Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Inconsistency in being able to add users to Private Channels via Web/Desktop Clients

Referred from Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/can-t-add-members-to-private-channels/m-p/1088400#M42918

Issue is inconsistency when adding users to private channels via the web and desktop clients. Sometime users can and sometimes users can't. Workarounds to this solution include adding them on mobile (both IoS/Android) and completely removing member from the Team and re-adding them

190 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pinned app wont stay pinned

I try to pin an app, but not long afterwards I see this:
    "Your admin has updated your settings. Some of your pinned apps have moved."
    Our IT wouldn't have changed these settings, so why is this the default?

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Flickering screen when sharing Adobe PDF's.

When sharing an adobe PDF file on application view the document continuously flickers for both the host and guests. the only way to resolve this is to hold down the mouse button. It's so bad we have resulted to Zoom to share screens. Please offer a fix ASAP.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. staticTabs are created automatically in manifest.json without name and contentUrl, So we could not install Bot.

When we create custom app bot using APP STUDIO, Personal tabs(about, conversations) are created automatically. Then i try to install the app, the error will occur.
    The error when i install app is as bellow.

manifest.json の読み取り中にエラーが発生しました:
    "staticTabs[0].name" は必須です
    "staticTabs[0].contentUrl" は必須です
    "staticTabs[1].name" は必須です
    "staticTabs[1].contentUrl" は必須です

This error message say each name and contentUrl are required, but I can not edit and delete each tabs from APP STUDIO.

There was not this problem before.
    Does anyone know what is the problem in this situation?

Thanks.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Application unresponsive while typing messages/switching teams/etc

Recently my colleagues and I noticed that the UI in Teams is getting more and more unresponsive over time and even completely unusable at certain moments.

Cases where this happens:
    - Opening a (group) chat and trying to type a message. The application will take up to 10 seconds before the UI becomes responsive.
    Even after letting Teams "recover" for some while it's still incredibly difficult to type a message. I can type full sentences before they are visible in the chat area.
    - Switching between chats or teams triggers the above behaviour. In addition it freezes the UI completely. …

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can't join a meeting: stuck on "Connecting..." screen

Sometimes I can't connect to a meeting. It's just stuck on "Connecting..." screen and never lets me in. I have to restart Teams app several times before I finally can join. I noticed that when Teams doesn't say that there're several people already in (and I know for fact several people have already joined), then I'll definitely have hard time connecting. I'm using the Teams application on Windows. I experienced this issue with meetings created in Outlook by someone else (I wasn't the meeting organizer).

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The latest IOS app 2.0.11 no longer shows individual schedule under Your Shifts.

The latest IOS app 2.0.11 no longer show individual schedule under Your Shifts. However, my schedule is still visible under Team Shifts.
    Going to Settings > Shifts > Clear Shifts App Data did NOT correct the issue.
    Deleting the app and re-adding it did NOT correct the issue.
    If I go to Settings > Profile > View Schedule, I can see my current work schedule.
    Your Shifts was working correctly under version 2.0.10.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Screen sharing - drop-downs on browser appear blank

Microsoft Teams made the drop-downs list on Chrome not appears when sharing screen to other users.

Many persons reported that bug in the suggestion forum: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37592302-screen-sharing-drop-downs-on-browser-appear-blan

Windows 10

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Control Bar in Teams blocking screen content while sharing screen

While in a meeting or sharing screen the control bar floats ontop of content. there is not one single day I have to ask the other party to move their content so I can see it.

Please make it possible to move + hide + minimize... I have audio controls on my headset ....

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Loading chunk 12 failed when accessing File menu in Teams group

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. cannot share system audio- Teams

“ Error occurred while sharing audio” , ‘ could not share System audio” sharing videos/PPT in teams

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable gif background effects

When you select a gif as a background effect, it just appears as a still picture and is not animated. Please add support for gifs so that if you set a gif as your background effect, it is animated. Thank you!

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Filtering by Team does not show all the channels

Recent updates to the MicrosoftTeams client make finding a channel in a Team difficult if you know the name of the Team but not the channel.

In the latest Teams client update, you changed the way users search/filter on Teams and channels. It makes it EXTREMELY difficult to find or browse a channel in a Team.

The process now for finding a channel in Teams is as follows:
    1) Filter on Team (it only Shows the General Channel)
    2) Click on the ellipses "..."
    3) Click on "Manage Team"
    4) Click on "Channels"
    5) Click on the Channel...

That's FIVE…

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Time Zone not redirecting in Citrix\RDS environments

Currently running a Citrix environment with the Teams machine wide package installed. Time zone redirection is working, as the system time reflects the clients local time and Outlook does as well, however in teams when viewing the Calendar it shows everything in server local time which can be up to 4 hours off for some clients.

could you either:
    A - have teams following the time zone redirection policy as well like the other apps...or
    B - place a setting in the app that allows the client to choose their time zone so that the meeting show properly in teams.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams screen sharing mouse pointer not visible from Linux client

When sharing the screen from a Windows client, the mouse pointer is visible, which allows the presenter to draw attention to particular things on screen.

When sharing the screen on Linux, the mouse pointer is not visible.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unable to rejoin Meeting Chat

I'm a member of a recurring meeting. After the last meeting, I left the chat by selecting Chat > {the meeting} > Leave.

The next time the meeting started, I can't see or join the chat. There is a message "You can't send messages because you are not a member of the chat." I can see the chat from the last meeting up until the point I left, and it said I left the meeting.

When I view the meeting series and select Chat with participants, I see a message "Sorry, chat is unavailable until you join the meeting", even…

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show for members feature is not affecting channel visibility

As an Owner of a Team, there is no longer a way to show or hide a channel for all members after a channel is created. Each member will have to go to each channel, click the ellipsis and select "Show" to see the channel.

Going through team ellipsis > Manage Team > Channels tab > selecting "Show for members" on a channel no longer has any effect for existing or new members.

Creating a channel through the graph api at /v1.0/teams/channels and using the isFavoriteByDefault property in the body is no longer working either.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Headset mute button behaviour is inconsistent

USB headset mute controls are inconsistent depending on whether the headset is plugged in or not when Teams is started.

It appears that when the headset is plugged in before Teams is started the Mute button does not control the Teams mute button. The Teams mute button does however control the headset OK (confirmed by the LED) If its plugged in after Teams is started, all works OK in both directions.

No limitations listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/control-calls-using-a-headset-in-teams-65d6e104-444d-4013-b8c2-f11317dd69a8?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.13565
    Windows 10 17134.1425
    Plantronics C3200

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. (noreply@email.teams.microsoft) Teams email notifications quarantined as phish

We use both Teams and Outlook/Exchange. Some email notifications from Teams (e.g. when message is posted in a Channel) get quarantined due to phishing suspicion.

These are emails sent by noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com.

I checked our Anti-phishing policy (from Security & Compliance dashboard) and I can't see anything that would cause Teams notification to be quarantined.

It is increasing Spam Confidence Level 5 and blocking almost 100 emails a day

As this is Microsoft email address technically there is no need to add in Safe sender list

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 148 149
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base