Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneNote Notebook in a private channel not showing sections

When you create a regular Notebook within a private channel, it prompts you to add sections to the Notebook. You are unable to see the sections in the Notebook unless you open it in the browser.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 'Make this a tab' on a Visio file does not work

Visio Online and Visio files work well in Teams files and conversations. When I try to 'Make this a tab', nothing happens, and a tab is NOT created. It fails in both the Files library as well as a Visio file inline in a conversation. I realize there is no Visio entry in the "Add a tab" dialog, but since the viewing of Visio files works well when you click on the file, why not support adding it as a tab?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Onenote tab doesn't work in my desktop version of Teams.

The Onenote tab in the desktop version of Teams doesn't work. When I click it, the space below stays completely blank without any feedback. There is no error code, missing link or similar - just a white page. The tab first worked for two weeks and then suddenly stopped working. The same tab however still works perfectly in the online app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PowerBi App cant display map data as of 12/16

map data visualization fails to display in the teams powerbi tab.
    began on 12/16

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Yammer issue on Android app

Once navigated to the Yammer tab on the android app, the banner will be hidden. There is no way to navigate back to chat any more.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Links to Wiki pages/sections within channel don't load

Application: Microsoft Teams desktop app Version 1.3.00.3564 (64-bit)
    OS: 64-bit Windows 10 Education Version 1803 build 17134.1304
    Device: Dell Latitude laptop

Issue: If you add a Wiki tab within a channel and then copy the link for a page or section from the Wiki and send that link in Posts, clicking on the page/section link causes Teams to spin indefinitely. The link works correctly anywhere outside of the channel where the Wiki tab is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. High Contrast theme inverts color of images uploaded in OneNote tabs within a team

Images inserted/uploaded in a OneNote tab for a team display with inverted colors when in High Contrast theme.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Error when adding tabs to any channel

Error when adding tabs to any channel, the error just says something went wrong

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Checklist in Task on Planner tab not keeping "show on card" state

I've added a planner tab and added a task to it. I've then added some items to the checklist within the task. Checking the "show on card" briefly shows the checklist on the planner tab, but within seconds it disappears and the checkbox is gone. It doesn't allow me to permanently check it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Insights not accurately recording attendance in Teams meetings

As a teacher, using Microsoft Teams for all lessons, I have to record the student attendance in the lesson. Most of the time I remember to click to download the CSV file, but I am frequently so busy that I do forget. I thought Insights would solve this issue for me but it does not correctly record the students being in the lesson. I have several occurrences of the student being in the lesson, I can see them on the downloaded CSV attendance file, and yet Insights shows them with a red dot and a blank during that time period.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. categories not appear

I'm using Huawei mate 30 pro and teams app does not displaying tabs of categories

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bluetooth problem

I am using my samsung s7 tab but Teams does not connect my tablet with my bluetooth device so I can´t use them to listen to classes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Exit current screen to go other screens

Enable multiple tabs or screens so i dont have to exit my current screen just to go to calendar or open a file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copie Tab link to sharpoint app not working

The copy link to tab those not work when the tab is a SharePoint app
    It runs and never stop shearching

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assignments Incorrect "Past Due"

I am a student using Microsoft teams for classes. I have an issue with the occasional assignment saying it is "past due" in teams when I have already turned it in on time. I have tried checking for updates, singing out then back in, looking at my assignments list on my phone, and looking at the assignments list on my web browser (I have tried google and "the new" Microsoft Edge). The assignments are going to my teachers on time and when I click on the assignment it say that I have turned in the assignment and the assignment even…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. rwijtvliet@gmail.com

See title. Gives error message when trying to open a tab that is supposed to hold the recording of a meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base