Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow external users to access group chat

Why isn't it possible to add external users to group chat? It's a big step backwards comparing to Skype for Business and it makes life more difficult for companies working with various clients on a daily basis.

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Screen sharing broken on Linux with 1.3.00.16851

Latest release for Linux 1.3.00.16851 broke screen sharing on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS / i3wm.

Complete screen went black. Only red border and mouse courser visible. Working fine with previews version 1.3.00.5153.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Team desktop client picking low quality video resolution from set offered by web cam.

Teams client is picking 640x360 resolution rather than optimal resolution. This results in sub-par picture quality.

This happens with virtual camera devices like XplitVcam, XsplitBroadcaster and OBS as well as physical cameras like Logitech brio.

I have proven this by removing the 640x360 offered resolution from xsplit XML files (it offers multiple resolutions via dshow and teams picks which it wants to use) - quality improved.

To be clear this is a bug in how team client selects from the dshow resolutions offered.

More here https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-virtual-cam-bad-video-quality-in-teams-skype.118800/

This issue does not affect web client.

confirmed in client version 1.3.00.13565

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Flickering screen when sharing Adobe PDF's.

When sharing an adobe PDF file on application view the document continuously flickers for both the host and guests. the only way to resolve this is to hold down the mouse button. It's so bad we have resulted to Zoom to share screens. Please offer a fix ASAP.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove comfort noise

It seems like Microsoft Teams has a comfort noise: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfort_noise , at least on the Windows Desktop Client - please give us an option to disable it or remove it completely.

Also see:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/background-white-static-noise-even-with-microphones-muted/m-p/1254880

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Screen sharing - drop-downs on browser appear blank

Microsoft Teams made the drop-downs list on Chrome not appears when sharing screen to other users.

Many persons reported that bug in the suggestion forum: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37592302-screen-sharing-drop-downs-on-browser-appear-blan

Windows 10

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. images display inline in chat but not viewer

Images that are posted in chat are not viewable in their original size within Teams. The viewer opens with a broken link to the image.
    Within Teams Windows App
    Reproduce:
    1. Take a screen shot and paste into the chat window.
    2. Click on the image in the chat window.
    3. The image does not display in viewer.

Breaks on Windows 10 Teams App
    Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.17057 (64-bit). It was last updated on 7/1/19.
    Worked before but don't know exactly when it stopped working.
    This works in the Teams webapp.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Flashing Red Border

When screen sharing with Teams and using an external display, the red border around the shared window is flashing instead of being solid. A solid red border is okay, but the flashing red is very distracting. This is specifically when the external display is a ClickShare.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams Outlook Plugin creates meetings with wrong tenant information after tenant switch

I'm using Teams with different customer's tenants. Unfortunately, I'm not able to switch between the tenants directly (described possibility to click on the arrow next to my user’s image is not displayed), so I need to logout and sign into the different tenants manually.
    If I do so, team's outlook plugin doesn't recognize the tenant change for a while and meantime creates meetings in outlook with the tenant ID of the tenant I've been logged in before or – worse – is mixing up the invitations between different calendars (in calendar A the meeting with tenant B credentials will be…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. cannot share system audio- Teams

“ Error occurred while sharing audio” , ‘ could not share System audio” sharing videos/PPT in teams

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Headset mute button behaviour is inconsistent

USB headset mute controls are inconsistent depending on whether the headset is plugged in or not when Teams is started.

It appears that when the headset is plugged in before Teams is started the Mute button does not control the Teams mute button. The Teams mute button does however control the headset OK (confirmed by the LED) If its plugged in after Teams is started, all works OK in both directions.

No limitations listed here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/control-calls-using-a-headset-in-teams-65d6e104-444d-4013-b8c2-f11317dd69a8?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.13565
    Windows 10 17134.1425
    Plantronics C3200

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Freezes

While screensharing using Teams, it often freezes the other programs such as Excel.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot keep Contacts Groups collapsed

In the Chat window, under the Contacts tab, there should be a way to keep all the contact groups collapsed. After collapsing all, as soon as I click on a different tab or different area, they all expand again.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams.exe - Installation has failed Error Pop Up

This error message appeared after a user has logged back into the computer. It looks like Teams is trying to update itself but has failed to.

Temporary workarounds we have done is to remove Teams and download the latest update through the Teams website. But when Teams pushes another update, the same error message will appear.

Another workaround we did is go to C:\ProgramData\User\Microsoft\Teams and set the security permission of that folder so the user has full control.And then do a restart on the machine.

I wanted to ask if anyone has encountered this error and if there's hopefully a…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft Teams Kills all Network Connectivity During Calls

Despite having a good WiFi or Ethernet connection, regardless of which network I'm on, if I join a Microsoft Teams call, all network connectivity stops working and teams simultaneously reports poor call quality and no network connectivity. All this while on an active call which I can see and hear. Here's a full description of symptoms.

Every time I connect to a Teams meeting:

• Incoming call quality is ok. I can hear and see others.

• Outgoing call quality is very poor. Others say my voice is breaking up.

• If I unmute and speak for more than a few seconds, I…
    22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Consuming a lot of Windows memory

Teams are consuming too much computer memory unnecessarily.

Skype for Business consumes less memory than teams.

Resolves this annoying problem as 4GB computers suffer when using the Teams application.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams keeps ringing after I pick up a call on PC

My MS teams client on PC sometimes keeps ringing even after I have already picked up the call. I can talk on the call, but it seems as there is another call from the same user ringing or simply teams didn't acknowledge I picked up the call and keeps ringing.

I noticed this happens more often when I have my android tablet logged in as well to teams. I have at the moment a tablet, desk phone (yealink T56A) and android phone logged in as well as my PC desktop client.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Linux Client not working on gov domain

Trying to use the linux client to connect to teams on the gov network, but just stalls out. Log seems to indicate an invalid url.

Steps:

• Launch preview app.

• Enter work account ([user]@[domain].com).

• Enter password.

• Window closes.

• Splash screen opens with at "Loading Microsoft Teams" for about 30 seconds.

• Teams window reopens saying "We've run into an issue" for about 10 seconds.

• Asks to sign in again. Rinse and repeat.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sending images in chat show as broken links

When copying an image into a chat, it sends and you can see image in chat box, but when clicking to view the larger preview it just shows a broken link for myself and recipient. Another colleague has also had same issue.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base