Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to reorder hidden Teams

You're supposed to be able to reorder your Teams list by dragging and dropping Teams. This works for me within the "Your teams" list, but not within the "Hidden teams" list. Please allow hidden Teams to be reordered.

Also, it would be convenient if there were a quick way to automatically order the Teams list alphabetically or by date created.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Class Notebook not loading in Teams

The class note book is not loading in Teams and when selecting a section e.g. Content to upload material nothing happens.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Assignments Tab

The iOS version of Teams has a bug. If a subject has no assignment listed you cannot then navigate to another subject. The page has no drop down menu and even clicking another tab (say Chat) and clicking back on Assignments does not resolve the issue. The page should reset to the master list of subjects but stays stuck on the previous subject. You have to log out and back into account to reset it. The Assignments tab works fine on the desktop version, but not iPad. Please can you look into this as it is driving us parents crazy!…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. @forms in chat poll in Teams meeting display error

After submitting an @forms poll in the chat window of a Teams meeting the progress bar image link is broken. The results of the poll only show percentages without the progress bar image.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It is not possible to add Guest users to a private channel

I have a Teams with normal channels and private channels
    In my team there are normal members and also guests
    The guests can perfectly work in the normal channels
    But when I try to add a guest user to a private channel, it doesn't work
    It simple doesn't resolve the user when I type the emailaddress

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams calendar cannot be color coded

Cannot color code Teams calendar events.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Answer calls on mobile failure

When called to an organisations que, the phone keeps ringing and after picking up, the lock screen on the phone is popping up. The second time after sliding the phone the call is still somewhere on the background. But its not visible on your mobile screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Deleted Groups in Teams Shifts still shows when in Day View

There is a bug I found in Teams Shift. During my early exploration of the APP, I created a work plan for our existing Teams members. Once I got familiar with the APP, I deleted the dummy Team Shifts Group that I created for practice and created a real Shifts Group for our team.

I noticed that when in Day View, my deleted Groups still shows for me team members who either have Time-Off added for that day.  So the names would show as duplicated for all the groups (2 from the deleted and 1 for the real group).

I
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I can't see some documents on the teams app that I can see on my desktop

Fix the bug so I can see all documents on the teams app

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams channel that was deleted is not available to be restored

I deleted a channel and wanted to create a new one with the same name. I cannot do this as it says the name was already taken. So I wanted to restore that channel but it does not show up when I go to manage Team, then the channels tab. There is no deleted channels section for me to restore.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shifts unavailable on Teams iOS app

Shift are unavailable for access in TEAMS iOS app and throws up an error saying shifts are available on StaffHub.

While StaffHub is going to be decommissioned soon, could you please advise why the Shifts created on Teams (accessible on desktop) are not available on iOS app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. duplication of files in Teams

When i Upload a file in Teams, the original file starts duplicating itself without limitations. I cannot seem to stop the process other then removing the orginal file. What am I doing wrong?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Guest users meeting access

The "meetings" tab doesn't show for guest users when, more often than not, it would be beneficial for the guest to have easy access to this. The meetings used to show up in the "chat" tab, and also would show in our general channel with them whilst the meetings were active - but now neither shows. Has there been a change to guest access on Teams? This seems to be a very functional part of Teams, that guests can no longer see.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Not possible to create a team with PowerShell (New-Team) when group naming policy is enabled in the O365 tenant.

When I try to create a team in PowerShell, using the New-Team cmdlet, I get following error message:
    Message: The property is missing a required prefix/suffix per your organization's Group naming requirements.

There is a naming policy enabled in our tenant that adds a prefix to O365 group names. I can create teams in the desktop client and the naming policy is applied correctly, but in PowerShell it fails. I have tried New-Team with group names that include the required prefix and names that don't, the error is always the same.

Is it possible to fix the New-Team cmdlet, so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. owner has temporaly lost access to his teams

I was approached by teachers from my university with the problem of missing teams that they own. The teams just disappeared and the teachers lost access to them. At the same time, I saw them in the list of members (owners) of the appropriate teams in the Azure AD and MS365 Admin center. I was able to restore access to several teams by changing the role to a member and back to the owner for one of the teachers, and in other cases access was restored by itself after a while. So far, only 2 teachers out of 700 have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Changes to Channel name not reflected in corresponding SharePoint Folder

If an end user changes a Channel name it is not reflected in the corresponding SharePoint folder name. If we change the SharePoint folder to match the channel name the link between the two is lost!"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Private Teams Group not creating an email address for channels

When we create a new private teams group there are no email addresses being created for the channels.
    When the Teams group is created as a public group the email addresses are created instantly for every channel.
    Changing the Private group to a Public group doesn't help with providing the email address.
    The only way now to get channels with email addresses is to create the Teams group as a public group and then change it to Private afterwards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MS Teams is mixing the user picture when we have two chats at same time

It's not big deal, but it's weird. MS Teams change the user picture when we are chatting with two user in two separately chats.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Resolve conversations in Team's channels

If there is a conversation in some of the Team's channels it may get a lot of answers. At the same time there could be serval conversations in the same channel. It could be great if there is a change to mark a conversation as resolved, when the conversation has finished.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Invalid response code for user busy when Voice Mail is disabled

Microsoft sends wrong SIP release code (603 declined, instead of 403) when a call is rejected from Team client when call forwarding to Voice Mail is disabled. 603 is this is global error class. Ideally if a call is rejected by client end, it should send client error class response.

This is misinterpretation of the SIP codes. Please refer SIP RFC. How this is definitive that user Is not going to accept subsequent inbound call?
    Here user is just decline one particular call, how this can be interpreted as Global Failure scenario “603”
    In the ISUP to SIP mapping. 21…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base