Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams presence not changing when call is finished

When finished call via Teams phone status in Teams doesn't change back to Available automatically. Needs to be changed manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Word App(not 365 online) running on BigSur not able to see text highlighted

After upgrading to BigSur OS I have not been able to see highlighted text in a Word docx unless I change the page color to dark(blue for example) and use white text color. Only happens with the current Word for Mac on my IMac. Online 365 version works fine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.18164 massively draining CPU usage making use of other programs simultaneously very difficult

Ever since updating to this version it has slowed down the performance of my machine - especially when on a video conference call involving multiple participants with video streams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. status duration not working on Mac

The new feature allowing me to set a duration for my status does not work for me on my Mac (running the latest Big Sur OS).

Steps to reproduce:

1) Click profile image
    2) Hover of status (i.e. Available)
    3) Click Duration
    4) Select a time interval in the 'Reset Status After' dropdown.

I've tried all of the options, including setting. custom time interval and none seem to work - my status resets after 10 minutes. To be more precise, my status will change from Available to Away despite these new settings.

I'm often in Zoom and WebEX meetings, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Black screen appears when sharing

Using a Mac with an additional Dell screen 1910*1080, I have a black screen when I initiate a call and the other person shares either an app or their desktop.
    I simply hang up and get them to initiate the call, then I'm able to see their screen when they share it. Very frustrating.

Also, when the black screen appears if I go to another chat then I can see the video of the person but when I go back to the chat the video returns to a black screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams video spotlight not available on macbook pro?

We can't seem to activate the new spotlight feature on MS Teams using the Mac client. We use macbook pro OS Mojave and have followed the instructions but spotlight feature does not seem to be available. This is very important for our webinars where we use branded virtual backgrounds. Our last MS Teams upgrade was on 28 October. Has this not been rolled out for Mac users? In a meeting we hosted on 3 November our invited speakers (on Windows) were able to spotlight themselves. Assistance would be appreciated as this is a very important feature for us. We have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Colours in documents are desaturated when screen sharing

When sharing documents via screen share colours in the document appear desaturated or muted.
    I work for a graphic design agency so it's really important that colour in documents is reflected as accurately as possible* when sharing screen. If we're presenting a red logo and the client sees it as pink that's not help.

I attach a screenshot demonstrating the difference. The left-hand shows the Keynote file open on my desktop, the right-hand side shows the exact same document viewed through Teams.

*Obviously every screen displays colour differently and this also depends on user settings, but it would be helpful…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Text does not show up unless it is bold while using MacOS Big Sur Beta

When opening student assignments through word in Teams, some text does not show up. When making it bold, it appears See screenshot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Participants profile pictures broken

The profile pictures on the participants list are broken, then they start loading slowly after a few minutes. My internet connection speed is not the reason.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microphone Failure Mac OS Teams Client for Mac

The external microphone fails periodically during teams meetings. The Mac client screen pops that the microphone is not working. The external video continues to work on the same device as the microphone. Meaning there is no hardware or connectivity issue during these failures. Furthermore the microphone is accessible by other applications when it is not working on the teams client. This isolates the Teams Mac client as the problem. I have searched several threads that identify the same problem. However I cannot locate a bug or an ETA on a fix. What is the plan to resolve this known problem?…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. more actions menu gets cut off

More actions menu gets cut off when on the bottom of the chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. screen sharing freezes

When someone is sharing their screen with me, sometimes the share will freeze until I move the mouse. This is on Mac with an external monitor.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delay on keyboard input

On IpadOS I have considerable delay with keyboard input, no matter touch screen or magic keyboard. I have no similar issue in other apps like. Ms word, safari etc.
    this is driving me nuts! Also there is no search in chat ? (????)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. On a new Mac Mini (M1), Teams never requests access to the camera, acting as if it's not possible to connect a camera.

Teams should not assume that it's not possible to connect a camera to a desktop machine. This problem exists in the desktop client as well as in Edge, so it's not simply the installation (which has been done 3 times just in case, including searching for and deleting all Teams-related folders I could find). It doesn't make the assumption about the microphone, just the camera.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It is not possible to share the internal audio of my computer.

TEAMS currently does not allow to share the internal audio of a MAC computer. To teach music at a meeting, it is an essential feature. A greeting and thank you very much.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Removing a guest user from Office 365 Organisation causes boot-loop on teams Client macOS

After removing a guest user from Office 365 organisation the users Teams Client on macOS Catalina goes into a boot loop .

Uninstalling and reinstalling Teams Client for macOS does not resolve the boot loop

All "~/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams" data must be deleted to restore teams functionality

Reinstating these deleted files does reproduce the issue

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chat text area doesn't get focus after tabbing away and back to Teams

When tabbing back to Teams the chat window doesn't get focus, so all typing is lost. You have to click on the window for the chat area to gain focus so you can type.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)