Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There is a way to make a private chat even though you have turned off the setting to allow private chat at the admin center.

There is a way to make a private chat even though you have turned off the setting to allow private chat at the admin center.
    ( "Allow users to chat privately")

Click on the user name in the team and click the chat icon in the displayed dialog.
    Then private chat will be started.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The @ mention autocomplete in Teams channels is searching outside our organization. Looks like it might be global.

Individuals outside our organization are showing up in the autocomplete when we go to add an @ mention to a post.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No Setup for Face Recognition

When I first got this laptop, just a few weeks ago, and I started the setup, I chose the fingerprint sign in rather than the face. Now, I want to set up the face recognition, but there is no option for it. There is, however, a big red sign that says "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." Does this have anything to do with it? Can I not sign in with fingerprint and face recognition at the same time? Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to wait for the next update?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. External Suggestions

When typing in a suggested user @tag it recommends e-mail addresses outside of the Teams platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Prompted For Password When Joined to Azure AD

Even when logged into a Windows 10 PC that is joined to an organizational Azure AD, MSTeams Still sometimes prompts me for my password. There is no reason for this. My credentials were entered when I logged into the mentioned PC. The OneDrive app and https://www.office.com (via Win 10 Edge) don't do that. Visual Studio doesn't ask for my password when I login to it either...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microsoft Teams CVE-2019–5922 DLL Loading Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

Does anyone have any insight into this security vulnerability? Is there a fix that Teams subscribers can expect soon?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Swapping between accounts meant that one account had all the rights of the previous account

I use two accounts for Teams - one that is my own work account (only a member of any teams that I need access to on a day-to-day basis) and another that is used by the whole department as a service account (which is an owner of every team that has been created).

Using the desktop app, I signed out from the department service account and into my own, but had Owner level access to all the teams in the business. Any changes that I made (to teams that my account wasn't even a member of) were made successfully, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. sign out of your other accounts

Unable to sign in to Admin account of Teams (Free). Endless loop of seeing this message when trying to sign in and clicking "Sign out" button.
    "To start using Teams with myemailaddress@outlook.com, sign out of your other accounts".

When I try this in InPrivate mode on Edge it goes into an endless loop with the url "https://teams.microsoft.com/go#" and eventually goes back to the sign in page.

I normally disable 3rd Party cookies but disabled this setting and the problem still occurs.

When trying to sign into the Teams account for business (using work email) this shows I'm…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Waking W10 from sleep mode (Automatic time sync OFF) time synch automatic with time server.

Fix it because it only keeps time until next sleep mode and after
    setting my time (+5min) the internet connection cuts off for seconds. Very annoying setting the time daily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Waking W10 from sleep mode (Automatic time sync OFF) time synch automatic with time server.

Fix it because it only keeps time until next sleep mode and after
    setting my time (+5min) the internet connection cuts off for seconds. Very annoying setting the time daily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In the class function of Teams

When a user is assigned to a class, he still has the possibility to go to the planner and at the planner remove himself from the plan. After that he is removed from group, what leads to a bug. When the user goes back to Teams. He is still in the class but he can not see the assignments. When he clicks on a assignments, he gets the error Something went wrong, even if you go directly to the assignments it says the class is still being installed. When going to the files it says you don t have any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.