Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. mac command tab doesn't work when using multiple desktops

Command tabbing to MS Teams doesn't work when MS Teams is on a different desktop. This is for Mac. It should switch the the desktop that MS Teams is on, and it should have MS Teams be in the foreground and active.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Screen sharing not working under OSX Big Sur

Since upgrading to Big Sur the screen sharing feature does not work anymore. All permissions granted, however selecting any of the sharing options (selecting the screen to share) does not have any effect -> the options don't disappear after the selection and the sharing is not started.

Update: I've now started a meeting with only myself participating and was able to activate screen sharing (of course without seeing whether something would be shown for other participants). I'll check in the next meeting, whether the problem returns.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications don't display Text

I am currently running the Big Sur Beta and when I receive notifications from teams I can see the blue box that appears in the corner and then I can see the profile and username but the rest of the box is devoid of any information, eg the start to whatever message or call I am apart of.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I recently updated to Mac OS Beta Big Sur. Now, in Teams, my tab content won't display properly.

Since updating to Beta Big Sur, my Teams tabs won't display. No matter what the content (Excel, Word, Form, etc.). They won't display all the data. I have confirmed that Teams on the Web does work, Just Teams on Mac.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Inconsistent font with Vietnamese/Unicode texts

Some Vietnamese characters got replaced by Helvetica font instead of Segoe font. Few of those characters are:
    ế, ệ, ổ, ươ

Attached is the screenshot of Settings screen in Vietnamese but the same happens to message texts as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Microphone Failure Mac OS Teams Client for Mac

The external microphone fails periodically during teams meetings. The Mac client screen pops that the microphone is not working. The external video continues to work on the same device as the microphone. Meaning there is no hardware or connectivity issue during these failures. Furthermore the microphone is accessible by other applications when it is not working on the teams client. This isolates the Teams Mac client as the problem. I have searched several threads that identify the same problem. However I cannot locate a bug or an ETA on a fix. What is the plan to resolve this known problem?…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.18164 massively draining CPU usage making use of other programs simultaneously very difficult

Ever since updating to this version it has slowed down the performance of my machine - especially when on a video conference call involving multiple participants with video streams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MacOS - Incoming calls not notified properly

With MacOS client, incoming calls notification does not appear when the application is opened on a virtual desktop that is not the current one.
    The notification only appear when the call is missed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams Window minimises when sharing desktop in Mac

When I go to share my Desktop (usually, my MacBook Pro's built-in display), Teams which is sitting on my external display minimises.

I thought this was just annoyingly by design until a Windows-using colleague said that doesn't happen with Windows, it only does that when you share the Desktop which Teams is sitting on.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Freezes when connecting to external devices

When connecting external displays and conference equipment the Microsoft teams application becomes unresponsive for more than 2 minutes. The issue can be replicated on other Mac devices and other connected equipment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I cannot edit Wiki tab section etc on iPhone or iPad!

Impossible to edit anything on Wiki tab from iOS. This makes no sense. Please find a solution ASAP.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Having trouble sharing screen on OSX

Hello

I am having a problem sharing my screen with Teams client on OSX. On mission control I have couple of Desktops and when sharing occasionally the app would switch to a different Desktop. This is only happening with Teams not with Skype or any other application that I use to share my screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In-meeting chat makes Teams unresponsive

Teams on Mac becomes unreponsive when clicking the 'Show conversation' button. Audio continues to work, but the buttons at the top (Chat, Participants, Leave, etc.) all disappear. You can't take part in the chat or scroll up or down in the chat. Have to quit Teams, relaunch the application, and rejoin the meeting to fix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Insane battery drain on MACOS

I'm seeing an insane amount of battery drain while on meeting via teams:
    I've got a macbook pro 15 from 2015
    I'm running the latest version on teams
    I can't sustain a 1h video call with teams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Distorted audio with AirPods Pro since Big Sur

Since upgrading to Big Sur, I've found that my audio on Teams calls is very poor. It's intermittent but audio coming through from others sounds a bit like a Dalek and I'm told my audio when speaking is heard in the same distorted way. It sounds robotic and breaks up (inbound & outbound audio). It's like it comes and goes in waves, sometimes more frequent during calls and sometimes not so much, to the point I've managed a day of calls without issue but then in the evening it happened again. AirPods Pro fully charged etc..

Anyone else experienced the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: Play button on MacBook TouchBar triggers a ringing sound after Team calls

Whenever I finish a call in Teams, and want to play some music, I press the "play" button of the music control of my MacBook's TouchBar. Instead of music playing, I ringing sound starts playing which gives the impression someone would be calling me or that I'd be calling someone, even though no call is happening. Pressing pause on the TouchBar stops the sound, but pressing play starts it all over again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. bluetooth keyboard stops working when teams call is on

whenever I turn on a teams call my bluetooth logitech keyboard stops working.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Colours in documents are desaturated when screen sharing

When sharing documents via screen share colours in the document appear desaturated or muted.
    I work for a graphic design agency so it's really important that colour in documents is reflected as accurately as possible* when sharing screen. If we're presenting a red logo and the client sees it as pink that's not help.

I attach a screenshot demonstrating the difference. The left-hand shows the Keynote file open on my desktop, the right-hand side shows the exact same document viewed through Teams.

*Obviously every screen displays colour differently and this also depends on user settings, but it would be helpful…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Text does not show up unless it is bold while using MacOS Big Sur Beta

When opening student assignments through word in Teams, some text does not show up. When making it bold, it appears See screenshot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams presence not changing when call is finished

When finished call via Teams phone status in Teams doesn't change back to Available automatically. Needs to be changed manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base