Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Applying changes to team members from the Ms teams admin center doesn't do what is requested.

Applying changes to team members from the Ms teams admin center doesn't do what is requested. For example, when demoting an owner to member, kicks out the user from the Team. Sometimes when doing changes to a member, it kicks out another member from the team.

Please fix.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to add Uesr to group in Teams Shifts -- Save button never enables/illuminates

Unable to add user to Shifts-group on a shift schedule within Microsoft Teams. Once a user is added to a shifts-group, you cannot add to a second Shifts-group, or even delete from Shifts-group and then moved to a second Shifts-group. User must be completely DELETED from team and then re-added in order to move or add to different shift. When attempting to add user to a Shifts-group, the SAVE button never illuminates/enables. See Screenshot. Tried both web and mac teams clients. No error message. Repeatable. Demonstrated on screen share during Ticket #15512311.

Deleting user from Team in order to move…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Meeting Video Echo feedback when talking

In Teams Meeting with Video a consistent echo of our own voice and you can't understand one another. When will this be fixed?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We see a problem with the raise hand function

Some of our teachers cannot see when students raise there hand i Team meetings
    They report that the students have to unmute them selv before en raised hand symbol shows
    I found others "out there" with the samme problem, ex. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/i-cant-see-who-is-raising-their-hand-but-my/52b54c97-123f-4306-965d-0815f2f4b056
    I attach an image of the problem
    A student show his screen in the meeting and in this case the teacher can see the raised hands, but the student can not - the 2 arrows point to same user in the meeting

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Breakouts and presenter mode

I am using TEAMS for education. I have one glitch. I wonder if you might know why my students are not getting presenter power when they are in their breakouts? I have to go into each room individually and manually give it to them.

It would also be super helpful to be able to randomly assign students to breakouts.

Thanks for your help,
    Amanda

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unable to reorder hidden Teams

You're supposed to be able to reorder your Teams list by dragging and dropping Teams. This works for me within the "Your teams" list, but not within the "Hidden teams" list. Please allow hidden Teams to be reordered.

Also, it would be convenient if there were a quick way to automatically order the Teams list alphabetically or by date created.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MS Teams member/owner issues

I am an owner in MS Teams and if I change a memners role to owner it does show the person as owner in the list of owners but when I search the specific person it is then shown as a member again.

Thanks for any help on the matter!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams calendar cannot be color coded

Cannot color code Teams calendar events.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unable to delete private or public team or channel created and owned by me

Cannot delete private or public channel or team that was created or owned by me. When trying to delete a team, message says: "An error occurred"
    When trying to delete a channel, message says: "We couldn’t delete the Training Channel channel. Try deleting it again."

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unable to @Mention Private Channels

As a team owner I'd like to be able to @Mention a private channel in a public channel to be able to send the same message to multiple groups at the same time

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams app class materials

The class materials folder is not visible in the teams app. This is crazy given that most of the files you wish to view through the app are likely to be in this folder.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. User leaves MS Team when they leave plan

When I leave a Planner plan within a channel in my team, I am removed from the team as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want to be able to receive chat notifications sent to Teams in another Microsoft account while signed in to my internal account in Teams

I want to be able to receive chat notifications sent to Teams in another Microsoft account while signed in to my internal account in Teams

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. About Teams "Allow lobby participants"

If an external user connects from the team's meeting link, you can join the meeting by clicking the “Allow lobby participants” checkbox, but only the organizer should allow it

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. archive team and make sharepoint site read-only fails with unhelpful error

using admin.teams.microsoft.com you can archive a site that you are not the owner of. When attempting to archive and make sharepoint site read-only the operation failed.

I am a teams admin, a sharepoint admin and a global admin and it still failed. Added myself as an owner of the team and it completed successfully.

The error message was "Unable to archive team" very unhelpful. Not sure why a global admin needs to be an owner of the team to archive but if that is required, use a better error message. Or, even do a check and give a warning /…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We can't rename any channels.

Whenever we rename a Chanel, a new empty folder with the new name is created and the old one can only be accessed via the file explorer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Flickering screen

Scrolling to the oldest messages in the activity feed causes a flickering (most likely continuously refreshing) screen. I am using ios app V1.0.80

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When switching back and forth between accounts, the account drop down disappears

When switching back and forth between accounts (after switching maybe 3 to 5 times), the account drop down in the top right disappears. Only way to get it back is to completely kill teams and restart it.

Using Windows 10 client Version 1.0, I have two accounts (each belongs to a seperate company).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. channels disappear

After playing around for a day or so with Teams, I decided to try and convince my office to switch from Slack. My first demonstration of creating channels (after creating multiple ones yesterday) failed as they would disappear immediately after being created. This is in the desktop and web apps in Windows and on Mac. Logging out and back in does not solve the problem. Needless to say, this failure of a demonstration is forcing us to continue using Slack. Maybe we will try again next year.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. No Join Button For Meeting Organizers

The organizers don't get a Join button on the meetings that are set up through the Outlook application.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base