Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The app broke my account and cant por in

The app broke my account and cant log in and I can't do my quizez

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. What standard actions don't work via request control

We have request control enabled but I have found that some things don’t work. For instance I am unable to copy\paste a password into an application on controlled desktop, or the ability to install programs remotely, use the Windows search, etc.. I have been looking but cannot find a guide on what regular actions won’t work and do not see any granularity in Meeting Policies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Switching camera on different computer and tenant switched it on on another computer

I was participating in a meeting on tenant A on a Mac.

I then joined another meeting on a Windows 10 computer where I was signed in to tenant B. I had previously signed-in to tenant A on this computer several weeks earlier. I activated the camera.

To my horror, this also activated the camera on the Mac where I was signed in as a different account and a different tenant. I had not wanted the camera to come on in this meeting.

This was rather disconcerting that a different computer was able to bring the camera on on another.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I can only use Teams through a browser (MS Edge). No red box around shared MS application window is a security concern.

It should be made absolutely clear when an item is being shared. Lack of red box is a security threat that will discourage many from using teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pop Out chat ignores no Edits Teams policy

Showstopper security bug - we have Edits and Deletes disabled by policy (our archive vendor doesn't support it yet), but Pop Out chats ignore the Disable Edit policy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mark that needed sign in

Joining meeting 2 min before its start and now teams asks for password and sms from Microsoft.
    This takes time and I am late in meeting.

It is better to mark that sign in is required in advance.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Audio and Video continue after locking screen

When locking the screen both audio and video continue to transmit. This is a confidentiality concern for security.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Not always receiving 6 digit code for two-factor authentication text message

My phone only sometimes receives a code when teams says a message with a code had been sent to my phone, most of the time it does not. Have diagnosed issues on phone, phone signal coverage is decent. No option to resend code either

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tasks created can be deleted by anyone in the team...intentionally or unintentionally

Tasks created by the owner should not be allowed to be edited or deleted by users in the team...this makes it clear no-no to use team for task assignment

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Not able to remove my Profile Picture

I am not able to remove my Profile Picture

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Creating a private channel, information about register cards there will be posted in public channel

We created a private sub channel in a pulic main channel. When creating new register cards (in the private channel), we uncheck the checkbox which says "Post about this in channel". After creating the register card there is no information about this posted in the private channel, but in the public channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mobile Users are able to login with expired passwords by pressing "Cancel"

Mobile users on Android and IOS are able to sign back in to Teams with expired passwords. Can send and recieve messages etc by pressing "Cancel" or re-opening the App on/after the sign in prompt.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Touch ID

Hi Team,

I would strongly recommend to have Touch ID Authentication on Mobile app, like we have for MS Outlook.

Thanks,
    Shashi

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. No Setup for Face Recognition

When I first got this laptop, just a few weeks ago, and I started the setup, I chose the fingerprint sign in rather than the face. Now, I want to set up the face recognition, but there is no option for it. There is, however, a big red sign that says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." Does this have anything to do with it? Can I not sign in with fingerprint and face recognition at the same time? Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to wait for the next update?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The @ mention autocomplete in Teams channels is searching outside our organization. Looks like it might be global.

Individuals outside our organization are showing up in the autocomplete when we go to add an @ mention to a post.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Prompted For Password When Joined to Azure AD

Even when logged into a Windows 10 PC that is joined to an organizational Azure AD, MSTeams Still sometimes prompts me for my password. There is no reason for this. My credentials were entered when I logged into the mentioned PC. The OneDrive app and https://www.office.com (via Win 10 Edge) don't do that. Visual Studio doesn't ask for my password when I login to it either...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When setting a channel to "Only owners can post messages" any non-owners can still reply to posts in that Channel.

When you configure "only owners can post messages" this should extend to replies as well, effectively making certain channels read only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow user to override Microsoft ip reputation data on application layer before Azure AD

Please review the following post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteamstfb-msteamssignupin-msteams_subin/my-account-has-been-blocked-in-teams/ea98eb91-ac3c-4828-b40a-d420cd5356bc

Microsoft uses some third party low quality ip reputation provider (like MaxMind) and uses its data to block user on Azure AD layer (Malicious IP address https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/identity-protection/concept-identity-protection-risks). This absurd makes Microsoft Teams unusable from most popular providers like OVH, Hentzner, etc ip ranges (many ip addresses from their ranges persists in MaxMind fraud databases).

Please review Google and Amazon solutions: Microsoft can allow user to whitelist his ip addresses, so it won't be treated as suspicious on Microsoft layer (before Azure AD). Please don't try to response with "contact your Azure…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. User "Log off" keeps credentials stored, Security Problem with shared user accounts / devices

Using Teams with Android or desktop version on a public client like "meeting room computer", no personalized user account.
    After Teams log off (Options: log out) no password is asked, credentials are stored locally. If you can guess the username like firstname.lastname its easy to gain access to their data, when this person has used Teams on this public machine before.

This problem has been adressed a while ago, the known workarounds like deleting the local %user% app cache doesn´t work anymore.

Another option, disable client via azure admin is the wrong way.

The easiest solution would be an option…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base