Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Browser minimizes when someone starts screen sharing in a meeting

I have a multi-monitor set-up, and today I noticed the following started happening:
    Monitor 1 - Meeting is open full screen
    Monitor 2 - Teams app is open full screen
    Monitor 3 - Chrome is open full screen

I am working on something in the browser on monitor 3 when someone starts a screenshare on monitor 1 and my browser suddenly minimizes. Alternatively, if I'm on monitor 2 and a screen share starts on monitor 1, then the focus is moved (Teams doesn't minimize).

This is obviously annoying as a user, but it's also disruptive since I can be in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calls drop constantly, Teams is the WORST

Calls drop even in stable networks. Notifications delay or never show. I truly hate that Honeywell has migrated to this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Restrict Meeting invites in moderated channels to moderators

In a moderated channels the ability to set up a new meeting should be restricted to moderators. Users can accidentally put meetings into moderated channels with hundrets of users, disrupting their work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. While presenting I was removed from the meeting.

Please don't provide the option of removing other members from a meeting to the participants except the organizer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Outlook "End Meetings Early" setting is completely ignored when using the "New Teams Meeting" add-in

Last year the Outlook team delivered a new feature called "End Meetings Early." The Teams add-in to Outlook completely ignores this setting. I would like to see this fixed, and closer coordination between product teams at Microsoft.

See https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows/suggestions/13137501-customize-default-meeting-time-in-calendar-or-opti

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator message when external user is first to join meeting

This appears to be a reproducible problem with one tenant, at least. If an external user is the first to join a meeting and is in the lobby, when the meeting organiser joins, everyone else gets this message and cannot use video. If the attendees drop off and re-join, video works.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Microphone turns on by itself

During the video chat microphone turned on despite beeing muted. Microphone had muted sign in my web client, however other users saw it as unmuted. When the host of meeting muted me i stopped hearing him. After me unmuting and muting it went back to normal (Web Client). After some period of time we started to hear one of our collegues (Desktop Client). simillary to my situation he had muted mice on his side, but we saw it unmuted. After restart of application it went back to normal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Students can remove or mute other members which is totally annoying! Only organizer should be able to!

Students can remove or mute other members which is totally annoying! Only organizer should be able to!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Max number people in lobby is 50 only

please, nowhere is mentioned Teams lobby capacity. Yesterday I met error when number rise to 50 people. No one else can enter the lobby.
    It was error or it is so?
    (it is error, in my oppinion)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Other than the organizer, none should be a presenter by default since the presenter have the right to remove or mute the others

The feature of removing people from a conversation and muting is in general misused by people specially by the students for fun so by default only the organizer should be the presenter and rest others should be attendees and in case the organizer wants someone to present something then they can do so manually

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Join Teams Meeting opens in web browser not in Teams app

When I have a meeting coming up on my Outlook calendar, I get a notification about it and I click on the button "Join Teams meeting" to join the meeting. This always directs me to a link in the web browser and then its this page that detects I have a Teams app and asks if I want to join the meeting from the app. Please can you make it such that I can automatically join the meeting on the app and skip the extra clicks on the web page each time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Android screen blank during screenshare

When I am on a meeting with my phone and someone is sharing their screen, and I try to interact with the UI (to zoom in, go to chat, unmute myself, etc), the screen goes black and does not respond to input. It flickers back, but this continues, making the app nearly unusable.

The behavior seems similar to hitting the sleep button, though that fades out. In this case it is a hard transition off and on.

This is my first meeting since I installed an OS update Android kernel version 4.9.112-17315177 (nov 27) on a Galaxy S9. I was…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams live meeting cannot be ended

I have a Teams Live meeting that I cannot end.
    Error: "failed to execute "End" command".
    The meeting is still on-going 2 days later, despite being a Live meeting that is supposed to stop after maximum 4 hours!

As a result, it is impossible for me as a producer to download the recording and the engagement report, I totally lost the recording of this event which was supposed to be made available for more people.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SRS/MTR room systems on-screen keyboard does not appear in Teams meetings

The specifics are related to SRS/MTR room systems.

When one sets up the SAS Lenovo Hub 500 to use SfB and Teams (SfB as default) the on-screen keyboard does not ever appear for starting a new meeting or adding participants in a Teams meeting. The keyboard does appear correctly in SfB meetings.

When one sets the Hub 500 to default to Teams the keyboard did not work either.

The software version is 4.0.85.0

The windows version is 10.0.16299.431

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Attendance reports don't include attendees email addresses

The registration report includes registrants' email address, but the attendance report after the meeting/webinar omits the email addresses. The data exists and should be included in the attendance reports; it is important data for tracking attendance.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cannot connect to Microsoft Teams meeting add-on for Google Workspace

I cannot connect to the Microsoft Teams meeting add-on for Google Workspace as of morning on 29/06/21 (BST). Upon attemted login though the add on, it fails. This seems to be an issue for multiple users as can be seen on the google marketplace listing for the add on. I have checked within the admin area of the azure portal and it does not seem to exist as an application within here. Could this be the issue that it has been removed from here? We use this application to add all VC meetings across our company so need it fixed…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. attendance list for wrong date in recurring meeting

I have a standing series of Teams meeting that happens every Friday. I set up a recurring Teams meeting in Outlook. When I open a specific instance of the series from the past, for instance, the meeting on 4/9/21, and download the attendance list the list is for another date. It is for the first meeting in the series. Its like it recorded the attendance for the first meeting in the series and now all recurrences of the meeting do not get their own attendance list.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shortlink / ID for Meetings

Link for joining a meeting are long and contains special chracters.
    This create conflicts with some anti-spam filter or even worse some calendar Apps.

It is also hard :
    - Quickly give a meeting ID to the end-user
    - Quickly check if the link is broken or not
    - Quickly get to work rather than diagnosing connection problem

Solution Suggested:
    - Allow Admin to turn on "Short link" or "Human-readeable Meeting ID"

This will provide :
    - Short-links for every meeting rather than the long one
    - Generated automatically

Another improvement would be
    - ID as list of numbers /…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. meeting attendance list is lacking breakout room data

during my teaching I use break out rooms for group assignments.
    When downloading the meeting attendance list the only registrations are for accessing and leaving the primary meeting , which the students leave upon accessing the breakout room.
    I have then no idea of the students activity while in the breakout room.
    Preferably the meeting attendance list also contains accessing and leaving the breakout room, preferably in a separate sheet in the downloaded meeting attendance list.

regards
    Christian

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base