Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. audio input (microphon) not working in Linux client - 1.3.00.958 (64-bit).

I have Team running an W10 PC and and on my main machine, *buntu, 18.04. On the latter I can't get for my life audio / microphone working. I tried a number of microphones with the self test under devices, but nothing can be heard. The ensuing summary always states that everything was okay.
    What makes me suspicious: On the W10 machine, after the beep I have time to say a few words which are replayed later. On the Linux client, the 'beep' is almost immediately followed by the 'if you have ...' message.
    The microphone is connected at startup…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Calls groups functionality greatly hampered

The Calls page has changed to such an extent that is has become just about unusable.

Originally the groups took up most of the space of the view.

I have several groups and I could tell by simply scanning the group what the group members were up to and reach out to free members as necessary.

In the latest build the "History" has become the dominant element, pushing the groups into a narrow strip on the right. Furthermore the view no longer remembers the expand/collapse state of the groups.

Furthermore it has become impossible to add/create/delete or generally manage the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Linux App can't login to organization as guest anymore

I'm using the official Teams Desktop Client for Linux (.deb). Since about 1 or 2 weeks, I cannot login to an organization's team that invited me as a guest. When I am logged in to my primary organization within the desktop app and try to switch to the other organization, it opens up in the desktop app for about 1 second, then closes, and opens my primary organization again. If I use a test account that is only a member of the guest organization, the desktop client immediately goes back to the "Choose organization" page after I chose the guest…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams not passing along Hybrid Azure AD join status in some cases

My organization has implemented a Conditional Access Policy in Azure AD that prevents Windows computers from connecting to several cloud applications (O365, Azure DevOps, etc.) unless that device is Hybrid Azure AD joined.

From my work computer, I can run the desktop Teams client just fine, and I can log into Azure DevOps from a web browser just fine. However, when I try to add a Teams channel connector to Azure DevOps, I get blocked by the above policy. This same error occurs if I try to set up an Azure DevOps connector in a Power Automate flow via the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Microphone not closed after meeting (Linux)

After leaving a meeting in the Teams Desktop client, Pulseaudio reports that the microphone is still in use by "Skype" (I assume this is a misnomer for Teams).

Please ensure the microphone is closed properly after ending a call.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cannot use "Include computer sound" setting with a PowerPoint presentation file

Please fix Teams so that the "Include computer sound" option works when directly sharing a PowerPoint presentation file (listed on the right side of the share panel).

When sharing content in a Teams meeting, if you enable the "Include computer sound" setting and then select a PowerPoint presentation file, nothing is shared. The only way to share a PowerPoint presentation that includes sound in a Teams meeting is to open the PowerPoint presentation in the PowerPoint desktop app or web app, click Teams' share button, enable the "Include computer sound" setting, then select that PowerPoint app (not directly select the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sign in linux

Organization account signs out on Linux when closing en re-opening teams. Happens on any linux distribution I tried. Seems to be related to organizations that require to sign in but on windows it remembers this sign-in and doesn't prompt again like in Linux.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Formatted Word Document displays incorrectly in Teams App, but displays fine in Word Desktop App

When viewing a formatted Word document in the Teams app for Windows, the formatting displays all wrong. Yet, when you "Open in Desktop App", the formatting is correct. In the attached images, one document is formatted using a simple two row table header with an image, and the other document is an agenda with a tabbed space between the time and the topic.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can’t use reply feature in Desktop app

You can use reply feature on Mobile app but you don’t have the same feature on Desktop app. If this is not a bug then I must ask: can you add it? App feature should be consistent and I don’t think adding this to Desktop App is that of bid deal. If anything it helps communication; isn’t that what MS team is all about?

OS

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. No whiteboard support in 1 - 1 conversation

Whiteboard seems to be available only in a meeting setting, and it is not easy to find. Would be useful to have access to the whiteboard during 1 - 1 chat as well

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Window won't close nor minimize in Wayland (Sway WM)

Clicking on application-drawn "minimize", "maximize", "close" buttons nor window manager shortcuts doesn't do anything.

Open Microsoft Teams Preview app, then try to close it with you usual shortcut or "X" button in the top right corner. Nothing happens.

Debian Linux 64bit Bullsey, Wayland (Sway WM).

Laptop

This is really unexpected behavior, I never seen window refusing to close to window manager shortcut. The only way to close application window is to quit application via context menu on tray icon.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Screen Sharing with 3440 x 1440 Resolution shows as a black screen

Screen Sharing with 3440 x 1440 Resolution shows as a black screen

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Poor Clipboard Capabilities - Cannot select all, copying to clipboard limited to very small amount of text

Using Teams Client - Cannot use CTRL+A to select entire chat message, very difficult to select text in general. Am able to select limited amounts of text by click and drag to select, but even then can only get about 1 screen worth, and if the window happens to scroll while trying to select, lose some of the selection and have to start all over...

This type of thing was the basic functionality of Windows in the past. Notepad supports copy/paste and it is about as simple as you can get. Please fix the basics.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Private chat messages are sometimes not displayed on the client even though notifications arrive

We have seen this happen a couple of times in our organisation:

1) Teams desktop client is running
    2) Somebody writes me a private chat message
    3) I get a notification about the new message, and it's shown in the Activity tab, but not in the actual private chat

After restarting the client, the message is shown normally.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The camera has stopped working after upgrade to Teams Version 1.3.00.30866 (64-bit) on Windows 10

The camera has stopped working after upgrade to Teams Version 1.3.00.30866 (64-bit) on Windows 10. It just shows a blank screen

It displays the following message "Video isn't working
    We couldn't use your webcam for video."

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Active device transfer only working for meetings

While Microsoft consider the user voice item:

'Transfer active call between devices' - done, it can not transfer calls between mobile and desktop. Only meetings.

I am logging this as a bug because the name and content of the user voice item:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/19032928-transfer-active-call-between-devices

Leads one to believe that this works with calls and not just meetings.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. camera freeze

A lot of users have a lot of camera freezes! When they join a meeting the camera works for a few seconds and will freeze. Sound keeps working.
    We tried everything and I'm out of ideas.
    We tried:
    Disable GPU rendering in Teams settings.
    Cleared caching folders in %appdata%\microsoft\teams\
    Updated a lot of drivers (GPU mainly)
    Removed webcam in device manager and detect again
    Added the regkey in Windows Media Foundation (also in wow6432node)
    Removed and reinstalled Teams

Issue seems to be even worse in the latest version (1.3.00.21759 (64-bits)). Clearing caches helps but only for a week or so.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. volume control

Volume control is not local like other programs and it does not save its state.
    Please do not lock it to the windows settings.
    Every meeting and every call, you have to change it in the mixer settings.
    Please Microsoft........ So many bug reports here on volume and it is not being worked on.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Crash (glitch) with emoji and new line

There is an annoying bug (task monitor says glitch) that keeps crashing my Teams.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Write a line ending with an emoji
    2. Hit "shift+enter" to start a new line
    3. In quick succession hit "backspace" (remove the new line) then "enter" to send the message
    4. Teams becomes unresponsive. You have to kill it in task manager and restart it. The message is sometimes already sent or marked as failed

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. video chat don't remember background blur settings

I have to set for the background blur option the every session. When I start a video call direct from a contact it starts always without blur background.

Please keep blur settings from last call.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base