Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams focus issues when sharing content

In the recent Teams Dogfood build (Version 1.4.00.523 (64-bit)-E. It was last updated on 07/01/2021) if I have a meeting window popped out and snapped to one side of my monitor & other applications in the other half of my screen - Teams steals focus when a user in the meeting shares their screen.

Example - On a call, all talking sharing video and I've got Outlook open on the right and I'm looking at an email. Someone on the call starts screensharing and the Outlook window vanishes as Teams becomes the focus application.

It's hyper distracting and has led…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Language setting only applies on Main Page (MTR)

I have applied Swedish language on MTR system, so now my Teams app is showing Swedish and 24h clock which is great. But it only does it on the main page, when entering the meeting options (invite page) or joining a meeting, the language is English / 12h clock (AM/PM)
    Using 4.3.33.0 version.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MS Teams - other users see old profile picture

I regularly change my user profile picture (corporate teams account) and after a short period my profile updates across the O365 environment. However users in MS Teams typically see older images cached (from a previous meeting) on their side when we meet in teams. In other areas (eg; Outlook person card or SharePoint/Delve) they always see the correct photo.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reply Feature

Hello,
    I request that the Reply feature be sent to the messages in the desktop application. Just like on mobile.
    It is very important in group messaging.
    Thanks

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Copy Link" or alternative should give direct access to link not formatted html

I want to be able to use "Copy Link" and past the link into:

• url bar
    • Jira issue
    • github comment/issue
    • gitlab comment/issue
    • text editor

Currently however "Copy Link" puts html on the clipboard which disallows the above use cases.

Below I paste the clipboard contents from "Copy Link":
    Patrick Wheeler: test can I link to a reply
    posted in ATR / test copy link in new channel at Apr 19, 2018 6:55 PM

Similar issue:
    * https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33896725--copy-link-aka-permalink-doesn-t-work-properly

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Restore channel UI element should indicate if restore is not available

Currently when a channel has been removed and has remained deleted for 30+ days, the "Restore" button continues to show up in "Channels" tab of "manage team" settings despite it no longer being available for restore.

This misleads users who will click it without realising that restore is not available. There is also no feedback to the user to suggest the restore is not occuring.

My suggestion is for the channel settings UI to display if a restore is available or not (such as making the "Restore" option dissapear)
    In an ideal scenario, the UI would also show the date…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Text Navigation with Ctrl+Left loops to the right

When you navigate in the text you are writing with Ctrl+LeftArrow & reach the leftmost position, the cursor loops to the rightmost position (but not the other way around).

This leads me to trying to navigate left. Don't notice that the cursor jumped to the right, and delete text at the wrong place.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. {{::buttonText}} when viewing a team's chat

When I click a team I get this {{::buttonText}} on the side menu. I guess it's an issue with injecting state in the side menu component. If it's similar to Slack then this would've been a channel's name.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. UI/UX bug: "Start a new conversation" should be a button

It is very common (especially with new users) to make the mistake of starting a new conversation instead of replying to an existing one. People are used to WhatsApp groups that doesn't have threads of conversations, so, they always go to the text field at the bottom of the screen to reply to previous messages and ignore the "Reply" links at the bottom of each conversation.

The "Start a new conversation" today is just a textfield with a placeholder. The textfield is already there, so, the users go there and doesn't click on the "Reply". This is a huge problem,…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fullscreen is gone

In the lastest version, there is no fullscreen mode anymore. "Focus" is too small for me since I have a rather small display and the peole that share their screens with my have often 4K displays - in that case, I can't read anything.

Want the fullcreen mode back! Why did you remove it?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. MS Team's approval app doesn't honour markdowns used to format the content

We are formatting the content in Approval using these markdowns but in MS Team Approval app, the content of message all shows up with markdowns... looks very messy.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The Teams window is about 50% darker when my desktop is running HDR mode.

BUG, BUG, BUG.. The teams windows is about 25% dimmer when running in HDR mode. Please fix this....

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Messaging extension cards

When using messaging extension search, we have found that once the adaptive cards show up after clicking on the (hero) preview card; it gets overlapped by the current tab. So for eg., If we try to view the adaptive card for a github PR in the search bar while having a tab window open; the card gets overlapped by the tab. This bug wasn't present before but has now been showing up in the desktop and browser teams client since past few weeks. We are able to reproduce the bug in Github legacy as well our app - Structural.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Current Team is not highlighted or expanded in Teams sidebar

When viewing a channel, the current parent Team used to become bold and would auto-expand in the Teams sidebar to indicate that it was active. This has stopped working. It is especially apparent when accessing a channel by a pin or a link because there is no visual indication in the sidebar of what Team or channel you are currently viewing.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New meeting experience shared content in pop-out window is blurry in focus mode.

The pop-out window in the new meeting experience shows shared content in a size less than full screen even when in focus mode, meaning the shared content is scaled down. The result is blurry. Focus mode should go completely full screen to avoid scaling issues.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the hand ok sign animation has a row of pixels at the top

there is a line at the top of the ok hand emoji animation that looks a though it should be at the bottom

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guest names have double quotes and backslashes around their names, their initials are missing

It started this monday in Teams application on Windows, in Czech locale. Guest names ("Host" in the Czech language) are enclosed in double quotes and with backslashes. For that affected users (most of them, maybe all), there are also missing initial letters of their name (e.g. instead of "JB" for Joe Black, there is only an icon of the user).

It seems that double quotes are replaced with backslashes and next double quotes on next login and it is growing. After few days, the name may completely hide in double quotes and backslashes.

Please analyze and try fix: - why…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "File in use" error trying to attach MSWord doc to outlook and slack

Why can't you attach an open Word doc into a Slack or Outlook message? I understand it is Word locking the doc, but if there are no pending changes, it is SUCH an avoidable amount of overhead (especially as a keyboard-only user) to try to attach the file, get an error message, go close the doc, reattach it and then go back and reopen the doc for future work. Now do all of that with 40 windows open and unable to use a mouse. Terrible #UX.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Color of the call accept/answer icon

Please consider changing the color of the call accept / answer button to something more intuitive (green). Currently, it’s gray and the end button is red, so when a call comes in, you naturally want to press the button that has more contrast. My colleagues and I continually press the end button and reject the calls!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. cannot rename dial plans

windows 10
    chrome 88.0.4324.190

teams admin console in 365 (admin.teams.microsoft.com)

go to voice > dial plans
    add a dial plan
    give it a name and description
    save it

edit that dial plan
    try to change its name - you cant. it's greyed out

duplicating a dial plan leave you with something named Original Dial Plan - Copy that you cannot change.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base