Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams application crashes (or video dies) when a new update is available

It seems everyone an updated for Teams is pushed out to the Mac client, the client will either flat out quit without warning, or the ability to use video will die. Restarting the client doesn't help, however installing the update fixes the video issue (until the next update).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. screen sharing freezes

When someone is sharing their screen with me, sometimes the share will freeze until I move the mouse. This is on Mac with an external monitor.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Pinned app wont stay pinned

I try to pin an app, but not long afterwards I see this:
    "Your admin has updated your settings. Some of your pinned apps have moved."
    Our IT wouldn't have changed these settings, so why is this the default?

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No participant controls in meetings app on Mac.

This used to work two weeks ago, but last week and this week it wasn't there any more: in some big meetings (church service) the option to pin the speaker full screen and all other options are missing.
    Say we're in the opening 4-pane window and the main speaker comes on I'd like to only see him full screen. I rightclick on his pane and there's no options at all except a grayed out [copy (#V)]. Which doesn't work, of course, it's grayed out. Same if I click on the person's name in that pane. See attached pic. It's not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notifications come up white on OS X application

The notifications come up white, then after about 30 seconds they render. I just turned them off because they distract me and don't show me information. It would be much better if you would just use the MacOS notification system like everyone else.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Double pressings space bar on macOS client to insert a period leaves a space before the period.

Double pressing space bar on Mac client to insert a period does not delete the first space. For example:

This is how double pressing a space bar normally works. It follows regular grammar.

In Teams, double pressing the space bar appears as follows . The space before the period does not get deleted, but the space after the period remains .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. macOS: teams video call freezes on notifications of teams (toast)

When I'm in a video call and a "popup" (toast) notification of teams is shown, for example because of a chat in a different channel or a notification of a new meeting starting, the video in the current call freezes for a while.

I'm on macOS Catalina (10.15.4)
    You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.4460. It was last updated on 14/03/2020.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. poor connection

The connection is not as good as Zoom. I use both zoom and teams for my diffrent classes
    While zoom works very well regarding the connection I have experiened too many disconnections with Teams, audio or video or both.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Excel Window Sharing Does Not Work On Teams MacOS Client

When in a Teams meeting, you cannot share an Excel Window if a spreadsheet is open. If you share the Excel Window prior to opening a spreadsheet, Teams will allow the share, but as soon as you open a spreadsheet, the share stops and Teams notifies you that it cannot find the window. Others have reported this problem on the community forums. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/teams-of-macbook-cannot-share-excel-workbook-on-screen-sharing/m-p/1187293

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notification onenote student work

I cannot see if my students have worked on their notebook/homework... (normally it should be bold if it is new as it is in teams) but with mac that does not work...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. No audible ringtone when receiving a Teams call

I don't hear a ringtone on my Mac when I receive a Teams call while using the Mac Teams client. All other audio on my Mac is fine (Teams and otherwise). It appears to be a Teams bug.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Presenter view in Powerpoint shows others blank screen

It looks like it isn't possible to present to a team call with presenter notes, as they get a blank screen when that view is chosen. It is possible to use a normal presentation or to just share the window and step through the slides that way, but it isn't possible to get visibility of the presenter notes as part of a proper presentation. This was from a Macbook presenting to a Macbook from the desktop Teams application.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can’t redeem invitations properly

When someone sends me an invitation, I select “redeem” and it opens the browser instead of the app. Then the browser tells me to launch the app; but the button to launch the app from the browser doesn’t work. When I open the app, the invitation is still unredeemed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Incorrect behavior with French/Français (Canada) keyboard shortcuts in MacOS

I have a French "Français (Canada)" keyboard with a Mac. Trying to type a forwardslash / in a text field using the normal keystroke, option-é, brings up the keyboard shortcut menu instead of typing a forwardslash. The default shortcut for this menu is option-/ on a US keyboard. Changing the keyboard language in Teams to French "Français (France)" nominally changes the keyboard shortcut to command-shift-/ but the actual behavior does not change. Typing option-é with the keyboard set to French still opens the keyboard shortcut menu, which shows the shortcut as command-shift-/ despite the actual…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MacOS - Incoming calls not notified properly

With MacOS client, incoming calls notification does not appear when the application is opened on a virtual desktop that is not the current one.
    The notification only appear when the call is missed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. macOS sync file doesn't open Onedrive app

It works via browser but it's not working with the macOS client

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. User that shows to be Available is in fact not

Teams is simply unusable. It is not only confusing the **** out of existing Skype for Business users. IT simply doesn't work!
    I try to chat with a person on Teams who show as available le, and after sending the chat, I get the message the person is NOT available, but he keeps showing free. In Skype for business that same person shows as logged out, but ... when I type a chat message there he receives it and responds and he stays offline.

In summary, we'll need to look for an alternative chat client, this is not usable at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams Window minimises when sharing desktop in Mac

When I go to share my Desktop (usually, my MacBook Pro's built-in display), Teams which is sitting on my external display minimises.

I thought this was just annoyingly by design until a Windows-using colleague said that doesn't happen with Windows, it only does that when you share the Desktop which Teams is sitting on.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)