Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sign out does not remove credentials

I sign out of Teams on Windows 10, close the application, kill Teams from the task manager.

Starting teams again remembers my password even though I signed out and have configured it to not automatically start and automatically login when I start my computer.

Sign out means sign out until I sign in again by entering my username and password.

How difficult is this to understand or fix?

I have a shared computer with other users and do not want to default to logging in as them into Teams or them default to logging in as me in Teams.

Why…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fido2 support on Linux

Teams Version 1.3.00.16851 (64-bit) on Ubuntu 20.04 has no support for FIDO2 authentication. Or it is somehow not working on my machine.

I always have to fallback to other authentication methods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View messages and receive incoming calls while not logged in

I use Teams for Linux (Ubuntu 18.04), and I never store the credentials in my computer so I have to log in whenever I want to use Teams. When I start Teams I am able to see briefly the last messages I received the day before, before it asks for my credentials. Furthermore, today I received an incoming call just when I started Teams, even before I logged into Teams (???).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. View messages and receive incoming calls while not logged in

I use Teams for Linux (Ubuntu 18.04), and I never store the credentials in my computer so I have to log in whenever I want to use Teams. When I start Teams I am able to see briefly the last messages I received the day before, before it asks for my credentials. Furthermore, today I received an incoming call just when I started Teams, even before I logged into Teams (???).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. teamsdemo.office.com non-responsive in Firefox

https://teamsdemo.office.com app is non-responsive in FireFox, and despite it working in Edge, I thought that I would report it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When I signed in with different account and organization there's no option to remove the accounts

Please I want to remove the account from my Ms. Team's (aspires systems) organization as in the attached picture. It Still exists I want to remove it.
    Please help.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. U cant block people

U cant block people

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams bug: When connected to a network without internet, several development options appear

Teams bug: When connected to a network without internet, several development options appear. É possível debugar várias opções e ver acessos de canais ocultos e bloqueados da Microsoft, como SlimCore@SpaceTest10 ou Spacetext3, after connecting to the internet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. audio/video is transmitting while reconnecting - no option to mute, no indicator

When a call drops, my colleagues consistently keep seeing and hearing me as if nothing happened - even though my screen shows the reconnecting symbol and no audio/video is displayed.

This is potentially misleading and a bad design choice, since there is no indication of one being recorded and no way to mute the microphone during reconnecting.
    Since my colleagues don't get notified that I am not receiving, they keep talking, more often than not expecting me to reply. After reconnecting a couple of seconds later I have to explain myself.

cause of drop out is probably a faulty connection…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug ortográfico

Cuando vas a silenciar el audio de un grupo desde el celular, tiene un bug ortográfico...dice “desactivar audo” en vez de “audio

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MS Teams and SharePoint member not sync on member deletion

Hi, We've deleted members from MS teams, however upon checking to SharePoint site, deleted user is still a member in SharePoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Phishing link is calling a specific version of the Microsoft authentication API in order to pass the session to a separate url

A phishing link a user received was utilizing a windows.net domain and calling a specific version of the authentication API in order to pass the valid session to a separate server (Not the end user who is trying to log in) When the person enters their credentials on the phishing page it appears to pass the valid session to a separate server rather than the end user. This is when attempting to authenticate via a web browser.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Phishing link is calling a specific version of the Microsoft authentication API in order to pass the session to a separate url

A phishing link a user received was utilizing a windows.net domain and calling a specific version of the authentication API in order to pass the valid session to a separate server (Not the end user who is trying to log in) When the person enters their credentials on the phishing page it appears to pass the valid session to a separate server rather than the end user. This is when attempting to authenticate via a web browser.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Delete Mute other Users Feature from the App

Hello.
    I ask You to please permanently delete the feature to let other users mute others. It goes against privacy; non only this: they can mute me, but I can't see who mutes me; it's a second privacy violation.
    Even in Universities, there are plenty of "students" not interested at all at lessons.
    Me, as a different student, gets muted by other students while asking questions to the professors, who, even as "oweners" of the "virtual class" , can't see this act of delinquence, because they get no notification of it (while I see it in a blue bar in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Admin&Owner now is a "GuestUserNotRedeemed" & Disappeared open invites

Very weird things going on since today:

1. I (= the owner) can not log in to the web app on any browser anymore (Safari, Firefox, Chrome on macOS). It gives me a "licenseError?errorCode=GuestUserNotRedeemed" which in German corresponds to the attached output.

2. I can not see open requests / invites anymore, it raises errors also. (See two more attachments.)

(macOS 10.14.6, tried to restart system and Teams app multiple times.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. خصوصية المدارس

أسماء الاولاد في البحث تطلع عندنا ف نحن نبأ تطلع أسماء بنات الصف أو بنات المدرسه هاي مشكله ثاني شي البنات يتصلون وايد و يمكن نحن نتحاسب ف نبأ بس الابله إلى تقدر تتصل و شكرا وايد إذا ساعدتونا

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Takes over system

I work with multiple clients and some client uses teams. When i login with their account their IT settings is applied to my account too which prevents me from performing multiple tasks. Thos should not happen. There has to be clear differentiation between system account and teams account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Permission inheritance

I notice child folder's permission has been stopped from inheriting from parent folder also inherits permission from parent folder when I add new user on parent folder. In normal physical file server that's
    not the case.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base