Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Url in files

Les simples liens vers une adresse URL ne s'ouvrent pas dans l'onglet Fichiers de l'application TEAMS. Il faut passer par SharePoint...
    POURQUOI?
    Il serait très utile de pouvoir visualiser un lien vers une adresse url dans l'application TEAMS sans passer par SharePoint: " FRIENDLY USER " !!!
    Beaucoup de types de fichiers peuvent être visualisés directement dans les fichiers de TEAMS, mais pas un lien URL?????
    Les liens url sont activables et ouverts lorsque partagés dans l'onglet Publications, mais pas dans l'onglet Fichiers?????
    Come on!!! Take 8 minutes and fix that! It's just annoying!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Close button breaks after a while

When a file is left open for a while in the browser, clicking close does not close the file, only brings up the tab on the left. Pressing close again does nothing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Word files loses heading numbering

We are editing a word file in Teams. It loses its heading numbering from time to time and then brings them as suddenly back as it removed them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I’m having to submit a file for an assignment, and it won’t work. I saved it again, and that file is okay, but I cannot remove the others.

I’m having to submit an assignment, but for some reason some of the files won’t work. I saved them as a different file and added them on, and they work fine, but I can’t remove the ones having issues.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. App crashes when attempting to open files

App immediately closes when I attempt to open files such as PowerPoints

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG: Teams Pinned Folder in Files will get Stuck if you delete the folder via Sharepoint

If you pin a folder within a Teams channel in the 'file' tab, then you delete the folder via Sharepoint or OneDrive (if delete the folder outside of Teams) then Teams will continue to pin the non-existent folder to the Teams Channel in the 'File' tab.
    Methods I have attempted to fix this issue include:
    1. Creating a new folder with the same name in teams and trying to 'unpin'
    2. Restoring deleted folder and trying to 'unpin' in teams
    3. Restoring deleted folder and trying to 'rename' in teams
    4. Restoring deleted folder and trying to 'delete' in teams…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pasted images in chat or channels are not uploaded on files or onedrive

It's a bug:

• while attached images (via the attach button) are correctly uploaded on the channel's files, if I paste an image into a new post or reply it won't be uploaded into channel's (sharepoint) files.
    • the same happens for chat conversations: the pasted image is not uploaded on onedrive.
    • images "attached" from Teams mobile app via images/camera icon suffer the same bug.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Las carpetas agregadas en el apartado general de un equipo solo se pueden ver en la computadora mas no en la aplicación

Corregir el error de la aplicación para que las carpetas también se muestren en el apartado de archivos

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sharing a file of the same name asks me "Keep Both" more than once

If I shared an Index.htm file to a conversation each week as an ad-hoc report result, each time I share it it says there is already a file called "Index.htm" and asks me what I want to do.

I choose "Keep both", and am immediately told there is already a file called "Index(1).htm" and asks me what to do

I choose "Keep both", and am immediately told there is already a file called "Index(2).htm" and asks me what to do

I choose "Keep both", and am immediately told there is already a file called "Index(3).htm" and asks me what to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excel file in Teams - Can't change specific text color in a column

When want to change specific text color, whole text color will be applied in the column.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Folder-Connection between Sharepoint and Teams

Please enable the possibility to EITHER be able to delete the registercard "FIles" in Teams, or to be able to choose which Folder oder Folderlibrary I want to synchronize with the registercard "FIles" in Teams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. opening files

Hi there! When I open a file with the desktop app, it will reopen on its own shortly after opening the file. For example, I go into MS Teams, click on the three dots next to a file, and say "Open in Desktop App". It will open, and I start working on the file. Shortly after, either the file reopens on its own, or iI will get a warning window asking me if I'm sure I want to reopen the file. There doesn't seem to be any way to get this to stop. I have found several other users experiencing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Files don't exist in channels in mobile app android 1416/1.0.0.2019052301

The file-tab is gone. You can't find it and it's not available under More.
    I've tried different users and reinstalled the app etc. It's the same problem in all Teams. I can open attachments in conversations, that are saved in the team and channel.

It works fine in iOs, same users.

Version teams 1416/1.0.0.2019052301
    Version samsung G965FXXU4CSE3/G965FOXM4CSE3/G965FXXU4CSE1

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Filename does not appear in Taskbar

When I am in the main Teams window (Windows 10 app) and open a file there (within "Files"), its name does not appear in the Windows taskbar. The taskbar shows (using a Word doc as an example) "Docx File Viewer | Microsoft Teams" instead of "[Filename] | Microsoft Teams." Same is true for Excel files ("XLSX File Viewer....").

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to print Word documents in Teams Files Viewer

We are unable to print Word documents in Teams Files Viewer.

Open Word document > Go to File > Print > Print >
    We get a blank preview and no print option in popup box. If you click "Open a printable PDF of your document" it takes you to a broken link (404 error)

Happening in multiple client locations and on our work and personal machines.

We have tried (all without success): Log out / in, Re-install, Clear Cache, remove all trace from %appData%.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Image attaching issue on Teams Mobile app

While attaching image in a chat or group using team mobile app in horizontal mode, I am unable to attach image if post clicking when i click on Done and again rotate my screen to potrait mode. Images tends to disappear and also teams app is getting crashed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams shows "unknown error" on closing the excel editing status popup

1 --- I opened the excel file in teams group chat files tab, then clicked on open excel in desktop app.
    2 --- Now the excel default pop-up saying resume editing here or send feedback is displaying
    3 --- When I click the close icon then teams navigates to unknown error page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto -fill does not work for Excel sheet opened in MS Teams

When I open an Excel sheet in Files in MS Teams and want to enter series 1,2,3..in column by dragging the fill handle , then it doesn't work .
    As I start series ,by entering 1 in the column and then dragging the fill handle ,only 1 is copied through the entire column and not series.
    This create a lot of problem when we insert or delete any row in excel and want to update the series
    This is a big drawback with updating Excel sheet in MS Teams .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allwo users to change the download destination

When I click to download a file from Teams to my computer, I am not given an option to choose the download destinations. All files go to the default download folder, from where I have to move them to the proper destination manually. Please allow users to change the download destination.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Word documents lose list styles

I have a template which includes properly created list styles for headings and bullets. I create a number of documents from this template and upload them to the new Teams site for editing by the contributors. At first all is well. Eventually though, someone will tell me that the numbering is missing in a document. I go in, and sure enough, none of the headings are numbered now. If I click the list styles, the "Numbered Headings" list style is gone. To fix it, I have a macro that links back to the template, updates the styles, and then unticks…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base