Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications on macOS

An applicarion on macOS even those coming from Microsoft must adhere to the Standard GUI.
    Why is not possible to manage notifications the usual way on macOS?
    Why there is no way to receive notifications when the app is not running?

Please make Teams a good citizen of macOS.
    Thank you!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams MacOS Virtual Webcam somehow broken even further, just like MSFT's promise to fix

Before I start, I have to remind Microsoft that we are DEPENDING on support for virtual webcams in Teams to do our jobs. Trainings, teachers, etc. This isn't just a fun feature that you broke, you instead really screwed with people's livelihoods. Near as I can figure it is trying to plug the HDMI protection security hole on many cheap capture cards to not rebroadcast sportsball games that none of the people in the community care about. Guess those NBA contracts are more important than people's jobs?

It has been three months since Microsoft broke virtual camera support for Teams…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Background settings doesn't work when Teams not logged in and joining call as guest

Background blur settings is blank and doesn't work when Teams is not logged in and used for guest access.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I recently updated to Mac OS Beta Big Sur. Now, in Teams, my tab content won't display properly.

Since updating to Beta Big Sur, my Teams tabs won't display. No matter what the content (Excel, Word, Form, etc.). They won't display all the data. I have confirmed that Teams on the Web does work, Just Teams on Mac.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. macOS: teams video call freezes on notifications of teams (toast)

When I'm in a video call and a "popup" (toast) notification of teams is shown, for example because of a chat in a different channel or a notification of a new meeting starting, the video in the current call freezes for a while.

I'm on macOS Catalina (10.15.4)
    You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.4460. It was last updated on 14/03/2020.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Screen sharing not working under OSX Big Sur

Since upgrading to Big Sur the screen sharing feature does not work anymore. All permissions granted, however selecting any of the sharing options (selecting the screen to share) does not have any effect -> the options don't disappear after the selection and the sharing is not started.

Update: I've now started a meeting with only myself participating and was able to activate screen sharing (of course without seeing whether something would be shown for other participants). I'll check in the next meeting, whether the problem returns.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Background settings panel is empty

On Teams for Mac Version 1.3.00.33671, the Background settings panel (More actions > Show background effects) is empty. The header says "Background settings" with a close button, and it says "Others won't see your video while you preview" at the bottom. The Preview and Apply buttons are both greyed out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Screen sharing macOS: Only working while "System Preferences.app" is running

Current behaviour:
    When clicking on the "Share content" icon a message ("We need permission to share your screen. Go to Security & Privacy > Screen Recording to give permission and start sharing.") appears and none of my screens/windows are available to start sharing. Teams already has the permission for "Screen Recording" in the "Security & Privacy" preferences dialog. However, as soon as I open "System Preferences.app" (any submenu) and try again while it is still open everything works as expected. I can consistently reproduce this behaviour.

Expected behaviour:
    Screen sharing works independently of the "System Prefenrences.app" once the "Screen Recording"…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. No backgrounds in MacOS 11 Bigsur.

Image files are in Library/ApplicationSupport/Microsoft/ Teams/Backgrounds/Uploads but aren't showing in the app.
    Nor is the blur background option available.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Microsoft team poor Mac performance

I am currently using a Mac but I was on PC before and had very similar issues. Teams uses a stupid amount of resources a lot fo the time and especially if you are in a video call it uses so much that often if I am working on stuff whilst on a call it crashes my computer. whenever I search this topic so many people for many years have been highlighting this, is it a just an issue you guys never intend on fixing?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams does not respond to application switching on MacOS

When you use an Apple Computer it allows you to switch easily between applications by selecting Command Tab. This allows you to choose the app you want to switch to. Unfortunately the Micorsoft Coders have not realised this and it is poorly coded and does not work. Other Micorsoft Apps do work like OneNote, but Teams has not been coded properly. Could you please fix it. Am using all the newest MacOS system software and recent hardware.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Camera/Mic should NEVER default to "on"

Camera defaults to "on" during when you are invited to unscheduled meetings. Cannot override this setting.

Need option to say "ask everytime" before turning on camera or mic regardless of how you are joined to a meeting.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams does not regain focus when in background desktop on secondary monitor

On my second monitor, I have 5 desktops. One desktop hosts my chat programs, teams, slack, flowdock.

When teams app is not in focus, meaning not the visible app on my second monitor and another desktop is in focus on the second monitor, using cmd+tab or clicking the teams icon on the dock does not bring the teams window into focus.

It does show in the system menu bar as active application, however, I have to manually navigate to the desktop containing teams on the second monitor.

This is different behavior than any other application on my mac. Cmd+tab or…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications & minimized teams window not working on Mac

notifications doesn't work properly and shows empty notification message, same for minimized teams window. It shows just a window or notification with no content on it. Mac BigSur Beta 8 (20A5374i)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notifications don't display Text

I am currently running the Big Sur Beta and when I receive notifications from teams I can see the blue box that appears in the corner and then I can see the profile and username but the rest of the box is devoid of any information, eg the start to whatever message or call I am apart of.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: Play button on MacBook TouchBar triggers a ringing sound after Team calls

Whenever I finish a call in Teams, and want to play some music, I press the "play" button of the music control of my MacBook's TouchBar. Instead of music playing, I ringing sound starts playing which gives the impression someone would be calling me or that I'd be calling someone, even though no call is happening. Pressing pause on the TouchBar stops the sound, but pressing play starts it all over again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Links to web addresses no longer open browser in foreground

Previously in Teams, when I'd click a link in Teams chat, it would open my browser in the foreground.

Ever since a recent Teams update, links within Teams no longer open in the foreground; instead, the browser opens in the background, behind Teams.

So if Teams is set to take up my entire screen, and I click a link, then it seems as if nothing happens, until I move or minimize Teams.

The problem exists in Firefox and Safari on MacOS. The problem does not affect Chrome.

I've confirmed that I'm running the latest version of the OS and the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Version auto-update failure with Mac OS BigSur and M1 Chip

If I hit check for updates, teams shows there is an update available, and if I click to finish the update Teams hangs and shows only a blank screen, after several minutes I force close it and then Teams returns with the same previous version.

I'm running Teams Version 1.3.00.33671 and Big Sur 11.2.1 (20D74)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams for macOS / Big Sur fullscreen bug

macOS Big Sur (ver.11.2.1)
    MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Teams client for macOS

In macOS,
    After closing the window(cmd+w), when I re-open Teams, force it to full screen.

I think...it must be opened in the same position, before/after closing.

맥 OS에서 윈도우닫기(cmd+w)를 한 후에 팀즈를 다시 열면,
    강제로 전체화면이 됩니다.
    제 생각에 윈도우 닫은 후 다시 열 때 같은 위치, 같은 상태로 열려야 할 것 같습니다.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base