Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Latest Teams update breaks Virtual Cameras - Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.18164

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5 - Just prior to the update to 1.3.00.18164, Teams was able to utilize my OBS and Wirecast virtual cameras which I use all the time. Now Teams doesn't see them and yep, the permissions for screen recording, etc are all accounted for and I disabled and re-enabled the settings, as well as restarting the app(s), including Teams, etc. and the machine. Previously, I was able to choose the appropriate virtual camera. Now I only have access to the Mac's built-in webcam. Obviously, this is not ideal.

The version that did work for sure was 1.3.00.15561.

523 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

88 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams now setting my status to "Away" after 10 minutes?!?

While working outside of the Teams windows it sets Teams to "Away" after a very short time, even while working on the PC. As most people are not constantly just using Teams this leads others to believe one is not at their desk. There needs to be a way to turn to off and/or manually set the timeout period.

381 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove comfort noise

It seems like Microsoft Teams has a comfort noise: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfort_noise , at least on the Windows Desktop Client - please give us an option to disable it or remove it completely.

Also see:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/background-white-static-noise-even-with-microphones-muted/m-p/1254880

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Memory utilization for MS Teams

As all of us know, MS Teams uses an enormous amount of memory.

Time for Microsoft to solve the problem of very high memory utilization by MS Teams.

Microsoft: Please work on this issue with high priority. We cannot accept 2,3 and sometimes 4 GB RAM consumption by MS Teams.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cannot add Teams meeting to a single occurrence of a series

Hello,
    We have a new issue - when a Delegate tries to convert a single occurrence in a series to a Teams meeting she gets a message telling her she must convert the entire series to a Teams meeting. (""This is one appointment in a series. To make it an online meeting, open the meeting series and try again.")

She does not want to change the entire series to a Teams meeting.

She states that she was able to do this until about a week ago. When opening a recurring meeting, she would get prompted and choose the single occurrence…

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Screen sharing broken on Linux with 1.3.00.16851

Latest release for Linux 1.3.00.16851 broke screen sharing on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS / i3wm.

Complete screen went black. Only red border and mouse courser visible. Working fine with previews version 1.3.00.5153.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Team desktop client picking low quality video resolution from set offered by web cam.

Teams client is picking 640x360 resolution rather than optimal resolution. This results in sub-par picture quality.

This happens with virtual camera devices like XplitVcam, XsplitBroadcaster and OBS as well as physical cameras like Logitech brio.

I have proven this by removing the 640x360 offered resolution from xsplit XML files (it offers multiple resolutions via dshow and teams picks which it wants to use) - quality improved.

To be clear this is a bug in how team client selects from the dshow resolutions offered.

More here https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-virtual-cam-bad-video-quality-in-teams-skype.118800/

This issue does not affect web client.

confirmed in client version 1.3.00.13565

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When transferring using consult then transfer in new meeting experience, the 'live' call window is behind the call being transferred

We have found that when attempting to transfer a call with the new meeting experience switched on, the window for the 'live' call - i.e. the consultation is hidden behind the call you are attempting to transfer, which is not intuitive nor immediately obvious so it appears that the Transfer button is missing.

Could this please be resolved so that the focus is on the consultative call window and not on the call which is being transferred (which is on hold at this time)?

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If teams is minimized it shows me as away after 5/10 minutes

Teams shows me as away when the desktop app is minimized. I am still working but my team thinks I am away. Very annoying!

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sharepoint News-connector not working

The Sharepoint news connector can no longer be configured for any channel, and already configured connections are no longer working. I've published a couple of news for more than 48 hours ago, still no newspush in the channel. Please fix this, it's urgent in these times when fast news are important!

Error message: REST request failed. Headers : SPRequestGuid:117d3e94-e5ee-4af3-b8a3-3d87d362ffc7SPRequestDuration:13request-id:117d3e94-e5ee-4af3-b8a3-3d87d362ffc7 Error from response : {"error_description":"Missing signature."}

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PLATFORM ERROR WHEN SHARING FILES THROUGH THE WINDOW OPTION

1.- When wanting to share files, some have commented to me that the document, video, etc. that they open during the meeting by clicking the share button is not seen in the "Window" part and it is not seen in the lower part.

2.- So it happens that if we have a file open and we close it during the meeting, by mistake in the platform it continues to appear in the list to share and confuses thinking that we can open it from that window.

3.- It happens in the new meeting experience

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Whenever I hit (Shift+Alt) to change my keyboard language, the cursor jumps to the end of the sentence

There's a bug in Windows Teams Client for the desktop. Whenever I hit (Shift+Alt) to change my keyboard language, the cursor jumps to the end of the sentence.

This makes it hard to edit sentences and fix multi-language mistakes on the fly.

You can help the problem if you turn off spell check, but that's hardly a long term solution.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Flickering screen when sharing Adobe PDF's.

When sharing an adobe PDF file on application view the document continuously flickers for both the host and guests. the only way to resolve this is to hold down the mouse button. It's so bad we have resulted to Zoom to share screens. Please offer a fix ASAP.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Screen share won't find newly open programs

When doing screen share in a Teams meeting, it will not find newly opened programs after the meeting starts. You need to stop the meeting open all programs and then you can click screen share to see the open programs to share. It will not work if you start the meeting FIRST and then open the programs you need to share.

Also, you are having to scroll down to see all available options if more than 2 programs are open and trying to screen share. Many teachers are getting confused and has been many of our Customer Support calls.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams crashes - error code CAA301F7

Teams crashes, error code CAA301F7
    Laptop is an HP 840 G3, running Win10 Pro version 1909 OS build 18363.815 and BIOS P78 ver. 01.25, 1/2/19
    This is not just this laptop, but other laptops we support that are having this problem. At first just a handful, but the numbers are growing. User can still access Teams via the web portal and app on their phones, but not on the laptops. We have tried steps to fix his by clearing out caches and uninstalling and reinstall and this problem still persists. I cannot find a solution to this specific error code…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable gif background effects

When you select a gif as a background effect, it just appears as a still picture and is not animated. Please add support for gifs so that if you set a gif as your background effect, it is animated. Thank you!

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sometime tagging mention has not receive notification

It seems some bugs. When user mentioned by tag that sometime it has not receive notification.But its not anytime happens. just sometime

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. If "new meeting experience" is enabled, telephone calls that come inbound from a Call Queue can not be answered and disconnect immediately

If the "new meeting experience" is enabled on Teams Version 1.3.0019173 (64bit) Windows 10 then users in our telephone call queue can no longer answer any incoming calls. They are disconnected immediately upon answering. Disabling "new meeting experience" resolves this for now.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pinned app wont stay pinned

I try to pin an app, but not long afterwards I see this:
    "Your admin has updated your settings. Some of your pinned apps have moved."
    Our IT wouldn't have changed these settings, so why is this the default?

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 272 273
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base