Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chat text area doesn't get focus after tabbing away and back to Teams

When tabbing back to Teams the chat window doesn't get focus, so all typing is lost. You have to click on the window for the chat area to gain focus so you can type.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [BUG: Minor, macOS] Teams notification "window" persists after dismissal

After the first Teams notification pop-up/toast, and dismissing the pop-up by closing or clicking to deep link, the list of selectable/focusable windows listed under the 'Window' menu persists the notification window.

Selecting that menu item does not raise or focus the notification window.

Expected behaviour: Closing the notification window should destroy the window object and remove the 'Window' menu sub-item.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams meeting invites sent from a shared inbox by mac users don't have phone numbers

Shared inbox Teams meeting invites sent out from pc clients generate a Teams link with a phone number, but Teams meeting invites sent out from mac clients do not generate a link with a phone number.

Tried using the web client, but the same issue persists for mac users in the web client as well. This was tested across multiple users, machines and shared inboxes. Please fix! Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can't access mute button

The new breakout window for calls places the mute buttons and other controls in the top right - directly under where all my notifications are appearing. I can't have the window full screen or on the right side of my monitor otherwise I can't access the controls. It's constantly an issue during my meetings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MAC OS X 10.6.8 Installer does not work. Getting Error "The Operation couldn't be completed" "Couldn't open teamsosx.pkg"

MAC OS X 10.6.8 Installer does not work. Getting Error "The Operation couldn't be completed" "Couldn't open teamsosx.pkg"

Could someone please help?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. hang up call using cmd-shift-b does not work

When I hover over the "hang up" button in a video call, I can see the shortcut is supposed to be cmd-shift-b, but when I press cmd-shift-b, nothing happens. cmd-shift-m to mute does work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. External Mic is not supported with latest update

With the update that hit today I can no longer use my Blue microphone. It's been working great but now I can only use the built in mic on the iMac. Last update the external cameras were taken away not you have taken away external mics. Please give us control over our own devices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. on mac, its not possible to open, view or zoom into any image on any chat.

Our org (around 20k users) has teams. In the chat, frequently people paste images. The image comes up small in the chat UI, its a fraction of its actual size.

Unfortuantely, there is no option (on the mac at least) to open the image, zoom in or otherwise view it.

this is a HUGE limitation. In slack or skupe, if you click on an image in the chat, it opens the image large, and you ahve to click X to close it and get back to chat.

Teams has something like this, when you click on the image, the window…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When using Teams screensharing for a website in Chrome on OSX, Teams slows down rendering of website content

A common use case for Teams for any software company would be demoing your platform to prospective clients using Microsoft Teams.

What frequently happens for us for Mac and PC Teams users, is when we share a Google chrome window of our platform, if Teams screen share is enabled, the web pages of our platform (and any other platform like Jira) load very slowly. If you disable Teams screenshare and load the same website, it loads normally.

This is not isolated to old computers, it happens on new computers with 16gb+ RAM. Somehow the system resource that Teams is using…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Using a MacBook Pro and Safari - "MSTeams is loading" loop endlessly

Using a MacBook Pro and Safari - "MSTeams is loading" loop endlessly

Despite x 4 fresh downloads from Mac download button for desktop or mobile on official website .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. CUSTOM virtual backgrounds not working on a 2020 (brand-new) MacBook Pro 13"

I just upgraded to a new MBP 13" (high-spec version, Quad-Core, 16GB RAM etc.) and noticed that my own CUSTOM virtual backgrounds do not show up as an option.

I have uploaded my images into the required folder (/users/<USERNAME>/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Backgrounds/Uploads).

This function used to work on my older MacBook AIR which had inferior specs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. No audible ringtone when receiving a Teams call

I don't hear a ringtone on my Mac when I receive a Teams call while using the Mac Teams client. All other audio on my Mac is fine (Teams and otherwise). It appears to be a Teams bug.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Incorrect behavior with French/Français (Canada) keyboard shortcuts in MacOS

I have a French "Français (Canada)" keyboard with a Mac. Trying to type a forwardslash / in a text field using the normal keystroke, option-é, brings up the keyboard shortcut menu instead of typing a forwardslash. The default shortcut for this menu is option-/ on a US keyboard. Changing the keyboard language in Teams to French "Français (France)" nominally changes the keyboard shortcut to command-shift-/ but the actual behavior does not change. Typing option-é with the keyboard set to French still opens the keyboard shortcut menu, which shows the shortcut as command-shift-/ despite the actual…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can't select and copy more then 10 messages in conversation

1. Can't select and copy more then 10 messages in conversation

2. Can't select only part of message, its automatically selects all message

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. CSV files from assignments with newlines in feedback break in Excel on Mac

When importing a CSV generated from assignments with newlines in the feedback, Excel on MacOS puts every new line in the first column on the next row instead of putting the feedback in a multi-line formatted cell. See the attached screenshot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams links (in email) not opening in app OSX

When I get a link to a file on teams in an email, clicking it opens up in safari (which only loads teams web app 75% of the time). There is no option on Mac to force links to open in app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams appears to quit after a unknown period of time of inactivity. MAC OSX

• Teams appears to quit after a unknown period of time of inactivity.
      o Users stop getting notifications, and most often realize it when a message comes on their phone and not to the computer
      o When they click Teams, it launches as if it was closed

• We have the correct settings on Mac to auto-start at boot up, and to keep running if app is closed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sync issues between Android app and Mac app

Sometimes, when I begin a conversation on the Mac version, the while my phone instance is also running, the responses will go only to my Android app while the chat window on the Mac one will not reflect them.
    They will get refreshed only after I close and re-open Teams on the Mac.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. screen artefact/screen shaking

when I (and my friends on MacBooks) am changing (switching) my desks, the screen is shaking (artefacts) in the up right corner.
    This is only when I am using Teams. Even when its minimalised.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams window goes full screen on my Mac if I closed it previously

Since the latest update, the window itself forgets the size it was set up and occupies all the state in the screen. This happens every time I switch to Teams app after closing manually thew window myself, which is a very typical usage in Mac (closing the window, but not the app).

To reproduce it I just:
    1. With Teams opened, I close the window clicking the red button or the shortcut cmd+W.
    2. I switch to any other app.
    3. I focus back to Teams again, clicking the app icon in the Dock.

Expected behaviour: The window will occupy…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base