Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Max number people in lobby is 50 only

please, nowhere is mentioned Teams lobby capacity. Yesterday I met error when number rise to 50 people. No one else can enter the lobby.
    It was error or it is so?
    (it is error, in my oppinion)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Other than the organizer, none should be a presenter by default since the presenter have the right to remove or mute the others

The feature of removing people from a conversation and muting is in general misused by people specially by the students for fun so by default only the organizer should be the presenter and rest others should be attendees and in case the organizer wants someone to present something then they can do so manually

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Join Teams Meeting opens in web browser not in Teams app

When I have a meeting coming up on my Outlook calendar, I get a notification about it and I click on the button "Join Teams meeting" to join the meeting. This always directs me to a link in the web browser and then its this page that detects I have a Teams app and asks if I want to join the meeting from the app. Please can you make it such that I can automatically join the meeting on the app and skip the extra clicks on the web page each time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Android screen blank during screenshare

When I am on a meeting with my phone and someone is sharing their screen, and I try to interact with the UI (to zoom in, go to chat, unmute myself, etc), the screen goes black and does not respond to input. It flickers back, but this continues, making the app nearly unusable.

The behavior seems similar to hitting the sleep button, though that fades out. In this case it is a hard transition off and on.

This is my first meeting since I installed an OS update Android kernel version 4.9.112-17315177 (nov 27) on a Galaxy S9. I was…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams live meeting cannot be ended

I have a Teams Live meeting that I cannot end.
    Error: "failed to execute "End" command".
    The meeting is still on-going 2 days later, despite being a Live meeting that is supposed to stop after maximum 4 hours!

As a result, it is impossible for me as a producer to download the recording and the engagement report, I totally lost the recording of this event which was supposed to be made available for more people.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Logitech webcam's zoom is reset

The zoom level set in logitech software gets reset every now and then. Mostly right after you join a meeting, sometimes at random times during the meeting. We have tested this on multiple computers and logitech cameras, only webcams from the c2xx series work properly, c5xx and c9xx reset their zoom level.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SRS/MTR room systems on-screen keyboard does not appear in Teams meetings

The specifics are related to SRS/MTR room systems.

When one sets up the SAS Lenovo Hub 500 to use SfB and Teams (SfB as default) the on-screen keyboard does not ever appear for starting a new meeting or adding participants in a Teams meeting. The keyboard does appear correctly in SfB meetings.

When one sets the Hub 500 to default to Teams the keyboard did not work either.

The software version is 4.0.85.0

The windows version is 10.0.16299.431

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shortlink / ID for Meetings

Link for joining a meeting are long and contains special chracters.
    This create conflicts with some anti-spam filter or even worse some calendar Apps.

It is also hard :
    - Quickly give a meeting ID to the end-user
    - Quickly check if the link is broken or not
    - Quickly get to work rather than diagnosing connection problem

Solution Suggested:
    - Allow Admin to turn on "Short link" or "Human-readeable Meeting ID"

This will provide :
    - Short-links for every meeting rather than the long one
    - Generated automatically

Another improvement would be
    - ID as list of numbers /…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. mute all button not appearing

The mute all button isn't appearing when in a Teams meeting when you are the sole presenter. It will only show up when another presenter joins.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams Breakout Rooms - Not allowing participants to share content.

I am using the private preview for Virtual Breakout rooms in Teams and someone on the Microsoft answers thought this might be a bug and asked me to let you know. In my research for breakout rooms in Teams I read that once in a breakout room, participants are switched to presenter mode where they can share a screen or whiteboard. We did a test this morning and found that this is not the case. In the room, participants were not allowed to share anything (the share button was grayed out).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notification when someone joins or leaves a meeting

When having a meeting, if someone leaves or joins you dont get a notification (e.g. a sound). This is very annoying. Imagine giving a presentation and someone drops out of the call due to comms issues and then a few minutes later rejoins and then asks you yo rewind backto where they dropped out. Circuit has this feature so why not Teams? Same issue for people joining especially if its an external party joining late. Please add this basic feature to teams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Call drops unexpectedly

I updated my team's app yesterday and since then, whenever someone shares their presentation/screen the meeting ends abruptly inspite of a good network connectivity...
    I am facing the same issue in all my meetings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Joining Meeting via a direct URL sends everyone to separate "Meeting Now" rooms

When joining a meeting via the meeting's URL, all participants are sent to separate meeting rooms, all titled "Meeting Now" instead of the actual saved meeting's title. Joining the same meeting from the Outlook calendar link sends everyone to the correct meeting room. We need to be able to share the links directly and NOT via Outlook. Please look into this as soon as possible! Version 1.3.00.19173 64-bit

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Do not switch between multiple Teams accounts without signing out

I have 4 accounts to create Teams Meetings and I can't use them unless I sign out of Teams if I want to create a new meeting from a different account.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Q&A report on the LIve events to include amount of "Likes"

The Q&A report is very very rudimentary and it's often the material that leaders and C level people would be interested in.
    We need to have the amount of Likes in there too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Problem in joining meetings

After updating the app, I am not able to join any meeting. After pressing the join button, it shows that getting details... and then it says "The meeting hasn't started yet. Please try again shortly" whereas the meeting has already started. Due to this reason, I am unable to join any meeting.On the other hand, the people who didn't update the app can join easily. I guess there is a glitch in the update which is resisting us from joining meetings. So please look into this matter and fix it as soon as possible because it is very serious. I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Control bar will not auto hide during meeting if a notification is at the top of the window

During a meeting, the control bar isn't auto-hiding if a message is displayed at the top of the screen. My organization regularly records meetings, and a notification is displayed unobtrusively at the top of the screen. While the notification is there and not cleared, the control bar will not clear after a few seconds, but stays present indefinitely. (The frustrating placement and persistence of the control bar is another story, as there is zero reason to display it over top of the meeting content!)

Suggesting that the control bar should auto-hide after a short delay even with a notification present…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Attendance reports are downloading as blank documents.

Attendance reports are being downloaded as blank documents. This does not happen all the time but it does happen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Outlook "End Meetings Early" setting is completely ignored when using the "New Teams Meeting" add-in

Last year the Outlook team delivered a new feature called "End Meetings Early." The Teams add-in to Outlook completely ignores this setting. I would like to see this fixed, and closer coordination between product teams at Microsoft.

See https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows/suggestions/13137501-customize-default-meeting-time-in-calendar-or-opti

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. cancelled meeting, link still active, but I'm no longer the organizer

I cancelled a teams meeting in hopes that it would deactivate the meeting link, but the link is still active, and now I have no controls on the settings

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base