Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Meetings scheduled in teams are not editable. The dates are blanking out and the channel setting is incorrect.

The dates are blanking out and the channel setting is incorrect. Getting the error message: "Meeting is either cancelled or you are not a member of it."

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. attendance list does not register second time the session is started

It seems MS Teams only records information of the attendance list of first time the meeting was started.
    As user by mistake started the call ealier and then ended it.

Later on when I officially started it, that information was not recorded as part of the attendance list.

It should be recorded every time the sessions are started/ended.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Not possible to create a team with PowerShell (New-Team) when group naming policy is enabled in the O365 tenant.

When I try to create a team in PowerShell, using the New-Team cmdlet, I get following error message:
    Message: The property is missing a required prefix/suffix per your organization's Group naming requirements.

There is a naming policy enabled in our tenant that adds a prefix to O365 group names. I can create teams in the desktop client and the naming policy is applied correctly, but in PowerShell it fails. I have tried New-Team with group names that include the required prefix and names that don't, the error is always the same.

Is it possible to fix the New-Team cmdlet, so…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams meeting participant list does not populate email address, employee ID.

Currently when we download attendee list, only name, user action and timestamp gets displayed. It would be great if email address and Employee ID of the users also gets populated in the participant list in order to avoid confusion happening in case there are multiple people with same name.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. need to convert a meeting to a team

So, imagine, we hold a meeting. People get invited, papers get posted to the meeting as files.

Then we decide we need to do this regularly. I want to turn that meeting, and its participants, into a team with full chat capability and sharepoint etc.

I can't. I have to create a team or channel with the same people, and copy the files over. The chat threading is lost and can't be copied.

I think we should be able to turn a meeting into a team or a channel

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams meeting recording gallery mode

Large Gallery Mode is great for a big meeting. However, the meeting recording only shows a 4-panel view. it would be nice to have the full 49 panel view to create meeting photos or examine reactions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mirror image and thumbnail still displaying in large gallery view

I have now managed to get the large gallery to work (in that it has shown me 12 people on screen at one time) however, the thing that I do not seem to be able to stop it doing is always including my image-in the ‘mirror image’ form- within those 12 (in addition to my image appearing in the bottom right of Teams as per usual); even when there are extra people in the meeting who are not showing at all. Do you have any idea whether there is a way of stopping Teams from doing this or is it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. OneNote not syncing across platforms

OneNote, specifically the Sections and Pages, when installed on Teams, and on the web version of OneNote doesn't sync with the Sections and Pages on the standalone OneNote for Windows 10.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams defaults to "Your Shifts" there is no way to set it always to view "Team shifts"

Teams defaults to "Your Shifts" there is no way to set it always to view "Team shifts"

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Microsoft Teams Ribbon issue

In a Teams meeting where someone is sharing their screen, the meeting control bar (audio/video, share, chat, leave meeting, etc) is centered in the lower part of the screen, but can still obstruct part of the material being presented / shared.

While this goes away if your mouse pointer is positioned to the left or right of the presentation and not moved for a while, however, in today's multitasking world, that's not realistic.

So, could you please make it so this control bar can be moved to the left or right and displayed vertically, or at least make it so…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My Teams has a completely Black Screen.

My Teams has a completely Black Screen. Icons like minimize and close are active, but are not visible. Completed a restart but problem remains.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. meeting with channel

1. In desktop teams client go to Calendar
    2. create a meeting
    3. select a channel with many persons
    4. Invite one person
    5. send the invitation
    6. open the meeting in Outlook calendar => There are some person of the channel optional added

If the idea is to have all member of a channel added optional, then do it right after selecting ths channel. Than i can remove person before sending the invation. Or do not invite any person except I select them.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. hub navigation sharepoint in Teams

If you add the main Sharepoint online page (https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/) as a channel in teams via link, the hub navigation of the Sharepoint page is not displayed.

It is not possible to navigate to other pages because all menus are hidden.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Deleted Groups in Teams Shifts still shows when in Day View

There is a bug I found in Teams Shift. During my early exploration of the APP, I created a work plan for our existing Teams members. Once I got familiar with the APP, I deleted the dummy Team Shifts Group that I created for practice and created a real Shifts Group for our team.
    I noticed that when in Day View, my deleted Groups still shows for me team members who either have Time-Off added for that day. So the names would show as duplicated for all the groups (2 from the deleted and 1 for the real group).
    I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams owner added as member from Teams creation tab

If you create a team and try to set a new owner directly from the Team Creation tab that user is added only as member even though in Admin Center it shows as owner. To work around the issue you have to make that user a member and then a owner again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams conversations have disappeared

I have two accounts on Teams and I can switch from one to another. After using one for some time and changing back to the other, all conversations of the other had disappeared. Only channels are visible, but not the contents. How can I get the conversations back?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guest users meeting access

The "meetings" tab doesn't show for guest users when, more often than not, it would be beneficial for the guest to have easy access to this. The meetings used to show up in the "chat" tab, and also would show in our general channel with them whilst the meetings were active - but now neither shows. Has there been a change to guest access on Teams? This seems to be a very functional part of Teams, that guests can no longer see.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Breakout Room Function in Private Channels is gone

Since last week the Breakout Room Function in Private Channels is gone, before this it worked fine in all channels. What's wrong?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I can't click and view the hidden channels

Trying to click on "hidden channels" to unhide one and I get no response.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SPO sites from a Private Channel cannot be managed by SPO Admin Portal

The admin experience will be better if we be able to manage the sites related to private channels via SPO Admin site and not just via PowerShell.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base