Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shared content is randomly not recorded in meeting recording

When you share a window or the entire screen, everyone in the meeting can see it. However, it happens that the recording will not include the shared window. This seems to occur entirely randomly. It is not predictable and it is clearly a bug. The recording should show what people sees during the live meeting.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Linux Client 1.4.00.4855: Meeting-URLS broken

In the latest version, meeting-urls don't work anymore.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New meeting experience is not available for many users

Some users in our firm do not have the option to check the new meeting experience

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot control shared VMWare window

When running VMWare Workstation and sharing the screen over Teams, another participant with control can’t interact with the VMWare window.

May be related so similar issues logged about remote control of RDP windows:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/37138228-after-sharing-my-screen-and-give-control-to-other

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/35106946-failed-to-click-on-the-remote-client-during-a-shar

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unable to join the video call in group on Mobile App Android

Unable to join the video call in group on Mobile App Android myself. There is no "Join" button above the chat at all. I am the only one have to wait for the admin to give me a video call to accept, so that I can go in.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Meeting Notes are missing

I love the Meeting Notes feature. However it is missing from some of my meetings and I have not been able to find out why or how to add it to those meetings. I thought it may of been a feature that was added after some of my existing meeting invites. So I resent them, however still do not have that feature on those meetings. I haven't done anything different on these from the others which do have Meeting Notes in them.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams Outlook invite "Logo URL" not rendering

After adding a Logo URL to the Teams meeting settings, the URL itself is displayed in the Outlook meeting. It does not render the actual logo.

I've made changes to the URL twice to ensure the size is within limits (188x30px max) and that it was a .jpg file. Still only the URL shows.

Using the same accessible URLs in Skype meeting settings works properly.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams Channel meetings not offering poll functionality

Recently, the new polling feature has been introduce in Teams meetings where MS Forms is added as app to a meeting. Is this feature limited to "normal" Teams meetings only? I am not able to make this work for "Channel meetings".

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Windows opened after the start of the meeting cannot be shared.

Windows opened after the start of the meeting cannot be shared. The workaround is to share the entire desktop and magnify the window you are trying to share.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams Recording Full Screen Not Available

Skype had this features, but Teams lacks it in meetings. We have reverted back to Skype for these type of meetings due to the lack of clean recording in Teams. Here's the issue:

When a presenter is on video and everyone else is an attendee, we Pin the presenter's video to be full screen. We then have someone record the meeting so we can share with others later. When recorded, the meeting shows a four-square grid of the presenter and three other random people. We want the recording to show whatever is pinned or the presentation. Do not have the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enter full screen

While in a meeting , in either case if someone is presenting / or we are presenting , 'Enter full screen' option is not available.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to Mute / Unmute through Bluetooth headset

During a meeting, the controls from Bluetooth headset doesn't work properly.
    Expected Behaviour : The controls are expected to Mute / Unmute the ongoing meeting. The highlighted button during a call / meeting is Mute / Unmute which should be triggered when the corresponding control on the bluetooth headset is pressed. It works with other apps such as audio players wherein the highlighted function is Pause / Unpause.

Actual Experience : Teams switch the audio output to Device instead of Unmute / Mute function. Further pressing the button has no effect and the output stays set to Device. The user…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mimecast breaks Teams meeting invites

When I receive a teams invite from an external source, our exchange emails run through mimecast, so the invite url will be replaced by soemthing like https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/NHIuIN34fgsd?domain=teams.microsoft.com

That in turn breaks the ability to join the meeting from the Teams' Calendar. I can click join from there, but it will be stuck on Connecting and never work.

The workaround is to go into outlook, open the link in the browser, so it resolves to the real link and then open the local client. That sucks ;)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Meeting options" opens in browser under wrong organization.

I had the web app open in one organization (lets say OrgA). In the desktop (Linux) app, I was in another organization (OrgB). Within a meeting in the desktop app, I clicked the "Meeting Options" link. This caused the web browser to open a tab (why?), which then promptly failed with an error message because it attempted to find the meeting under OrgA. If, in the browser, I switch my other tab from OrgA to OrgB, then re-click the link, I get the page I was expecting.

Summary: When the desktop (Linux) app opens a link in the browser, it…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The "Include system audio" checkbox is no longer available when sharing desktop. It was previously working and now it's gone.

The "Include system audio" checkbox is no longer available when sharing desktop in a meeting. It was previously working and we tested with various scenarios from different tenants and it now appears to be missing. Is this a bug?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MTR | Source attached is automatically presented on room display

We're using Crestron Flex as MTR system (UC-B-160-T) in the single display mode. In our setup, a wireless presentation system is connected to the MTR at all times, so users can share their content without having to attach a cable. When a call comes in or a meeting starts, the content attached is automatically presented to the front room display. In the call you don't have access to the "Present/ "Stop present" button anymore, so you only see the content on the front room display, not the caller's video. Only option is to change the layout, so the caller's video…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Display "Meeting was Renamed" in the initial chat box for a teams meeting

When I create a teams meeting, and then join it in Teams, there is a chat that "*** renamed the meeting to ***". However, the meeting is with the initial name. The info in chat will confuse users, and is completely unnecessary.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sometimes I Teams won't let me join a meeting or kicks me out of one

I can see my meeting in Teams and see the details of said meeting, but when I click the Join button at the top right I'm redirected back to the previous meeting on my calendar. This happens 3-5 times before I can either successfully join or need to restart Teams.

Alternatively, even after the process mentioned above and I've successfully joined, 5min later I get booted out of the meeting and can't rejoin until I either restart Teams or my computer. Getting booted out of a meeting doesn't directly correlate with the process I just mentioned, but it's rare when…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. download full attendee report

For large meetings over 300+ attendees, currently only a partial list can be downloaded by the organizer. We need users to have the ability to download the FULL attendee report during and after a meeting. Prior to the large meeting improvement, even smaller meetings under 300 attendees listed ALL attendees, now it's just another half-baked feature.

As IT admins, it's a poor use of time to dedicate an FTE to download the full attendee list from the TAC. Not sure if this is a bug or the actual design since the MS article did mention only a partial list can…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams steals focus during meeting causing security risk!

During a meeting, if a meeting participant turns on their camera or begins sharing their screen and I am in another program, the MS Teams meeting window will steal focus from whatever program I'm currently working in.

It only seems to happen when someone presents (or stops presenting) or shares their camera (or stops sharing camera). Notifications or chats within the meeting don't seem to do this.

Sometimes the bug will also perform a "click" function and toggle on/off whatever the last object I toggled. For example, say I muted myself and then switched to a Chrome browser, when this…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base