Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Voicemail plays back through default Windows device, should use own settings

I have Teams configured to use my headset: https://i.imgur.com/PNaltEM.png

Except when I playback voicemail, it plays through the current default Windows speaker device - my speakers which everyone can hear.

It should IMO playback using the Speaker setting in Teams with option to change the device easily during playback

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UI went grey, and is now hard to read

Teams UI went grey over all the UI on Windows 10, not on OSX. I'm not offline or anything. Its really annoying and hard to read.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Occasional crash in Desktop " We ran into an issue" then needing to restart the app.

Frequent error, noticed more frequently on desktop app if user also has teams app on mobile signed in.

Tue Oct 01 2019 23:12:13 GMT+0100 (GMT Daylight Time) <12064> -- event -- name: desktoploadingwindowtimernotset, eventpdclevel: 2,

Tue Oct 01 2019 23:12:13 GMT+0100 (GMT Daylight Time) <12064> -- info -- Setting the taskbar overlay icon - Available
    Tue Oct 01 2019 23:12:13 GMT+0100 (GMT Daylight Time) <12064> -- info -- emit status indicator state change from Available to GeneralError
    Tue Oct 01 2019 23:12:13 GMT+0100 (GMT Daylight Time) <12064> -- info -- Setting the taskbar overlay icon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Microsoft teams crash when opening attachment window and drag&drop a file

Hello,

When you click attachment icon and press "Upload from my computer" a window opens to select what you want to attach. If you drag&drop the file into the chat and close the window then it crashes. The file was already sent before so when you are prompted to select replace, keep both or cancel you cannot press anything as it crashes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Microsoft teams crash when opening attachment window and drag&drop a file

Hello,

When you click attachment icon and press "Upload from my computer" a window opens to select what you want to attach. If you drag&drop the file into the chat and close the window then it crashes. The file was already sent before so when you are prompted to select replace, keep both or cancel you cannot press anything as it crashes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. open in desktop app will open blank window

When selecting "open in desktop app", the application will launch but the window will be blank, no errors are generate. We have seen this with all apps, excel, powerpoint, word, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams Application Error, while switching to a guestchannel

The User we are talking about got invited to our teams (as guest).
    Switching to the guest - session leads to a long loadingscreen. Afterwards we get the message "something went wrong". If we try to restart the application teams takes the wrong login credentials automatically and crashes (Errorcode: 0x5cdee87a). (we don´t get the chance to change these) Reinstalling and reinviting changed nothing about this problem.
    Switching to the guest account in web works just fine, as well as in remotedesktop session (windows application).

We tried to uninstall the Teams application as clean as possible (Teams, teams machine-wide installer, appdata-/…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to approve control request is disabled

The option in Teams to allow someone control of my computer is grayed out. Updating graphics driver and reinstalling Teams did not help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Deleted teams not being removed in Teams Clients

We are doing a lot of testing of bulk creation of teams. Oncewe find issues with those Teams we are deleting those teams but these are not immediately updated in the Teams client. Deleted Teams can hang about for anything up to a couple of hours.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I was logged out and now I can't log back in.

The login screen shows, then click login, splash screen shows then disappears and the program crashes with:

Faulting application name: Teams.exe, version: 1.2.0.19260, time stamp: 0x5cdee87a
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc000041d
    Fault offset: 0x000002935e400fe0
    Faulting process id: 0x1ed4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Full name instead of e-mail address for external users

Users outside organisation appear as e-mail addresses instead of their full names.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can't see my Teams in the sidebar

When I click on the Teams icon in the sidebar, I should be able to see the Teams that I am subscribed to, but clicking on the button does nothing.

My Android phone app is a little better, but I can't create new channels within the Teams. Teams is a useful app, but its use is still quite buggy and annoying in many areas.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unable to search for Teams in the desktop or web browser client.

I am unable to search for teams on the desktop (win 10) or web browser version. I have attached an image of what I see. It oddly does work on mobile iOS or Android though. This is the same with everyone within my orgnaisation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Outlook 2019 crashes Windows 10

On regular occasions the Outlook 2019 will not start. A restart of Windows 10 is required, However, Windows 10 does not restart. A complete power down is required to restart WINDOWS 10. t
    Then Windows will restart and then Outlook 2019 app will run normally until the next App malfunction

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to access MS treams on Desktop when trying to access a different channel

I am unable to use MS teams on desktop. I get a blank window when trying to access a different channel. I am guest on the channel that i am trying to switch too. I am able to access it on the web app.
    The desktop app is crashing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. using touch on windows is not working

I can't use Teams with touch enabled devices on windows. Either kill touch devices for windows or provide a client capable of using touch input. Scrolling in the files tab does not work with touch for surface Book surface Go or any touch enabled device. Teams is a new product. If new Microsoft products do not use new features in windows stop selling more expensive touch devices, eliminate touch API or make a product that uses HW features described as being the future.

This Windows OS as second class citizen approach only means stop developing on windows and stop caring…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Speed Dial/Contact Naming Issues

If I try to include someone's nickname in the Full Name field of a contact I'm adding to my Speed Dial list, I get an invalid name error. The problem seems to be that the field doesn't like the use of quotation marks around the nickname. Yes, I know, I could use other than quotation marks, but that's conventional. Please fix this rather than asking me to adopt a new convention.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. conversations not visible in desktop

Channel conversations have disappeared on the Desktop version, but they're still there--visible on the web app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. German Umlaute in saved E-Mails are wrongly displayed

If a E-Mail is saved in a Group and will be displayed via Desktop Client the German Umlauts will wrongly displayed.
    I attached E-Mail to show the effects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Click on 3 dots in favorites list doesn't work for general channels

If you click on the 3 dots of a general channel in the favorites list, the option menu will not be shown. if you select a general channel and click on the 3 dots next to the title (above the conversations), the option menu shows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base