator to update their location. Skype handled this without issue. It seems to me that if someone…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pressing play/pause on keyboard play/pauses Teams ringtone (macOS)

When I'm listening to music in macOS, the play/pause on my keyboard forwards this command to the active music player (e.g. Music.app). This is very user friendly, as it allows me to stop the music with just a tap on my keyboard or TouchBar.

However... Teams (1.3.00.28778) has now decided to hijack this button. So whenever I receive a call, pressing play/pause will play/pause the ringtone, while the music continues playing. After answering the call pressing play/pause will even play the ringtone through the call.

Suffice to say that Teams hijacking my play/pause button is not expected behaviour.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Voicemails disappear in app once email deleted in Outlook

When I delete the email copy of a Teams Voicemail in Outlook, it removes the voicemail from Teams. I would like to have the ability to delete the emails but still keep the voicemails within the app itself.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adjust your view in a Teams meeting

as per Microsoft website

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/adjust-your-view-in-a-teams-meeting-9825091c-0e7d-4c2b-95f5-eba644f19175

the user should be able to switch between the views of WEBCAM and the presentation all the time however now it is locked and this affects the meetings specially when presenting and need the user to focus sometimes on the presentation and other time on the video and normally were requesting the other side of the call to switch between both which is not possible currently

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I can not add external contacts to a Teams call contact group

In the new teams call interface, We can not add any external contact to a group. this is a major drawback as end users need this functionnality especially as outlook groups are not synchronized.
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base