Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When users click to Start recording during a meeting, the recording disclaimer doesn't appear immediately

When users click to Start recording during a meeting, the recording disclaimer doesn't appear immediately. As a result of this behavior, people attending a meeting do not know if the recording has actually started when they start the recording or if they need to wait. We have had users in our organization ask about this and in some cases, users have mistakenly started presenting too soon to later find out that their voice was cut off at the start of the meeting.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. People waiting in lobby notification

Pop up to notify people waiting in lobby - can this please pop up in the corner instead of the middle of screen? It will block the presentation, doesn't matter for how many seconds. It distracts the not only the audience but also the presenters, and sometimes it takes long to clear.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Live Events - Include system audio automatically turned off when switching screens

In Teams Live Events, when one of the presenters shares content that includes audio, they will turn on the option include system/computer audio. I have experienced at multiple occasions that this option automatically turned off (which was not intended) and this appears to have been caused by switching active applications (e.g. move from powerpoint to a webbrowser showing Menti.com and then switching back to the powerpoint) via the ALT+TAB key combination.

Just to be complete the person did NOT stop sharing and re-share, the person shared it's desktop and switched applications via ALT+TAB that seems to have caused this option…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enter full screen option is missing

While in a meeting , in either case if someone is presenting / or we are presenting , 'Enter full screen' option is not available.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Auditorium Mode only works for first user joining Live Event

When using Teams Live Events the Auditorim Mode can only be enabled by the first user. Once the second or subsequent Presenter or Producer joins the Auditorium mode cannot be used by anyone.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Blank Attendance List downloaded during a Meeting

There are two issues, first the organiser roles (End meeting option) are not shown on rejoining the meeting after a call drop.
    Secondly, the meeting attendance report (. Csv file) is always blank, even when there are 50 members in the meeting.

Kindly Resolve these issues.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Screen Sharing from a second device

Since updating to Teams Version 1.3.00.8663, our Maths department is having a hard time running their classes through Teams for both at home and on site students.

Their Scenario:
    Two devices signed in as the same user in the same Teams Meeting.
    1st Device (MacBook Air) projecting to the board for the students who are physically in the room.
    2nd Device (iPad) presenting in the Teams Meeting so the teacher can write and draw.

Expected Behaviour:
    2nd device would present in the meeting and be shown on the 1st device, allowing the presentation to be projected. This worked before the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Meeting Notes Access Broken

Meeting Notes are not functional for any purpose until the following bugs are fixed:
    - New invitees can see past notes
    - Notes can be viewed or shared outside the meeting attendees
    - Pages can be added, not just sections
    - Meeting Note "books" can be searched for across all meetings
    - Search within a Meeting Note "book" and/or page is present
    - Access remains available once created, regardless of the number of individuals eventually added to the meeting. Specifically, don't permanently hide the notes if a 21st person is ever added to the meeting.

The easiest solution would seem…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove from meeting option misused

In this MS teams app the remove from meeting was misused by any of the participants. Kindly give update regarding the same.

Suggestion : make changes so that only organiser can remove any participant in meeting.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow custom URL for AutoDiscover in Exchange Hybrid model

When having an Exchange Hybrid infrastructure, the Calendar in Teams only show up in the Team app for users with an on-premises mailbox if the AutoDiscover URL is published on the Internet (https://autodiscover.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc or https://domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc).

However in some contexts, AutoDiscover DNS record is not published on the Internet because of some security constraints. This is not an issue for Exchange Hybrid because it is possible to specify a custom AutoDiscover URL (for example https://mail.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.svc) for the on-premises environment with the parameter TargetAutodiscoverEpr in the Organizational Relationship between Exchange Online and Exchange OnPrem.

There is no such way…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to call extensions using conferencing call

When I use the keypad to dial an extension number in a conference call, it doesn't work. Seems Teams Meeting will not send DTMF to PSTN?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Browser minimizes when someone starts screen sharing in a meeting

I have a multi-monitor set-up, and today I noticed the following started happening:
    Monitor 1 - Meeting is open full screen
    Monitor 2 - Teams app is open full screen
    Monitor 3 - Chrome is open full screen

I am working on something in the browser on monitor 3 when someone starts a screenshare on monitor 1 and my browser suddenly minimizes. Alternatively, if I'm on monitor 2 and a screen share starts on monitor 1, then the focus is moved (Teams doesn't minimize).

This is obviously annoying as a user, but it's also disruptive since I can be in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Calls drop constantly, Teams is the WORST

Calls drop even in stable networks. Notifications delay or never show. I truly hate that Honeywell has migrated to this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restrict Meeting invites in moderated channels to moderators

In a moderated channels the ability to set up a new meeting should be restricted to moderators. Users can accidentally put meetings into moderated channels with hundrets of users, disrupting their work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. While presenting I was removed from the meeting.

Please don't provide the option of removing other members from a meeting to the participants except the organizer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Video Sharing is Disabled by the Administrator message when external user is first to join meeting

This appears to be a reproducible problem with one tenant, at least. If an external user is the first to join a meeting and is in the lobby, when the meeting organiser joins, everyone else gets this message and cannot use video. If the attendees drop off and re-join, video works.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microphone turns on by itself

During the video chat microphone turned on despite beeing muted. Microphone had muted sign in my web client, however other users saw it as unmuted. When the host of meeting muted me i stopped hearing him. After me unmuting and muting it went back to normal (Web Client). After some period of time we started to hear one of our collegues (Desktop Client). simillary to my situation he had muted mice on his side, but we saw it unmuted. After restart of application it went back to normal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Students can remove or mute other members which is totally annoying! Only organizer should be able to!

Students can remove or mute other members which is totally annoying! Only organizer should be able to!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base