Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams missing option to open word docs in Desktop Word App

Many of my end users are reporting that as of today 04/01/2020 that when viewing a MS Word file in teams the option to open in MS Word is now missing. The only options available now are "Open in Browser" or "Download". However, when viewing a Excel document the option to open in Excel is still available. Users are stating this option was available up until today. Is this caused by an update in MS Teams? I did read today that this was removed for the education license is only effected by this change. My company is not on an…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to upload files on Chat via "drag and drop" as well as "attachment" tab.

I am unable to upload a file to send using both drag & drop or the attachment tab. Whenever i do either one, the file will appear to be loading only to dissapear in a bit. An error message then appear saying that the file is unable to load due to heavy loading.
    The file is less than 1GB in both pdf and ppt format. However my colleague have no issue sending the same file to me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Unable to link Google Drive to Teams Desktop App

When I attempt to link my Gooogle Drive account to Teams, I'm able to initiate the process of adding cloud storage. But after allowing access to my Drive account, the application stays in processing and does not finish set-up. The progress circle remains in the browser and on Teams (see attached screenshots). I have also attempted to utilize different browsers but the error remains the same. However, I am able to view my Google Drive files when I use the web app (see attached). The desktop app is where I am facing this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Keep both" files only works once

When using the 'move' function to move a file into a folder where the file has the same name as another file in the folder, Teams prompts and asks if you'd like to replace the file at the destination, or keep both files. Choosing 'keep both' appends a "(1)" to the end of the new file. Great. Cool.

The bug I found is when I try to repeat this process with another file of the same name as the first two; file.txt and file(1).txt. After getting the duplicate file name prompt, I click "Keep both" and nothing happens. The prompt…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I cannot access my work via phone at all

I cannot access files via phone at all

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sending multiple pictures requires selecting one at a time

It makes no sense the current framework for selecting multiple pictures from the mobile app. After clicking the gallery icon I can't long press to select multiple pictures like every other app allows. Instead I have to select a picture, then wait for it to open full screen, then select the + icon have the gallery screen open, select the next picture because again I can't multi select and keep repeating. The usability of the office online products has been extremely disappointing and the fact that mobile products are so poorly designed really makes me strongly consider switching the business…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Word Files are opend incorrecly

When we open Word files directly in teams, tables and images are often moved and teaching characters and nter are added.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Preview on file explorer does not work

We have syncronized the teams files to the file explorer . You can only see a preview of them once you have saved them locally (Opened them).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I am unable to send video or voices files.

When I try to send any video or voice files I get the message showing on the screenshot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can't tap links in Excel documents on Teams iOS app

There's a bug where iOS app users cannot tap links in Excel sheets inside Teams. It works fine on Android; the issue is with iOS. This is really important for my organization.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel File Preview doesn't show attached objects

We are migrating to using TEAMS instead of a shared file server. Recently I started using Excel to load all the pictures, information, and PDF's we need on specific customer orders. Everything looks okay in the file view except for the inserted OBJECT PDF.

The work around we have found is that you have to download the entire file to your local PC/Phone and it then shows the attached PDF.

Is there something we are missing?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. unable to update file name

I have an error message when I want to modify name of a file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. unable to give access to files

Not all of my colleagues inside a group chat are able to access uploaded files. They have to request access, which sends me an email and I try to "approve" however the request fails.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. reach the storage limit

I can't find where I can know the utilization of the file storage in my team when I get the message " you've reached the storage limit, please update. In fact , there only fewer than 1 GB files in the teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cannot open a .dotx file within Teams

Cannot open a MS Word .dotx file within Teams - but I can open .docx - is this deliberate or a bug?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unable to open Word files in Word

I can open PPT and Excel files in Powerpoint and Excel, respectively, shared with me in a chat group, but I cannot open Word files in Word. I recieve the pop-up telling me "Opening Word" but the file never opens. (This also is happening to me in Sharepoint). I can only open the files in Word Online, which does not provide all the functionality I need.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. After deleting upload to an assignment, uploading a file with the same name still adds number to the end as if it is a duplicate

If I upload a file to an assignment, for example called "document", and then I remove this file from the assignment, it should reset, but instead if i reupload a with the same name "document" it is uploaded as "document 1" instead. If I remove this file, then upload "document" again, it is uploaded as "document 2" and so on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Difficulty in hang in homework

When teacher asks us to hang in homework, I attach the pdf file as well as click print out so my teacher can mark it. However, there's sometimes that the pdf file went missing in the onenote file I hang in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base