Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug when using track changes in documents

This bug happens when using the track changes feature in documents.

When removing some text, and then copy/past all the text to another platform or application, the removed text is still present in the pasted text. Text which is removed (but still visible as strikethrough text) should not be copy/pasted...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. federated login to Teams client (and to Office365 website) not working from a Linux system

Hello - here is some feedback on a problem I have encountered when using the Linux Teams client (also submitted as a comment at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/39946210-microsoft-teams-web-stuck-in-redirect-loop-after , in response to another user seemingly having the same problem). Potentially the same problem is affecting Office365 website logins from Linux (see below):

• I installed teams1.3.00.5153amd64.deb onto Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

• I can start up Teams, and sign in with my personal microsoft/skype account usename/password, and everything works

• If instead I log in using my work ID (federated company sign-in), behaviour is exactly as per Anton's video (see uservoice page linked to above).…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Details of polls are not shown in the app by saying that the app is not installed

I use the ms teams app (on an android phone) and wanted to see all details of a poll in within a group, so I pushed the button 'view all results'.
    It always brought an error saying that the app is not installed (see attachment).
    Is there an extra app for the polls or was there another error?
    If it's the first, please fix it. If it's the latter, please be more specific with the error message.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams Add-in disappears from Outlook - Cannot create New Team Meetings

The Teams addin for Outlook disappears one day.
    The addin folder exists, but Outlook does not load it.

As a result, we cannot create new Teams meetings!

We have x64 installations of Office 365 and Office 2016. Both have worked great with Teams x64 for months and just recently, a random sample of our installations are starting to have this problem:

There are the failed registrations in both the squirrelsetup.log and the teamsaddin log.
    Some of the Team addin versions are 20031.2 and some are 20077.4.

We've been able to fix SOME of them by registering the 20031.2 using:
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sharepoint content type of XLSM does not work in Teams

I have created a content type in Sharepoint based on a .XLSM file type (macro-enabled Excel File)

Works fine in Sharepoint.

When I do a "File New" in teams, it tries to create a .XLSX file and won't let me rename it to change the file extension. Then Excel complains because it's the wrong filetype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When taking screenshots and attempting to share to teams sometimes the screen goes blank without the possibility to select anything until

When taking screenshots and attempting to share to teams sometimes the screen goes blank without the possibility to select anything until i close the app and restart it again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Skype Personal to Teams

Skype Personal to Teams communication does not work for us despite following Redmond's instructions. When will they get this working? Why is this so hard? We spend a rediculous amount of money on Microsoft for this frustration!

!@(&!()&!)@($&!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Start menu stops working

Working from home. Two computers in my home: laptop (with speakers and mic) and desktop (with speakers only). I connect to my work desktop from my home desktop using Citrix Workspace. I open parallel Teams meetings in the laptop (for the audio portion) and the home desktop (for screen sharing). When I share my screen work desktop screen (via Citrix Workstation), my Start menu (on my work computer) stops working. Whether I use the Windows key or use the mouse cursor to click the Start menu, the Start menu no longer seems to open. A reboot of my work computer…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tui đã tương tác trong nhóm và gửi đi hôm sau tự nhiên không tương tác trong nhóm được mong sửa chữa lỗi sớm di

Sau mỗi tham gia cuộc họp sẽ được nhận thông báo kiểm tra lỗi xem nó có bị gì không

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel Tabs are re-arranged when working on Excel in Teams

When I navigate to the Teams Channel, Files tab and open an Excel file in the full client to insert some formulas etc. Teams (or some bug) keeps re-arranging the order of the tabs.

This is also in the public uservoice: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40110322-excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Not yet mature

No search function, no undo, clunky to use.

WhatsApp is far superior for short messages (eg, show preview for internet links).

Email is fast better for long messages (eg formatting, undo).

Good for conferences but nothing else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Visualização dos vídeos dos participantes em uma conferência

Incluir recurso de visualizar todos os participantes de uma mesma conferência, não de apenas quatro. Também, a opção de escolher qual dos participantes será exibido em tela cheia, assim, será possível melhor interação entre os participantes.

Oferecer emotions para uso dos participantes de uma vídeo conferência.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screen sharing display on dual-monitor VC setup

In a meeting room with a dual-monitor VC setup, if a remote participant shares his / her screen, then the image is sent on the same monitor as the video.

Expected behavior: the image is sent to the 2nd monitor (1 monitor for the video, 1 monitor for the screen sharing).

If a participant shares his / her screen from the meeting room (HDMI cable), it works as expected.

It was previously working as expected. The issue seems to have appeared with version 1.3.00.362.

Note : Bluejeans gateway for MS Teams is used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SharePoint lists aren't appearing in SharePoint app when created from Excel

If a SharePoint list is created by exporting from Excel, it isn't visible as a choice in the Teams SharePoint app to add to Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams Deep Link (msteams:) not working with double-slash

Using the deep link in OneNote app or OneNote 2016 opens Teams but does not start a chat with the user you included in the link.

Using deep link: msteams:/l/chat/0/0?users=someone@somewhere.com

If I paste that into a web browser it will open Teams and start a chat with someone@somewhere.com. If I create a hyperlink with that in OneNote, it will open Teams but not create a chat with the user.

I noticed in the warning popup window in OneNote 2016 that it's warning me about url:
    msteams://l/chat/0/0?users=someone@somewhere.com (note the double-slash after msteams: instead of a single slash)

That's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Outlook 2016, there was the possibility, when sending messages in outlook, to insert a link to a tab of one note. this function does not

In Outlook 2016, there was the possibility, when sending messages in outlook, to insert a link to a tab of one note.
    this function does not seem available anymore.
    Is it possible to restore it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Github OAuth Broken

I'm trying to add the Github Tab to a Teams channel, but when I enter my credentials for Github, the Authorize button is inactive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. coexistence mode locked by microsoft

After the automatic upgrade, coexistence mode is locked to Teams only. This option is not editable. We are working with big companies who are still using (and will be using for some time) S4B and this option is terrible in this situation. Make this option available to change to islands or S4B only. Who thought this would be a good idea without a global unified upgrade?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base