Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. screen artefact/screen shaking

when I (and my friends on MacBooks) am changing (switching) my desks, the screen is shaking (artefacts) in the up right corner.
    This is only when I am using Teams. Even when its minimalised.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. wiki images

Images on wiki are deleted when clicking the section that contains the image (you need to navigate in other channels or close teams and reopen to replicate)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Insane battery drain on MACOS

I'm seeing an insane amount of battery drain while on meeting via teams:
    I've got a macbook pro 15 from 2015
    I'm running the latest version on teams
    I can't sustain a 1h video call with teams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams app version in the Applications Finder is wrong

I have noticed that the latest version of the Teams app for macOS from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-teams/download-app, displays the version number 1.3.00.33671 within the Teams app. However, in the Applications > Finder it shows as 1.00.33671?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No Screen Share Options

Within the desktop app, I am unable to share my screen. When I click on the share screen icon the window opens but is blank. There are no options to click-to-select to share.

I am able to share my screen following the same process when I am logged in thru Chrome.

This is a new issues as of 8/17/20.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. What is happening with the teams features on mac?

One day i have some grateful features (like background options and noise suppression) and then, in a next release those has disappeared. Each time i update the client i see less options... is that right? that makes me quite difficult for suggest to my organization for daily use.

teams macos client: 1.3.00.33671
    macbook pro early 2013 (Catalina 10.15.7)
    2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Distorted audio with AirPods Pro since Big Sur

Since upgrading to Big Sur, I've found that my audio on Teams calls is very poor. It's intermittent but audio coming through from others sounds a bit like a Dalek and I'm told my audio when speaking is heard in the same distorted way. It sounds robotic and breaks up (inbound & outbound audio). It's like it comes and goes in waves, sometimes more frequent during calls and sometimes not so much, to the point I've managed a day of calls without issue but then in the evening it happened again. AirPods Pro fully charged etc..

Anyone else experienced the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Virtual Background does not work reliably

Teams 1.3.00.33671
    MacBook Pro Retina mid-2012 with macOS 10.14.6

When quitting and restarting Teams the virtual background feature disappears and is no more available during your video meetings. To make it work again I found a tedious workaround:

Go to settings -> Camera settings, launch a test call -> The video sometimes does not show virtual background so hangup. Launch again a test call, after few seconds the virtual background may appears and now you can hangup and use team for any meeting with virtual background activated... until the next restart of Teams.

This 100% reproducible on my setup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Links to local files on Mac are not recognized and do not work

Links to local files and to files on local servers like
    file:///Volumes/SHARENAME/folder/folder/blablabla.docx
    should be clickable in chat, wiki, notebooks and in documents opened in Teams. such links do work in native apps as Word, Excel...
    This would make collaboration much easier. (Not all files can be moved into Teams or OneDrive).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BigSur installation of Teams

When installing the Teams .pkg file I am prompted for Admin password and then the installer reprompts me for password in continuous cycle. I know with 100% certainty that the password I am putting in is correct.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams app not functioning

I'm a Mac OS user. There is some problem with MS Teams installation on my laptop. I see that the app on my macbook frequently shuts down on its own. And if I try to relaunch it, it would not. I'm experiencing this problem on a routine basis. I did some investigation to find out that whenever a new MS provided update is pushed to my machine, the MS teams application becomes unresponsive. The only solution at that point is to uninstall and then reinstall MS Teams. It works then but only until a new update again comes and makes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Incoming Call notifications inconsistent

When there is an incoming call, the notification is inconsistent and sometimes very hard to find to be able to answer a call.
    Sometimes I get an popup option with the option to answer or reject and sometimes this is not displayed at all. When it is not displayed I have found I have to work out who is calling me and then view the Chat for that person and there is then a 'Join' option at the top of the screen. This is very frustrating and means I sometimes miss calls.
    This is on a Macbook Catalina 10.15.7 and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screen flickers and turns black when sharing Microsoft RDC screen

Mac OS Big Sur

When I am using teams and am sharing my whole screen and I then go to Microsoft Desktop Connection, my screen starts to flicker and then goes black. However, the people who I am presenting to can see everything fine; it is just me who cannot see the screen.

If I take RDP out of full screen mode then the black screen goes away and I can see again.

At no point are the other people viewing my screen affected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. teams is causing my Mac to heat up and the fans to be very loud

to fix teams for Mac as its a common issue, even within your own online forums, that teams is causing brand new Mac machines to be put under immense stress. I understand apple and Microsoft are rival companies but if the performance is bad on apple devices it just effects education and work. if teams can run fine on windows, it can run fine on MacOS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. unable to assign quiz

Every time I try to assign a quiz from Forms to one of my classes, the desktop app freezes, so I have to do it on the web app. I'm using a 2012 MacBook Pro running Mojave.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. OneDrive Status Icons in Mac Finder

Sync icons (green/red dots) in OneDrive folder on Mac have not been visible for over a month. I am on macOS 10.14.6 (18G7016). While the right-click options for Sharing, etc. are availalble, and the OneDrive widget in the menu bar will show when files are syncing, I do not get the "sync status" icons next to my files in the OneDrive folder in my Finder.

I have checked that the OneDrive Finder Extension is checked ON in System Preferences. I used to be able to Force Relaunch the Finder to get the sync status icons back, but that no longer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MS Teams desktop app sign-in button not working on Macbook Pro so can not login

I got invited from a Call as a presenter, Then I log out from my email, then try to with another email to login but the 'Sign-in' button is clickable but not working. Always stay in login page can not redirect to call, so I cant login because of the button on Desktop app.
    So I need help!

Thanks in advance!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams App on MacOS has connection issue, video calls drops the audio and videos often

Hi, the latest Teams App seems to have a problem with video/audio calls. I constantly drops the audio and video during the call. The version I have is 1.3.00.28778, and my macOS is Big Sur (11.0.1).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams authentication prompt in meeting locks mic and camera buttons in current state

Context: I use Teams through the Mac desktop client. I need to authenticate to Teams while using my organization's VPN, because the authentication server is only available through VPN. Due to configuration issues that are out of scope of this ticket, I have a degraded experience audio and visual experience when using the VPN, so I've found it necessary to disable the VPN while attending a meeting in order to hear and see people.

Issue: When in this state - authenticated, in meeting, but then having turned off VPN - after an hour, my access token expires, and I am…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base