Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Copy Link" or alternative should give direct access to link not formatted html

I want to be able to use "Copy Link" and past the link into:

• url bar

• Jira issue

• github comment/issue

• gitlab comment/issue

• text editor

Currently however "Copy Link" puts html on the clipboard which disallows the above use cases.

Below I paste the clipboard contents from "Copy Link":
    Patrick Wheeler: test can I link to a reply
    posted in ATR / test copy link in new channel at Apr 19, 2018 6:55 PM

Similar issue:
    * https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33896725--copy-link-aka-permalink-doesn-t-work-properly

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the hand ok sign animation has a row of pixels at the top

there is a line at the top of the ok hand emoji animation that looks a though it should be at the bottom

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Teams window is about 50% darker when my desktop is running HDR mode.

BUG, BUG, BUG.. The teams windows is about 25% dimmer when running in HDR mode. Please fix this....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The UI does not allow me to see all contact while in a chat easily. I am also unable to "pop out" a chat in order to have multiple chat se

Add the ability to "pop out" a chat so that multiple separate chats can occur at once.
    Add the ability to change the UI to allow chat text to be linear rather than on different sides

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enter (CR) terminates a message instead of inserting a carriage return. Change this!

Please make typing an "Enter" (or carriage return) in a conversation box or a reply not terminate the message! This is inconsistent with other MSFT products, but also is the single biggest point of frustration with my users. At least make this configurable! Enter should just instead a new line and allow the user to continue their message. Posting the message should be CNTL-ENTER or hitting the Send icon.

I had a whole group abandon Teams in favor or Slack because of this highly annoying issue. Please elevate this fix!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shifts - Export date fields don't respect date/time format of timezone

When using the export schedule & export shifts functions, the date fields are still in US date format and not in the format of the "Team time zone" chosen in Settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Avatar cutoff

Avatars are partially cutoff when the user is typing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. skype

In the chat windows with Skype users, the video/call graphics at the top of the window are partially cutoff.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There is not enough room on the title bar to drag the window when using split screen or monitors in portrait mode

The available click / drag area is about 1/8 of an inch. See RED highlight on attached image. There should always be a 1-2 inch drag handle in the title bar, or better yet, GET THE SEARCH BOX OUT OF THE TITLE BAR. Let windows handle the window management things. At least Visual Studio's cramming of the menu in the title bar complies with my OS visibility settings, and can be turned off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Meme generator loses post buttons if Teams window is too short

I had posted "custom memes" in the past, so I was confused when I couldn't do it anymore. Then I discovered it's a UX bug where the buttons disappear if you make the Teams window too short (attached).

Bad UX. Not responsive. There is plenty of space here... the code is just wrong. Thanks for fixing!

~Luke

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Date control must block checkmark

Date control on app makes it hard to set date as the check in the background is enabled.

As a user I want to set the time for an appointment in the calendar. It is not 100 pct clear you must press OK to save your changes. You press the checkmark in the upper right corner. This closed the date control and disregards your changes.

Acceptance criteria:
    The date control does not close then I click outside the control

The checkmark in the background is not shown

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Linux Client] Link Preview Overlapping Checkmark

When editing a message with a link, the link preview overlays the check mark, making it impossible to send the message, without removing the the preview first.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. banner added over input text in skype conversation

In a conversation with a skype for business user (who has also a Teams account), Teams suggest to use Teams instead of Skype for the rest of the conversation.
    Here's the message:
    "Due to an org policy change, you can enjoy a richer chat and calling experience. Continue your conversation here."

But the banner comme often over the input text preventing the Teams user to answer (see the screenshot)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screen sharing control bar moves after clicking certain icons on it

When viewing a shared screen, clicking the "show conversation" or "show participants" icons causes the control bar to move left by several inches in order to accommodate the newly opened sidebar.

I've accidentally requested control in several meetings when trying to quickly view the chat because of this, as when the sidebar is opened, the "request control" button moves exactly where the "show conversation" and "show participants" icons had previously been.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 表の一文字目が半角で固定される

表題の通り、表のセルに文字を入力しようとすると最初の一文字目が半角になって困る。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. UI/UX bug: "Start a new conversation" should be a button

It is very common (especially with new users) to make the mistake of starting a new conversation instead of replying to an existing one. People are used to WhatsApp groups that doesn't have threads of conversations, so, they always go to the text field at the bottom of the screen to reply to previous messages and ignore the "Reply" links at the bottom of each conversation.

The "Start a new conversation" today is just a textfield with a placeholder. The textfield is already there, so, the users go there and doesn't click on the "Reply". This is a huge problem,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams UI Issue in half screen mode: Teams pane is hiding tabs in halft screen mode

When I use teams in half screen mode along with other applications for the multitasking purpose, The teams pane in the application hides the portion of the current working tab. It makes hard to use teams in half screen mode along with other application and restrict my productivity.
    There should be an option for hiding teams list pane for better usablity.

Also when I resize the teams application size, my application doesn't change the size according to the teams application. Instead of this it appears scroll bar for that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Schedule items crossing Month boundaries do not render consistently on schedule in Shifts

Schedule items, such as overnight shifts or Time Off which straddle the month boundary (end of one month and start of the next) do not consistently appear on the schedule. I can view themonth of October, month view, and see someone has time off starting Oct. 25 (through Nov 2), but when I view November there are no schedule (month view) the same individual will show no items for November 1-2.
    Week to week within the month seems to display correctly, but the month boundary is inconsistent. I can be sitting next to a co-worker and they bring up the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When your authentication or session expires, it doesn't prompt or tell you

Instead it just silently fails and behaves as if there are no new messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base