Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CRITICAL BUG: macOS lacks a volume slider.

It's all in the title. The macOS Microsoft Teams app is devoid of a volume slider. It can only be a bug, unless the dev team didn't ask a QA team to test their work.

It's not an annoyance, it's an essential feature which was in msn messenger about two decades ago. It was in skype, it's on Discord.

You're not coding in a vacuum, please pay attention to users.
    Thank you for your time. Pardon my arrogance, I'm stuck using a service I want to like but then I jump off my seat when someone decides to leave their…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mac audio problem

We have problems with audio in mac os clients. Users have to change to mobile application. Windows, linux, android or ios has no problems. Mac users sound (mac book pro 2019, mac min 2019) has a lot of cuts and network works fine.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notifications come up white on OS X application

The notifications come up white, then after about 30 seconds they render. I just turned them off because they distract me and don't show me information. It would be much better if you would just use the MacOS notification system like everyone else.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Double pressings space bar on macOS client to insert a period leaves a space before the period.

Double pressing space bar on Mac client to insert a period does not delete the first space. For example:

This is how double pressing a space bar normally works. It follows regular grammar.

In Teams, double pressing the space bar appears as follows . The space before the period does not get deleted, but the space after the period remains .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. poor connection

The connection is not as good as Zoom. I use both zoom and teams for my diffrent classes
    While zoom works very well regarding the connection I have experiened too many disconnections with Teams, audio or video or both.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Opened teams and wanted to login again and get white page

I opened Teams today and it asked to sign in. I get the first login page, which is the Microsoft login and do so and then pick my work/school account and it transfers me to a white blank page. I right clicked and hit reload and still no luck. Rebooted nothing. Deleted ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams folder and launched again and same problem. Seems to be a common problem among Teams across Windows, Mac, etc. Thought getting rid of ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams would fix it, but no luck. Not sure what the fix is? macOS 10.13.6 and Teams 1.2.00.34155

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams for Mac (v 1.2.00.34155) Cannot click Submit on Proxy Authenticate window

After opening Teams, a small window pops up asking me to authenticate against our Corporate Proxy servers.

The username and password boxes are pre-populated (assume from keychain), however the submit button doesn't work - there is no way to close the window.

I can connect and use Teams as normal so doesn't look like it's breaking anything.

Screenshot attached, proxy details redacted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Unable to leave a team which was deleted

Teams v 1.1.00.8752 installed on a Mac running Sierra 10.13.4. I am unable to leave a Team which was previously deleted. When I click Leave the team - a generic error pops up and says "An error occurred" and the Team remains in my list. I was able to remove it from the Favorites but the team still shows in the "More" section. When I log in to the online/web version of Teams the team in question does not show up in any list or when searching for it (it shouldn't since it was deleted by the owner).
    I tried…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Version auto-update failure with Mac OS BigSur and M1 Chip

If I hit check for updates, teams shows there is an update available, and if I click to finish the update Teams hangs and shows only a blank screen, after several minutes I force close it and then Teams returns with the same previous version.

I'm running Teams Version 1.3.00.33671 and Big Sur 11.2.1 (20D74)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams for macOS / Big Sur fullscreen bug

macOS Big Sur (ver.11.2.1)
    MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Teams client for macOS

In macOS,
    After closing the window(cmd+w), when I re-open Teams, force it to full screen.

I think...it must be opened in the same position, before/after closing.

맥 OS에서 윈도우닫기(cmd+w)를 한 후에 팀즈를 다시 열면,
    강제로 전체화면이 됩니다.
    제 생각에 윈도우 닫은 후 다시 열 때 같은 위치, 같은 상태로 열려야 할 것 같습니다.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. in a meeting window, click the chat icon, the chat expands on the right side and takes over the layout of the whole window

in a meeting window, click the chat icon, the chat expands on the right side and takes over the layout of the whole window.
    All buttons and controls lost - only closing window works.

Runs on MacBook Pro 2020 13"
    You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.24758. It was last updated on 2/10/21.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Links to web addresses no longer open browser in foreground

Previously in Teams, when I'd click a link in Teams chat, it would open my browser in the foreground.

Ever since a recent Teams update, links within Teams no longer open in the foreground; instead, the browser opens in the background, behind Teams.

So if Teams is set to take up my entire screen, and I click a link, then it seems as if nothing happens, until I move or minimize Teams.

The problem exists in Firefox and Safari on MacOS. The problem does not affect Chrome.

I've confirmed that I'm running the latest version of the OS and the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screen flickers and turns black when sharing Microsoft RDC screen

Mac OS Big Sur

When I am using teams and am sharing my whole screen and I then go to Microsoft Desktop Connection, my screen starts to flicker and then goes black. However, the people who I am presenting to can see everything fine; it is just me who cannot see the screen.

If I take RDP out of full screen mode then the black screen goes away and I can see again.

At no point are the other people viewing my screen affected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MS Teams desktop app sign-in button not working on Macbook Pro so can not login

I got invited from a Call as a presenter, Then I log out from my email, then try to with another email to login but the 'Sign-in' button is clickable but not working. Always stay in login page can not redirect to call, so I cant login because of the button on Desktop app.
    So I need help!

Thanks in advance!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft Word App(not 365 online) running on BigSur not able to see text highlighted

After upgrading to BigSur OS I have not been able to see highlighted text in a Word docx unless I change the page color to dark(blue for example) and use white text color. Only happens with the current Word for Mac on my IMac. Online 365 version works fine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It is not possible to share the internal audio of my computer.

TEAMS currently does not allow to share the internal audio of a MAC computer. To teach music at a meeting, it is an essential feature. A greeting and thank you very much.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Removing a guest user from Office 365 Organisation causes boot-loop on teams Client macOS

After removing a guest user from Office 365 organisation the users Teams Client on macOS Catalina goes into a boot loop .

Uninstalling and reinstalling Teams Client for macOS does not resolve the boot loop

All "~/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams" data must be deleted to restore teams functionality

Reinstating these deleted files does reproduce the issue

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chat text area doesn't get focus after tabbing away and back to Teams

When tabbing back to Teams the chat window doesn't get focus, so all typing is lost. You have to click on the window for the chat area to gain focus so you can type.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base