Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Linux Client only polls for audio devices on start up

When using the Teams Linux Client, the client only polls for audio devices on start up. If I connect my headset via bluetooth, I have to
    restart the app. As an alternative, the client could just used the default device exposed my pulse audio.

Client version: 1.3.00.5153 64bit

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Start Teams
    2) Connect Bluetooth headset
    3) Go to Settings -> Devices

Expected Behaviour:
    User would see Device listed under speaker and/or microphone

Actual Behaviour:
    Device is not seen

Possible fixes:
    1) Poll Pulse audio for new devices when going to devices
    2) Use…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams keeps ringing after I pick up a call on PC

My MS teams client on PC sometimes keeps ringing even after I have already picked up the call. I can talk on the call, but it seems as there is another call from the same user ringing or simply teams didn't acknowledge I picked up the call and keeps ringing.

I noticed this happens more often when I have my android tablet logged in as well to teams. I have at the moment a tablet, desk phone (yealink T56A) and android phone logged in as well as my PC desktop client.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLATFORM ERROR WHEN SHARING FILES THROUGH THE WINDOW OPTION

1.- When wanting to share files, some have commented to me that the document, video, etc. that they open during the meeting by clicking the share button is not seen in the "Window" part and it is not seen in the lower part.

2.- So it happens that if we have a file open and we close it during the meeting, by mistake in the platform it continues to appear in the list to share and confuses thinking that we can open it from that window.

3.- It happens in the new meeting experience

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. High CPU on Linux when Teams is idle

I am using teams1.3.00.5153amd64.deb and have found when the app is idle, it is still consuming significant CPU. I ran strace and saw the same pattern running continuously which I think explains it. Can this be fixed?

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cannot keep Contacts Groups collapsed

In the Chat window, under the Contacts tab, there should be a way to keep all the contact groups collapsed. After collapsing all, as soon as I click on a different tab or different area, they all expand again.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MicrosoftTeams PowerShell module v2.0.0 Get-CsOnlineUser Error

With the MicrosoftTeams PowerShell module v2.0.0, New-CsOnlineSession is now deprecated and replaced by Connect-MicrosoftTeams. After a successful Connect-MicrosoftTeams using certificate authentication, Get-CsOnlineUser returns the following error:

Exception calling "GetSteppablePipeline" with "1" argument(s): "Exception calling "GetRemoteNewCsOnlineSession" with "1" argument(s): "Tenant Domain is empty"" At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\MicrosoftTeams\2.0.0\net472\SfBORemotePowershellModule.psm1:9474 char:13
    + $steppablePipeline = $scriptCmd.GetSteppablePipeline($myI ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CmdletInvocationException

Get-CsOnlineUser works properly after Connect-MicrosoftTeams with credential authentication. Thanks for looking into this.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notifications sound without banner

In notifications, there should be an option to have sound play for any item (replies, mentions, etc) without having to turn on banner mode.

We use MS Teams at work. I have a large team (20+ ppl) and also work cross-functionally with a few other teams. This results in me receiving a lot of messages throughout the day. The banners flood my screen, covering up other things I am working on, essentially forcing me to stop what I am working on mid thought to attend to the incoming messages. It would be must more efficient if I had the option…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cannot sign-in into Teams on Linux using smart-card

Due to our security policy users have to sign-in into Teams from VPN and public networks using their client certificates stored on a smart-card (we use ADFS). With Teams desktop client for Linux systems this method does not work anymore: Teams client cannot see a client certificate -> a user cannot choose his/her certificate from smart-card.
    At the same time, the same user can sign-in into Teams web client from Chrome browser running on the same machine using his/her smart-card.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams Linux: Opening Meeting links does not work anymore since version 1.4

I'm using Microsoft Teams on my business notebook for several month without any big issues. Since version 1.4.00.4855 I can't open meetings anymore.

With version 1.3.x opening meeting links worked as expected. The web browser redirecty the link to teams, teams gets the focus and shows the button to join the meeting. Since version 1.4 everything is same except the last step. teams gets the focus but it does not show the button to join the meeting. Instead I see the last used view in teams without any reference to the meeting.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Linux Client not working on gov domain

Trying to use the linux client to connect to teams on the gov network, but just stalls out. Log seems to indicate an invalid url.

Steps:

• Launch preview app.
    • Enter work account ([user]@[domain].com).
    • Enter password.
    • Window closes.
    • Splash screen opens with at "Loading Microsoft Teams" for about 30 seconds.
    • Teams window reopens saying "We've run into an issue" for about 10 seconds.
    • Asks to sign in again. Rinse and repeat.
    22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sending images in chat show as broken links

When copying an image into a chat, it sends and you can see image in chat box, but when clicking to view the larger preview it just shows a broken link for myself and recipient. Another colleague has also had same issue.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You should be able to open teams with run command

Almost all Office apps can be called using the run command in Windows ( windows key + R). Eg. you can use winword to open word; excel for excel, powerpnt for powerpnt.

However, I cannot figure out how to call teams in an efficient manner there. Since the executable is called Teams.exe, I supposed it should be just typing teams there to launch the program.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. keyboard focus when adding a contact

1. Create a contact group
    2. Click …
    3. Click "Add a contact to this group"

Observe that keyboard focus is lost. Instead, it should be transferred to the "Type a name" filed in the modal dialog that appears.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Linux client segmentation fault due to bundled Electron

Start the Teams client for Linux on a system with glibc >= 2.31 and run dmesg in a terminal. You'll see the error:

[56014.941411] SGIvideosync[40006]: segfault at e6 ip 00005648d563ef92 sp 00007f66437fc7c0 error 6 in teams[5648d2b5b000+4bf6000]
    [56014.941417] Code: e8 43 00 00 00 4c 89 f7 e8 db 01 00 00 41 8b 46 10 41 8b 4e 18 c1 e0 0c 25 00 f0 0f 00 c1 e1 14 81 e1 00 00 f0 0f 09 c1 09 d9 <c6> 01 00 81 e3 ff 0f 00 00 c6 03 00 bf 01 00 00 00 e8…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't Change Download Folder

It bothers me that you can't change the default download folder for the app. It worsens when I want to sort different teams's files. I hope they add it as an option.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Autostart

When using the Microsoft Teams machie-wide installer, the Autostart option for Teams can either be enabled or disabled for all users of the machine.

There is no way for the user to change the autostart behaviour within the Teams client.

Especially in multi-user environments like Citrix VirtualApps + Windows Server 2019 this is problematic because the users cannot set the autostart option to their individual liking.

In per-user installation mode of Microsoft Teams the user can change the autostart option. The machine-wide installation should also offer this option.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams treats the incoming call ringtone as media to be controlled, breaking media key functionality.

When using the media keys on my keyboard, Teams treats the incoming call ringtone as media to be controlled. This means that if I hit the play/pause button for the song/video I'm currently playing in another app, Teams toggles the ring tone and continues ringing until I hit the play/pause button again.

Windows 10 Pro: 10.0.19041 Build 19041
    Teams: 1.3.00.28779 (64-bit)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Desktop App restarts itself when closed

Windows 10. When i close the desktop app, it restarts itself - every time.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Profile picture not updating

It has been a headache for both mobile and pc users that the profile pictures of other people are not updating when they change their profile picture. Updating occur only after logout and login. Its a huge problem for all users. Please fix it at the earliest!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base