Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Inconsistency in being able to add users to Private Channels via Web/Desktop Clients

Referred from Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/can-t-add-members-to-private-channels/m-p/1088400#M42918

Issue is inconsistency when adding users to private channels via the web and desktop clients. Sometime users can and sometimes users can't. Workarounds to this solution include adding them on mobile (both IoS/Android) and completely removing member from the Team and re-adding them

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filtering by Team does not show all the channels

Recent updates to the MicrosoftTeams client make finding a channel in a Team difficult if you know the name of the Team but not the channel.

In the latest Teams client update, you changed the way users search/filter on Teams and channels. It makes it EXTREMELY difficult to find or browse a channel in a Team.

The process now for finding a channel in Teams is as follows:
    1) Filter on Team (it only Shows the General Channel)
    2) Click on the ellipses "..."
    3) Click on "Manage Team"
    4) Click on "Channels"
    5) Click on the Channel...

That's FIVE…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Control Bar in Teams blocking screen content while sharing screen

While in a meeting or sharing screen the control bar floats ontop of content. there is not one single day I have to ask the other party to move their content so I can see it.

Please make it possible to move + hide + minimize... I have audio controls on my headset ....

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Flashing Red Border

When screen sharing with Teams and using an external display, the red border around the shared window is flashing instead of being solid. A solid red border is okay, but the flashing red is very distracting. This is specifically when the external display is a ClickShare.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. (noreply@email.teams.microsoft) Teams email notifications quarantined as phish

We use both Teams and Outlook/Exchange. Some email notifications from Teams (e.g. when message is posted in a Channel) get quarantined due to phishing suspicion.

These are emails sent by noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com.

I checked our Anti-phishing policy (from Security & Compliance dashboard) and I can't see anything that would cause Teams notification to be quarantined.

It is increasing Spam Confidence Level 5 and blocking almost 100 emails a day

As this is Microsoft email address technically there is no need to add in Safe sender list

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In large meetings (250 people) people hit "mute all" and consistently silence the speaker, disrupting the meeting.

In large meetings (250 people) people hit "mute all" and consistently silence the speaker, disrupting the meeting.

Please figure out a solution to prevent such disruptions in large meetings.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Wiki in private channel cannot be viewed on mobile (iOS)

Inside private channels, we have created new Wiki tabs. Those are live and updating on desktop app, but they do not work on mobile (tested on iOS on 4 devices). You can navigate to Wiki, but receive the error, "it's empty in here" when trying to view it.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Channel Notifications still notifying on muted channels

I have a large(ish) Team of 172 members and have at least a dozen instances of people telling me that they are getting notifications of new posts even though they have the channel notifications turned off or even have the channel itself hidden. I have verified that they have their notifications set to Off for "All new posts" and/or that they do indeed have the channel(s) hidden. They still get banner and Activity Feed notifications whenever there is a new post, even without any mentions at all.

I have provided a couple of screenshots to demonstrate. One is of the…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Linux Client not working on gov domain

Trying to use the linux client to connect to teams on the gov network, but just stalls out. Log seems to indicate an invalid url.

Steps:

• Launch preview app.

• Enter work account ([user]@[domain].com).

• Enter password.

• Window closes.

• Splash screen opens with at "Loading Microsoft Teams" for about 30 seconds.

• Teams window reopens saying "We've run into an issue" for about 10 seconds.

• Asks to sign in again. Rinse and repeat.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Share Screen does not function when sharing desktop

When I share my Desktop on either Screen #1 or Screen #2, the person I am sharing with only sees a black screen with my mouse cursor. If I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing my cache, ensuring I have the most current version etc. I have tried sharing with multiple people and all of them only have this issue with me.

If I share one window, share screen works properly. This problem only occurs when sharing desktop.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable to rejoin Meeting Chat

I'm a member of a recurring meeting. After the last meeting, I left the chat by selecting Chat > {the meeting} > Leave.

The next time the meeting started, I can't see or join the chat. There is a message "You can't send messages because you are not a member of the chat." I can see the chat from the last meeting up until the point I left, and it said I left the meeting.

When I view the meeting series and select Chat with participants, I see a message "Sorry, chat is unavailable until you join the meeting", even…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Time zone incorrect in Teams on RDS server when EnableTimeZoneRedirection is set

When Teams is launched on a Windows RDS server with the EnableTimeZoneRedirection GPO/registry key set, the time zone in Teams reflects the systems time zone, not the time zone from the user session.

This includes the times in the Calendar tab & the chat history.

This only affects the Teams application. Outlook & other applications show the correct time zone, as well as the Teams web app (because it pulls the time from the browser).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Caller ID Name Display

For Canadian callers, the outgoing name display does not currently work. When I make an outgoing phone call via MS Teams, the call recipient only sees my business number. They do not see my company name or any name associated with that number. In the US, there is a CNAME database that needs to be updated with a name for each phone number. In Canada, there is no database. The caller's phone company sends the caller's name, whether it is VoIP or traditional phone. Please, MS Teams, add a feature where Canadian customers can indicate what business name should appear…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Twitter Connector missing from Teams

Hi,

The twitter connector in Teams seems to have gone missing. Is there any way to get it back?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug: Pinned File disappears in Teams after pinning

See here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/pinned-items-in-sharepoint-not-showing-in-teams/m-p/1099050

Once a file has been pinned in a channel, if you leave the Files tab and return it no longer displays. It does, however display as pinned in SharePoint

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show for members feature is not affecting channel visibility

As an Owner of a Team, there is no longer a way to show or hide a channel for all members after a channel is created. Each member will have to go to each channel, click the ellipsis and select "Show" to see the channel.

Going through team ellipsis > Manage Team > Channels tab > selecting "Show for members" on a channel no longer has any effect for existing or new members.

Creating a channel through the graph api at /v1.0/teams/channels and using the isFavoriteByDefault property in the body is no longer working either.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. private channels must be able to be created by owners and the owner must be able to choose who is in that private channel.

As a teacher there is sometimes a group work and it would be interesting to create private groups where the other members cannot watch / copy from the private channel.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Shared content is randomly not recorded in meeting recording

When you share a window or the entire screen, everyone in the meeting can see it. However, it happens that the recording will not include the shared window. This seems to occur entirely randomly. It is not predictable and it is clearly a bug. The recording should show what people sees during the live meeting.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Language setting only applies on Main Page (MTR)

I have applied Swedish language on MTR system, so now my Teams app is showing Swedish and 24h clock which is great. But it only does it on the main page, when entering the meeting options (invite page) or joining a meeting, the language is English / 12h clock (AM/PM)
    Using 4.3.33.0 version.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams tab can't be load on Created channel (not General)

I created a Teams tab with spfx web-part and deployed it on a channel (not General).
    It worked on
    - Web app
    - Window app

- Android app
    However, it can't be load on Team app on IOS.
    Note: on General channel is OK

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 79 80
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base