Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. status not changing during off hours

it should be great if the status changes automatically during quite hours or after hours of my shift during weekdays

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'm shown as available even when I'm disconnected.

I've been sent messages while I was disconnected from Teams, saying that I was shown as available, even when my computer wasn't even on. One or two weeks ago I downloaded the Teams App for Android, but three days later I uninstalled it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. While taking team lecture any one can remove anyone

While taking a team lecture any participant can remove any other participant ant this create a non serious interference in lecture
    Some disturbing elements mis use this activity so only organiser should have authority to interfere in activities like this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Dear team we are not able to see more than four people in team app at the of video conference

Dear team we are not able to see more than four people in team app at the of video conference

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Duration

If I set the Duration of my Presence on a specific state for a specific period of time, it should stay for the period I set, but at the moment the function doesn’t work.
    After 5 minutes my personal status changes everytime to “Away”. This is never happened in Skype for Business..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Network change does not update the status for list of members

Network change does not update the status for list of members. Every showing as offline.
    Found issue in Windows 10 version of laptop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Status not getting updated after setting out of office in outlook

When you set out of office in outlook, it reflects the out of office message in teams but staus gets appended with current state , say for example Available is showing as current state, once I set out of office, it shows Available, Out of office

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. status goes to away when i stop typing to read, and then after it says i'm away, i will start typing and doing work, and still shows me in

My current status goes to away when i stop typing to read, and then after it says i'm away, i will start typing and doing work, and it still shows me as away and won't update until i open up the teams chat window and click into chatting someone, not useful, as i would like to show to my colleagues that I am available, with skype we had options to change status settings and timers, with teams we don't.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Status message custom time couldn't set PM time for Chinese/Mandarin interface

After setting up custom time as PM for status message and save, the time will automatically become AM time.
    This happens on Chinese(China) / Chinese(Taiwan) / Chinese(Singapore), both desktop client and web interface.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Status updates itself and this feature should be decided by the user, not teams

The user should be able to decide either
    He wishes to appear as free, out of office, or just away . The status should not be decided ..most of the times wrongly.. by teams app and "sync" .

It is not helpful to have it all decided for you and to be offline or away while writing emails .. just because meanwhile, you forgot to cancel the "out of office meeting ".

There are not many features user friendly..where you can choose your style.
    I am actually comparing it to the Samsung style of designing a phone -many features, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Outlook presence does not stay synced

Presence from Outlook does not stay synced after I close Teams. Need to go to Settings to update every time I open the app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Phone number creation in Teams Admin not allowing selection of location

When attempting to create new phone numbers of any type a location field is required. A new location can be created here and is displayed in Emergency locations. This location does not display on drop down nor search so the wizard can not complete with out the location field filled in. Confirmed by MS support ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot remove or change profile picture in Teams (free version)

We are unable to remove or change profile pictures in MS Teams (free account), when clicking Remove Picture the picture disappears and goes back to the default initials, but when Saving a red error message appears: "There was a problem with saving the photo. Please try again." And the profile picture stays the same.

This bug has been the same for at least the last 5 days, and others in my company also have the same problem. This also cannot be changed in the web version or the mobile app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Last seen status for offline user is needed

Last seen status is needed even user is offline. We Should see the time stamp. So we can wait for him based on his time zone. Was there this feature in Skype for Business.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. User presence doesn't show up in outlook. It shows as (From address book) when we hover over user's presence while typing a new email.

User presence doesn't show up in outlook. It shows as (From address book) when we hover over user's presence while typing a new email.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. presence taken over by teams doesnt fall back after switching back user

When a user is signed in to Guest access and then switches back, the Setting "Register Teams as the chat app for office", remains checked.
    Meaning the inband provisioning doesnt happen when we switch back to original Domain.

This is a known issue as when I switch over to Guest account, it detects the settings and enables it. But when I switch back, it doesnt want to take out the settings and keeps it intact causing the Presence issue in my Outlook.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. What is going on with new arrangement of views?

What is going on with new arrangement of views? Now they flit all over the screen when going from chat and out again. Zoom the excessive sidebar of people smaller, and then the chat is tiny too. Is teams for adults of childeren? Why does it have to change? Its not even aligned to other microsoft products, why does the window open up in a defined size each time? Why does it not remember my last setting, last time I had a chat? Please pick a layout, and stick with it. (not this one) Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. User presence or status is unknown

User status on Teams unknown - Users presence is showing with WHITE DOTS meaning Unknown state. Need explanation or suggestion on how to retrieve active status of the person without logging out/in to the machine

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Duration stops working on the Windows client

The duration stops working and just switches to away, even when set. Others have found that you can delete the contents of the Teams folder to resolve the issue. This worked for me, however, after a while, it stops working again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Duration not working

Duration breaks periodically on Windows

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)