Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't join a meeting: stuck on "Connecting..." screen

Sometimes I can't connect to a meeting. It's just stuck on "Connecting..." screen and never lets me in. I have to restart Teams app several times before I finally can join. I noticed that when Teams doesn't say that there're several people already in (and I know for fact several people have already joined), then I'll definitely have hard time connecting. I'm using the Teams application on Windows. I experienced this issue with meetings created in Outlook by someone else (I wasn't the meeting organizer).

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot add Teams meeting to a single occurrence of a series

Hello,
    We have a new issue - when a Delegate tries to convert a single occurrence in a series to a Teams meeting she gets a message telling her she must convert the entire series to a Teams meeting. (""This is one appointment in a series. To make it an online meeting, open the meeting series and try again.")

She does not want to change the entire series to a Teams meeting.

She states that she was able to do this until about a week ago. When opening a recurring meeting, she would get prompted and choose the single occurrence…

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Manage calendar updates the same as Outlook online

When changes are made to a meeting invite from within the Teams calendar - e.g. adding a new attendee - an update is sent to ALL attendees. The expected behaviour is that the update logic used by Outlook Online is used as per the article below - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3197165/send-updates-options-for-attendees-are-not-displayed-in-outlook-on-the

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Presenter and Attendee roles for Meetings in Microsoft Teams .Meetings need to be sent out first.

Meeting organizers will now have an option to define roles for meeting attendees: presenter and attendee. Presenters will have full control over the meeting, whereas meeting attendees cannot share content, take control, mute or remove other participants, admit people waiting in the lobby, or start/stop recordings.However the meeting option only allows to select presenters if the invitations are sent out.Could it be fixed so that while creating the meeting itself user can select the presenters?

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Attendees are able to share screen even when it is disabled

When we are attending our online classes on teams ,organizers has disabled screen-sharing for attendees but we can do it just by minimizing our screen and it will show the option to share our screen. And there is another thing when an organizer is screen sharing and another person/attendee starts it by using the bug ,it sometimes stops sharing screen but still shows to the organizer that his/her screen is sharing.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Not everyone able to use the chat function during large meetings

Some users in our organization reported that during large meetings (we had more than 160 users in the meeting) they cannot see the "Show Conversation" option in the control bar and hence cannot view or participate the chat. Is this a known issue?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Calendar invite doesn't show the Join Teams Meeting link

I have an issue with scheduling Teams meeting in the Outlook calendar.

Sometimes it doesn't show the purple Join Microsoft Teams meeting link you get below the text, even after editing the invite. I have to send out another invite and then it seems everything is okay and it has the link to join the meeting (I do everything the same). I am using the web outlook.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Whiteboard doesn't get recorded

When using the whiteboard feature in a teams meeting, the whiteboard being shared throughout the meeting, which can be seen by all participants no differently than when someone is sharing their screen, is not included in the recording of the meeting.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams Series Meeting doesn't shows button for "join teams meeting" in outlook ribbon for a single occurrence

Teams Series Meeting doesn't shows button for "join teams meeting" in outlook ribbon for a single occurrence, but it shows if I use the option open series.

For all created Meeting Series with different users and tenants, we verified that the option to open occurrence in Outlook doesn't shows the "Teams Join Meeting" button and the answer from Microsoft was that this is by design, but it looks like that it is a bug in design.

You can verify the results on attached images.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams keeps kicking attendees out of a meeting

Every participant in the teams meeting would be disconnected from the meeting after about 30 seconds. Users would be given a "Retry or disconnect" option. Curiously the phone dial-in worked, but computer audio wouldn't work. Even if someone joined with "No audio", they would be booted out.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Gmail calendar invites not coming through

From https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/microsoft-teams-invites-not-showing-up-in-gmail/m-p/1726329/highlight/false#M73675 - I was able to replicate this issue. Sent a Teams invite to a Gmail address, and the calendar item was not received

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to share a PowerPoint stored in a team/channel is missing in new meeting experience

The ability to share a PowerPoint that's stored in a team/channel is missing in the new meeting experience. The new meeting experience only shows the ability to upload or to select from OneDrive. This is a major problem for our users who use that feature often.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screensharing during a meeting, crashes Teams on RHEL 8.1 (linux)

Screensharing during a meeting, crashes Teams on RHEL 8.1 (Redhat Enterprise Linux v8.1)
    Teams Version 1.3.00.958 (64-bit).

• Start a meeting

• Share a screen

• Crash

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. During the Teams meeting, cannot see the Chat message

Some users in our organization reported that during the Teams meeting, cannot see the Chat message

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Time zone incorrect in Teams on RDS server when EnableTimeZoneRedirection is set

When Teams is launched on a Windows RDS server with the EnableTimeZoneRedirection GPO/registry key set, the time zone in Teams reflects the systems time zone, not the time zone from the user session.

This includes the times in the Calendar tab & the chat history.

This only affects the Teams application. Outlook & other applications show the correct time zone, as well as the Teams web app (because it pulls the time from the browser).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams Conference dial in number with conferance Auto dial in does not work!

When using the Teams meeting setup with Conference ID numbers it will not auto dial the conference ID on a Cell phone due to the configuration of the hyperlink. I have added some Pics so you can see the issue.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can't share new app window that is opened after a meeting has started

While you are in a meeting, you can share a single application window, but only if that application was opened prior to the meeting starting. If you are already in a meeting & then open an application (say a Word document), that window still does not show as a sharable choice in the screen-sharing options.

Users expect to be able to open a Word document (ppt, xls, etc) after the meeting has started & be able to share just that window without having to share that whole screen.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cannot share application window (not whole desktop) on Linux client

Application: Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.5153 (64-bit).
    Device: Lenovo X1 Carbon gen 5

The Linux desktop app does not allow sharing an application window. I can only share the whole desktop. This is not practical on a display with a 21:9 aspect ratio.

The web client supports sharing an application window quite well on Linux, but the performance is not as good as the desktop client.

Can sharing a single application window not be enabled for the desktop client?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Calendar not loading

When I click on calendar on the iphone app, it says updating your schedule but doesn’t and stays on the screen.

It works fine on my laptop.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cannot find security group in teams group policy assignment using Teams admin interface

When trying to assign a security group to a policy in the Teams admin interface. Not all groups show up. Even if you type the group name exactly the search results for the security group do not show the group. I also tried using the group id from Azure but that is not an option in this interface. The documentation for this function is here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/assign-policies#assign-a-policy-to-a-group

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base