Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to do a screen share in MS teams

We are on Citrix envirnement and use Teams on a VDI, Screen Share Icon on Teams is disabled when teams is optimized with Citrix VDA 1912 on VDI , Work space 1912 on Local Client & Teams 1.3 version on VDI . This combination is disabling the screen share icon and request/take control function on teams.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-for-vdi

Scenarios :

Working: Screen share Icon is visible , able to request control (Teams Not optimized)
    • Receiver 14.9 on Local
    • VDA 1912 on Vm
    • Teams Version 1.2

Not working : Screen Share Icon disabled, Not able to request control (Teams…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. File upload error when trying to upload a file in a Quiz created in Forms and assigned in a Class team

Create a quiz as an assignment in a class team. In the quiz add a question requiring a file to be uploaded. When the student tries to upload the file within the quiz, a file upload error is displayed.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We would like to have a popup with consent for agreeing on a recorded Teams call.

We are having Teams recording enabled for all users and with a consent note to be read by host, we were requested if there is a pop up consent option to participants to agree before joining the call what is set to record session. Please let me know how to achieve this and can be added to priority of backlog list.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Private channels in Teams are not visible in File Explorer

I'm syncing my Teams files with OneDrive so that I can open them from the File Explorer on my PC. However, these new Private channels don't show up in the File explorer nor can I move files from a public channel to the new private channel I created within the Team.

Thus, it's only possible to create new files from a Team but no way to neither move a file from OneDrive or the PC to the private channel nor from a channel to the private channel. This makes it almost impossible to move over to using the private channels.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Link not supported" error in IOS Teams app

The Teams links in email automatically generated by Teams (...sharing request emails for example) yield an error message in the IOS Teams App:

"Link not supported. You can't open this link on the mobile app. Please open it on the desktop or web app."

User impact: users cannot process Teams access requests on their IOS devices.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When the channel name in Teams is renamed the folder in sharepoint does not get rename.

Found the article which says it is by design

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/troubleshoot/known-issues/renaming-channel-does-not-rename-folder-SharePoint

This is impacting multiple users as it is creating confusion with name in channel and SharePoint folder.

Wanted to check if this is going to be fix in future.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Members Being Removed from Team

Members are being removed without anyone removing them. Line in general channel will say that an owner as removed them.When that owner did not.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Issue with new Private Channel creating new site collection in a different managed path than the original team instead of a folder

My organisation have a governance rule that all Microsoft Teams are created in the Teams managed path however the new private channels are not created as a folder but a new sitecollection which is created in the Sites managed path. Is there any chance for the team to place an option in the teams policy for Microsoft Teams channels to be created in the Teams managed path?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Guest Screen Sharing

Guests don't seem to be able to screen share during video meetings. The share icon on the screen is grayed out for the guest.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can't Join A Meeting when the Meeting Begin

Hi there,

We have come across the same issue twice that there is no "Join" button or option to join the meeting in Calendar when meeting begins. Not only the host of the meeting, but also all of the attendees can't join the meeting. (please refer to the attached screenshot)

You can see from the screenshot that we were supposed to join the meeting on April 23(today), but no one can join it. So we were forced to use the previous meeting link instead (April 21).

Could you kindly provide guidance or suggestions on this issue? Did we do something…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Indicate in MS Teams who kicks out other members from meetings

Currently members of MS Teams meetings can be kicked out by other members without leaving any traces. This can easily be abused.

Information who kicked out a member should be sent to the kicked out member and the MS Teams meeting so that this event is transparent to all meeting members.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams Admin - Failed to add owner to member roster

There is a significant bug on the Teams Admin portal.

For every team we have, it is showing random students as OWNERS of the teams and those who are actually teachers as MEMBERS.

When using the Team client it reflects the teachers and students accurately.

Although now it has led to causing an issue where we cannot use the admin to make other staff owners and changing people to members as it picks up the wrong user completely.

E.G. adding myself to a team and making myself owner would add me to the team, and make a completely random student…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot add a new channel. Channel disappears after created under a team.

Cannot add a new channel. The channel disappears after created under the team.

We have tried all the various ways to create the channel, you see it flash for a second like it was added then disappears! it is not in the Channel list either under active or deleted.

NOTE: you can add new channels from the Mobile App. Not the Desktop or Web apps.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG - Private Channel has no Owner

I have a private chanel where the owner has left the organisation. Despite documentation indicating a member is automatically promoted to be an owner, this hasn't worked.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Formats disappearing in Excel workbook shared in Teams

We are having issues with formats on a shared excel workbook in Teams. We create a new week by copying the previous one and pasting in a new tab. This worked fine for a while but now it loses all formatting - every font, colour, box - its very annoying! All the data is there including formulas but does anyone know how to stop this?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We couldn't add a mate to the group

Unable to add existing member of Teams to Favorites or Groups. Error message is "We couldn't add a mate to the group" There is no help for this error and nothing in the Googleverse for it either. It's really quite annoying not knowing why something is not performing the way you expect and that there are NO answers or SOLUTIONS for the query.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Meetings Organized in usage report has wrong values

When we generate the Teams usage report in the admin center web site, many Teams have wrong values in the "Meetings Organized" counter. Also, if we check the team analytics in the application, there are some missing meetings and also the meeting dates correspond to the date when the meeting is created, not when it really happen.

Thanks for your support!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams + JIRA Connect - Unable to locate saved filter

I'm trying to connect to my company's JIRA account. I think I've connected it to our JIRA instance. However, when I get to the part of "select the kind of tab you want to setup" where I search and select a saved filter. When I type in the filter I want, it doesn't return in the search. Then I try to scroll through the list but it only lets me scroll so far and I can't reach the filter I need.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Forms in Teams

I cannot use the forms in the "Group forms" option to generate a Task in Teams. Not listed

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base