Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No background option for Guest users

Hi Team,

If we invite someone as a guest via Teams, the person does not have option of multiple background images like the admin has.
    This needs to be fixed since most of the people join as a guest in an interview where they need to put their Camera ON so in this case they might want to change their background. Have attached a pic.for reference.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lobbybombing bug for school users.

So, I have a multiuser tenant which runs a secondary school, what we have witnessed is students abusing the lobby notification feature using the anonymous access via the meeting url.

So, a legitimate student joins the class video call.
    They get the meeting join URL from the ellipsis menu\meeting info.
    They paste that into an incognito browser window and join via the anonymous feature whereby they are asked to enter a name.
    They either enter the name of another student in the meeting to fool the teacher in to thinking they are legitimate or type anything and constantly request to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. New Guests users are not found in teams via DisplayName

A few days ago, any new Guest users cannot be found when searching for them in Teams.These are users that have been onboarded to AAD outside of Teams.

The only way to add them is to search by email in the search bar, then go to the Team, then the Guest is found.
    Have logged a support ticket, but I got told it's by design.

This only started occurring a few days go, and now it's complex for a user to add a Guest to a team without knowing their email address (ie can't add by name until the cache?…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. major issue with the product design of the MS teams App as a result of the guest structure accessibility

Dear smart MS teams global product design innovation team!!!

my feedback:

The guest access rules are designed in a way, that create a lot of problems in collaboration of different companies and really gives me and my customers a lot of frustration. We are forced to use MS teams, because of the Microsoft success in Germany and Europe with it's strong data security regulations... But we start to really hate it.

Why:

21 century businesses are build on cross organisational collaboration.
    The structure of the MS Teams application design is meant for internal company use. COVID boosted the need to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Guest unable to change tenant

I've added a guest to our Team, but when he opens Team he doesn't get an option for our tenant.
    I'm unable to replicate with other guests - they just work.
    On the webapp / desktop app he doesn't get the option to change between his home and guest tenancy.
    If we use the direct link to the Team it works on Webapp, full with the option to change to his home tenancy, if we change it to his home tenant the option to change disappears.
    I've deleted his account in AAD and try again but still happens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Guest account deleted

I had added two guest users. Now the teams channel shows user deleted, I'm unable to add them back. But somehow when I do a name search, their name appears in the guests list. I can now no longer add anyone outside my org as a guest user. I have checked the Azure active directory- and the name of the guest users are being shown there. But these users cannot access the teams - they get an error message stating ' you are not a part of this team'

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. guest unknown user

When a guest user is in a team, the collapsed thing calls guests "Unknown User"

This is annoying because the Teams UI clearly already knows who they are. It makes it annoying to see who replied because you have to expand and scroll it manually.

If it would just say something like "3 replies from you, Adam, and Jack (Guest)" that would be much more useful than "and Unknown User"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A guest does not be displayed in the lobby waiting in channel conference

In Teams, if I hold a "meeting now" from a channel, I can get a meeting-specific URL from the top of the meeting participant list.
    By sharing this URL with channel members and with non-channel members, anyone who clicks the URL can join and hold a meeting at any time.

This URL can also be used by guest members (not channel members). When the guest member joins the meeting, the guest waits in the lobby, so that the channel member can join the meeting by approving the guest.

However, when a channel member starts a meeting first and a guest…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable to add a guest because Team doesn’t revert with right suggestion

I attempted to add a GUEST to our team. I had no other choice than adding him as a MEMBER of the team. I don’t want him to be a member because a member can get access to other teams in our organization.

The Guest email is t##@##.com. I added him as a guest by inputing a wrong email address t##@##.com.tr, so i removed it from our team. Now when I tried adding him as a guest, Team doesn’t give me a suggestion of “add t##@##.com as a Guest”. It only gives me suggestion of either “add t##@##.com as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams Fails on login using MS 2FA

I downloaded teams app and logged in. all worked fine the first time and I had access to the Teams site where I am a Guest user (different company to mine). After I logged out and tried to log back in again using the app I got an error after I entered my username (Email) and password. instead of asking for the 2FA code the screen reported an error as below

"If that doesn't work, try signing out and back in.
    desktop-956b96bb-cd09-46f8-9aee-92dd908ace7b
    Error code - caa2000b"

Now when I click to open the app it fails in this way every…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MS Teams

Dear all,

I have problems. I cannot add external users and this problems have been repeated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Guest users can see other users details and contact them

Guest permissions are not fully functional, guest users can enumerate users and see others details. Please see attached.
    When we have guest users in a team we don't expect them to see others' names and emails. We could deactivate the ability to create a chat inside Teams, but they can still see others email addresses.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MFA challenge bug

On my account, I have access to several guest Teams. MFA is enabled on my account. For no reason, access to one of those guest Teams doesn't work anymore (used to work); switching to other Teams works. The process (and what it should be):
    * My Teams/other guest Teams: Logon > MFA approval dialog > Approve on phone > Default team shows > Switch in app > app shows Team selected
    * Problem Guest Team: Logon > MFA approval dialog > Approve on phone > Default Team shows > Switch to problem team > MFA approval dialog > no approval…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Peope who are not added in group can attend the class through link.

People who are not added in those group must not able to attend in other's group class through link that he haven't added .The group made by any organization should be secure . While scheduled meeting and running class link should be different .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Presentation settings for scheduled meetings automatically changed to "Only Me" when "Everyone" had been set previously.

I had scheduled a week's worth of meetings occurring M-F for a virtual training. On Wednesday afternoon, my instructors stopped being able to present unless they were marked as Presenters. The meeting settings showed that "Everyone" could present, but marking instructors as Presenters fixed the issue.

Upon reviewing the meeting settings again this morning, all the meeting settings had been changed to "Only Me" can present. This occurred for all scheduled meetings, including those in which the issue had not occurred earlier in the week. I have manually adjusted all of my scheduled meetings to change the setting back to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. planner issue with assigning tasks to team members in list view

In Planner on teams users cannot assign new tasks to team members in the list view. When user clicks the button to assign the task, a search bar comes up. When any team member's name is searched, a message appears that says "Sorry, we couldn't load the team members list. Try again later."
    This issue has persisted on Microsoft Teams PC app, Mac App, and in browser despite updates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. linux app crashes when changing orgs

My linux desktop app v1.4.00.13653 (64 bit) crashed on Linux Mint 20.02 when switching to another org. Please address this, this is one of the examples where the linux client does not have parity with the Windows, Android, iOS and Mac clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cannot Switch to Guest Tenant from Personal Account

I have an account which I used in Teams Personal. The same account then was invited to a tenant as a guest user.
    When I'm in that tenant as guest user, I have the option to switch to Teams Personal. However, once I'm in Teams Personal, I have no means to change back to my guest tenant. The only way to go there is through the link in original invitation email.

And of course I can only access my guest tenant in web. I can't even use the application at all as it just take me to Teams Personal even…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base