Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft Teams sends voice email messages which fail SPF checks

Whenever you call someone in Microsoft Teams and they do not get your call, you can leave them a voice message in the app.

Teams will then send an email message to the recipient's mailbox with the voice message information, the transcription and an attached audio file. Teams will also send it from the caller's email address (e.g. From: John.Doe@example.com).

These email messages are sent in such a way that an Exchange Transport Rule like the one attached in the PNG file will flag them unexpectedly, because they seem to be sent from IP address(es) not included in the…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug in Microsoft Teams Screen Sharing feature

Bug in Microsoft Screen Sharing feature while attending a meeting, allows everyone in the team to share the screen even when the host has opted for the invite-only option.

You can check the below file for the whole explanation of the bug

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kicked out of Teams meeting immediately when KMSI period expires

In the middle of a meeting, when the keep me signed in token expires, we get kicked out of the meeting immediately. This is very disruptive, especially when presenting. There should be a grace mechanism to allow the meeting session to finish before forcing re-authentication. We are using Azure AD connect with a 14 day expiration for KMSI.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There is a way to make a private chat even though you have turned off the setting to allow private chat at the admin center.

There is a way to make a private chat even though you have turned off the setting to allow private chat at the admin center.
    ( "Allow users to chat privately")

Click on the user name in the team and click the chat icon in the displayed dialog.
    Then private chat will be started.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Deletion policy not completely clearing chat history

With regard to Retention/Deletion Policies:

We noticed that we can now set a "Deletion" policy for Teams Chats which says to delete any conversation older than 24 hours. We've implemented this policy and we'd like to share a couple of observations...

1.) It took about two weeks for the "desktop" Teams Clients to start scrubbing their chat histories.

2.) The "desktop" Teams Client is not consistently adhering to the deletion rule. For example: Mostly all chat history was cleared, but in a few cases parts of several conversations remain visible from activity which took place over 2-10 days ago.

3.)…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Message Previews

I cannot find where I can change the "Message Preview" when I get a new chat comment. I do not want to see a preview of what is being sent to me every time I receive a new message. How can I change this? I've tried everything.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When the window is minimized, everyone can use the screen sharing function, and we can give the screen sharing privilege to other users.

I've written the reproduction procedure in the attachment. (In English)

I use a translation software because my English is not good enough.

English(英語)
    Summary
    I found a bug in Microsoft Teams' conferencing feature.

Even if our role in a Microsoft Teams meeting is "Attendee" we are still in the screen Sharing is possible. In addition, you can grant screen sharing permission to other users who are participating in the same meeting.
    Steps to Reproduce
    When an "attendee" minimizes the window during a Teams meeting, a simple window appears in the bottom right corner of the screen do. It's a normal…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Microsoft Accounts Cannot Disconnect Deactivated Samsung Accounts

I would like to report a glitch that compromises the security of my Microsoft account by preventing me from disconnecting it from my old Samsung account. It is important to note that the Samsung account I am trying to disconnect is one I have permanently deactivated. Because of this issue now I am unable to link my new active Samsung account. It seems that Microsoft algorithms somehow do not recognize a deactivated Samsung account and therefore cannot disconnect it. This issue is affecting several other clients too who have been complaining about it on Microsoft Community. I have tried different…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Members and Guests

I am the owner of a Team and I invited 24 'members'. It now says '28 members and guests' and I can only see the original 24 members. I di not invite anyone else!

Has someone hacked in? Can an administrator do this to keep an eye on the Team?.

How come I can not see these 4 extra members/guests as the owner?

Can something be done about this please?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams administrator can't provide access to Private Channels

A Teams Private Channel has been created by a user that is no longer with the company, and the user account has been deleted from the directory. The Teams Administrator cannot make a new user the Owner of the Private Channel. Only an Owner of of the Private Channel can make someone an owner. If there are no Owners left of the Private Channel then we have no way of modifying membership.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Misleading sharing option "Company" when sharing Teams recoded session (using Streams)

A user can record & share Teams sessions using MS Streams.
    When sharing the video, there is an option to "Allow everyone on your company to view this video".

This is highly misleading description. In fact when selecting this, the video is shared with everybody that has an E1+ account in the tenant.
    The assumption that this is "the company" is a pure assumption on Microsoft's part. In our case (multi national group) people believe this is "my company" (ACME Inc) when in fact this ACME SA, ACME GmbH and ACME Ltd. Furthermore this includes all partners (e.g. contractors) that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cannot delete an individual chat in Teams. This is a huge oversight in design, and poses security concerns.

Have capability to delete individual teams chat conversations. How was this overlooked?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Filter Pane Visible while viewing Power BI Report in Microsoft Teams channel

I have disabled the settings in filtering experience and shut the eye icon to hide the filter pane from the end-users.

I have observed that this works fine in Power BI Service but when viewing the report in Microsoft Teams,

I can see the filter pane with the message "There aren't any filters to display."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. sign out of your other accounts

Unable to sign in to Admin account of Teams (Free). Endless loop of seeing this message when trying to sign in and clicking "Sign out" button.
    "To start using Teams with myemailaddress@outlook.com, sign out of your other accounts".

When I try this in InPrivate mode on Edge it goes into an endless loop with the url "https://teams.microsoft.com/go#" and eventually goes back to the sign in page.

I normally disable 3rd Party cookies but disabled this setting and the problem still occurs.

When trying to sign into the Teams account for business (using work email) this shows I'm…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Random person removes participants

Kindly add a feature where it shows who removed us from a meeting, or restrict it to the host of the meeting. It is sheer disappointment when some random person removes us and we are unable to identify him/her! The issue is raised time and again, it's high time Microsoft Teams should do something to fix it. It only leads to people disliking the application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Filter Pane Visible while viewing Power BI Report in Microsoft Teams channel

I have disabled the settings in filtering experience and shut the eye icon to hide the filter pane from the end-users.

I have observed that this works fine in Power BI Service but when viewing the report in Microsoft Teams,

I can see the filter pane with the message "There aren't any filters to display."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Impossible to disable SharePoint/OneDrive when Teams enabled

Within our organisation we need to disable some users from access to SharePoint/OneDrive. However it appears that we are unable to have Teams enabled for our business users without also having OneDrive/SharePoint accessible. The work around (so those individuals can still use Teams for call, chat, video etc) would be for them to use a personal account with Teams, however, when needing to meet a business environment this is not appropriate and inadequate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Not able to change my Status on Teams. It keeps switching it to away by itself

Switching from Skype to Teams should be improvement.
    But unfortunately Teams limited the user ability to control the settings.
    I don't want anyone to see that I am working on the second computer, but Teams always show that.!!!
    It shows me away only few minutes after and I can't stop having phone calls and messages due to that stupid idea of letting the app control me...
    It's really annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hide the phone number of a person calling who join by phone when in meeting for privacy concern

If a person join a meeting by calling the number, their number appears on the screen, for privacy reason would be better if there is a way to hide or disable that option .. either administrator or team organizer can do it .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base