Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen sharing macOS: Only working while "System Preferences.app" is running

Current behaviour:
    When clicking on the "Share content" icon a message ("We need permission to share your screen. Go to Security & Privacy > Screen Recording to give permission and start sharing.") appears and none of my screens/windows are available to start sharing. Teams already has the permission for "Screen Recording" in the "Security & Privacy" preferences dialog. However, as soon as I open "System Preferences.app" (any submenu) and try again while it is still open everything works as expected. I can consistently reproduce this behaviour.

Expected behaviour:
    Screen sharing works independently of the "System Prefenrences.app" once the "Screen Recording"…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams video spotlight not available on macbook pro?

We can't seem to activate the new spotlight feature on MS Teams using the Mac client. We use macbook pro OS Mojave and have followed the instructions but spotlight feature does not seem to be available. This is very important for our webinars where we use branded virtual backgrounds. Our last MS Teams upgrade was on 28 October. Has this not been rolled out for Mac users? In a meeting we hosted on 3 November our invited speakers (on Windows) were able to spotlight themselves. Assistance would be appreciated as this is a very important feature for us. We have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remote Control on Macs Desktop Buggy

Using the desktop client, properly configured in privacy settings appears to be buggy. Many of my users are complaining that one day remote control is working, then next its not, then it might the following day - with no changes to config or settings. All Mac desktop on 10.15.7.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Version notification bar opening behavior on macOS client

When the version info bar is brought up via Microsoft Teams > About Microsoft Teams or via in-app top-right avatar menu > About > Version, if the user clicks this multiple times, multiple copies of the bar open on top of each other, so when the user clicks the "X" button, it does not disappear until they click it the number of times they opened it.

This is made slightly worse by the fact that when using the menu bar to open this, the notification does not appear until the user clicks within the main content area of teams, so…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Host cannot control properly while control is shared

When sharing control in a Teams call on macOS, as the host, I am not able to control properly. Most clicks were not recognized and mouse hover state was cutting in and out. The other user was not touching/moving their mouse. Host is macOS Catalina 10.15.7 running Teams 1.3.00.28778, client is on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on Teams 1.3.00.23764.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. bluetooth keyboard stops working when teams call is on

whenever I turn on a teams call my bluetooth logitech keyboard stops working.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I updated profile picture in Mac MS Team settings but picture in call window does not update

I updated profile picture in Mac MS Team settings but picture in call window does not update. New Picture was updated +24 hours ago. For attached notice upper left picture (new) does not call window picture (old).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams not showing in the Screen Recording section of privacy settings

Teams are not showing up in the Screen Recording section of Privacy settings. I have the latest version of Catalina (10.15.7) and the latest version of Teams (1.3.00.26266). Teams does show up in the camera and microphone-section for privacy settings, but not in the screen recordings. I have tried every tip in Teams forum - including restarting, reinstalling, using the go to privacy settings-button in a meeting. But it just does not work. This is an issue with another colleague of mine with the same Mac operating system and Microsoft Teams version as well. I have to use Teams in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams comes to foreground when call controls appear on Mac

When sharing my screen in a Teams call on macOS, if I move my mouse near the top of the screen and the call controls appear, after a second, the Teams call window comes to the foreground, interrupting whatever I was doing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. No Mac download section on the download page

The articles describes to download the installation file under the Mac section, but there is no Mac section. There are only two sections, Windows and Mobile.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. macOS Teams Client: No text rendered in Apps

When using the native Microsoft Teams Client Version 1.3.00.18164 on macOS (Version 11.0 Beta (20A5395g)), in any HTML-Based rendering parts, no text is displayed.

Reproduction e.g.:
    * Add Jira Cloud App
    * Add a new tab / Jira Cloud
    * On the displayed configuration/login screen no text is visible

See attached screenshot

The problem does not occur when using a browser (e.g. Google Chrome 86.0.4240.111) instead of the native Teams Client.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Unable to edit Sql queries in excel following upgrade

Following upgrade to Catilina 10.15.7 excel will no longer allow me to edit excel queries, excel crashes and I get the following error messages.

Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:
    Exception: EXCBADACCESS
    ExceptionEnumString: 1
    Exception Code: KERNINVALIDADDRESS (0x000029792ea95ff8)
    Date/Time: 2020-10-29 02:46:01 +0000
    Application Name: Microsoft Excel
    Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Excel
    Application Signature: XCEL
    Application Bitness: x64
    Application Version: 16.42.0.20101102
    Crashed Module Name: libobjc.A.dylib
    Crashed Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Crashed Module Offset: 0x000000000000681d
    Blame Module Name: Microsoft Excel
    Blame Module Version: 16.42.0.201011
    UnsymbolicatedChecksum: A40A4958071661C2C4B68C19B90A07FA
    Blame Module Offset: 0x000000000046bf77
    StackHash: fea7af945ba99c2f-dm1main
    Application LCID: 2057
    Extra…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifications don't display Text

I am currently running the Big Sur Beta and when I receive notifications from teams I can see the blue box that appears in the corner and then I can see the profile and username but the rest of the box is devoid of any information, eg the start to whatever message or call I am apart of.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Onboarding experience on Mac could scarcely be worse

Installation was OK, but launching the app was a disaster. It came up and just... sat there. No obvious options, nothing to do. When I finally tried to create a meeting, I got a whirling blue arrow that continued forever (I actually waited 20 minutes). I repeated this on another computer, so not a fluke. This is way too reminiscent of the days when Microsoft treated the Mac as a second-class citizen (and I worked for Microsoft then). Someone wanted to meet with me on Teams and I had to reject that and go to Zoom, which I also detest.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I recently updated to Mac OS Beta Big Sur. Now, in Teams, my tab content won't display properly.

Since updating to Beta Big Sur, my Teams tabs won't display. No matter what the content (Excel, Word, Form, etc.). They won't display all the data. I have confirmed that Teams on the Web does work, Just Teams on Mac.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It is not possible to share the internal audio of my computer.

TEAMS currently does not allow to share the internal audio of a MAC computer. To teach music at a meeting, it is an essential feature. A greeting and thank you very much.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When clicking the sort button on the Grades screen, the app produces a copy of the items.

When clicking to reorder items in the list based on your preferred category, the app simply duplicated the listed items, instead of sorting them. This happens in the Grades section of courses. Sometimes this bug doesnt reproduce, but going to another course section (say, assignments), then back to grades, causes this. I have a suspition that there is another action im taking inbetween (such as clicking) which could be assisting the bug to appear. It could also be that it happens if you click on grades while the other section hasnt loaded fully, or if you try to click the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base