Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Guest account deleted

I had added two guest users. Now the teams channel shows user deleted, I'm unable to add them back. But somehow when I do a name search, their name appears in the guests list. I can now no longer add anyone outside my org as a guest user. I have checked the Azure active directory- and the name of the guest users are being shown there. But these users cannot access the teams - they get an error message stating ' you are not a part of this team'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. guest unknown user

When a guest user is in a team, the collapsed thing calls guests "Unknown User"

This is annoying because the Teams UI clearly already knows who they are. It makes it annoying to see who replied because you have to expand and scroll it manually.

If it would just say something like "3 replies from you, Adam, and Jack (Guest)" that would be much more useful than "and Unknown User"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. A guest does not be displayed in the lobby waiting in channel conference

In Teams, if I hold a "meeting now" from a channel, I can get a meeting-specific URL from the top of the meeting participant list.
    By sharing this URL with channel members and with non-channel members, anyone who clicks the URL can join and hold a meeting at any time.

This URL can also be used by guest members (not channel members). When the guest member joins the meeting, the guest waits in the lobby, so that the channel member can join the meeting by approving the guest.

However, when a channel member starts a meeting first and a guest…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to add a guest because Team doesn’t revert with right suggestion

I attempted to add a GUEST to our team. I had no other choice than adding him as a MEMBER of the team. I don’t want him to be a member because a member can get access to other teams in our organization.

The Guest email is t##@##.com. I added him as a guest by inputing a wrong email address t##@##.com.tr, so i removed it from our team. Now when I tried adding him as a guest, Team doesn’t give me a suggestion of “add t##@##.com as a Guest”. It only gives me suggestion of either “add t##@##.com as a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams Fails on login using MS 2FA

I downloaded teams app and logged in. all worked fine the first time and I had access to the Teams site where I am a Guest user (different company to mine). After I logged out and tried to log back in again using the app I got an error after I entered my username (Email) and password. instead of asking for the 2FA code the screen reported an error as below

"If that doesn't work, try signing out and back in.
    desktop-956b96bb-cd09-46f8-9aee-92dd908ace7b
    Error code - caa2000b"

Now when I click to open the app it fails in this way every…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MS Teams

Dear all,

I have problems. I cannot add external users and this problems have been repeated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Guest users can see other users details and contact them

Guest permissions are not fully functional, guest users can enumerate users and see others details. Please see attached.
    When we have guest users in a team we don't expect them to see others' names and emails. We could deactivate the ability to create a chat inside Teams, but they can still see others email addresses.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MFA challenge bug

On my account, I have access to several guest Teams. MFA is enabled on my account. For no reason, access to one of those guest Teams doesn't work anymore (used to work); switching to other Teams works. The process (and what it should be):
    * My Teams/other guest Teams: Logon > MFA approval dialog > Approve on phone > Default team shows > Switch in app > app shows Team selected
    * Problem Guest Team: Logon > MFA approval dialog > Approve on phone > Default Team shows > Switch to problem team > MFA approval dialog > no approval…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please fix the Microsoft Account / Microsoft 365 chaos - add internal multi-account management (like Outlook)

We deal with a large number of guest users, pushing through over a 100 a week. The Microsoft Account / Microsoft 365 account separation in Teams is a nightmare.

Why cant Teams just auto sign-in to all available realms itself fond against an email address - and challenge the users (very clearly) for any necessary passwords under each service.

We wind up with guest users creating Microsoft Accounts on their email addresses when they needed to use a Work account for their invitation. The account then gets stuck down the Microsoft account rabbit hole and won't release them - in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to switch Tenants disappears

Added someone as a guest to our Tenant.
    Everything appears to work fine when they first click on the link in the email invitation - they can view the team on our Tenant and can see the tenant switch top right, next to their user photo

When they switch back to their original tenant, the tenant switch disappears and they can't get back to the team in our tenant (unless they click on the link in the email invitation again)

happens in both the web app and the windows desktop app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mutingand mics this is a big deal pls read

Maybe try to limit the students access i joined a class where some students muted the professor whilr he was giving the lecture, so i was hoping if you could add a new feature where only the organizer can control who mutes and unmutes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. unable to admit people through the lobby

Unable to admit people through the lobby - pretty self explanatory. Would not work even after shutting down everything including laptop. Flash and anything like that is up to date by our IT team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. External Presenter in Live Event keeps getting added as an attendee instead

We are trying to set up an external presenter in Teams Live event and they cannot join to present because it keeps adding them in as an attendee. This defeats the purpose of using Live Events as a platform to do these presentations.

We have done this before several times but only now the issue is showing up. It is not a matter of allowing external users or all the other simple fixes that might be applied here. This is with experienced Teams users and has just recently begun to occur on our Tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Phone number is easily showing to others. The mischief would definitely get profit by this by stealing contact number of girls for any reaso

Phone number is easily showing to others. The mischief would definitely get profit by this by stealing contact number of girls for any reason

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding Users shows as Unknow user

When I try to add some members on a tea (directly from the desk app) it show me the user, but when I click on it and press add it shows as Unknow User... it happens only with 8 usesr

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I can'n edit my name

Can't edit my name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Private channels - not reporting membership correctly

We have recently started using Private Channels to allow external guest users to access our Teams. We have an issue where guests were added to a Team but the users were not being reported correctly (i.e. the totals were wrong and sometimes the listed people had people missing). The update log that is stored in the channel seems correct, but the interface doesn't correctly display who has access to the private channel.

Have these inconsistencies been seen before?

Not being able to reliably see who has access to a private channel is a serious issue for us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base