Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Threaded Reply to Chat On PC. It's on Android and iOS but for some reason not on PC still. Has been on Android and iOS almost a year!

Add Threaded Reply to Chat On PC. It's available on Android and iOS (Since October 2019) but for some reason not on PC in June 2020. Has been on Android and iOS almost a year!

It's great on mobile devices, and especially in an active chat so that folks know what you're replying to. Not sure why it's been 8 months since Android and iOS recevied the ability, and PC is still left out. Seems like an easy thing to enable across all means of access to Teams.

Work f

Workflow for Android shown in attachments.

It's a great feature,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search in a specific chat history

My team is scattered worlwide. Often important information are posted in the chat like a serveur address, some links, etc... What I miss in teams is that the search is not context sensitive, i.e. it starts to search anywhere in Teams but not in the crurent chat history, Skype does this kind of search

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. iOS app crashes when selecting “Chat” tab in reoccurring meeting

We have a reoccurring weekly teams meeting and the chat tab has a long historical conversation with notes from previous occurrences.

Within the past 2 months, I can join the meeting fine and all other features work, but if I select the “Chat” tab in the meeting the whole app crashes.

When I rejoin my sound has been turned off so it took me a while to rejoin the meeting.

This happens for all “Chat” sessions that relate to a reoccurring meeting whether I select the chat in the meeting itself or from my main list of chat sessions. App…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chat freezes very often

I have multiple chats open with colleagues from my office every time I switch to a different conversation it freezes and it doesn't allow me to text anymore I have to wait around three minutes so it can work again

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Chat doesn’t sync between phone and laptop

I am facing this issue when the chat notifications are pushed to my phone even when I am online from laptop. And then are never synced with my laptop chat. Multiple times tried by restarting the app on both phone and laptop but no luck. Ideally if I am available on laptop it should not pop up on my phone, but even if that is not possible atleast I should be able to view the same message from my laptop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Las notificaciones a veces nunca llegan

Nunca me llegan los mensajes en la barra de notificaciones

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am unable to delete messages from external contacts.

I am unable to delete messages from external chats. I can only delete messages from contacts within the company.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Android phone cannot load chat if channel has video recording clips

Android phone cannot load chat if channel has video clips and many images posted

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chat in a Teams meeting goes to all invitees, but should only go to those who join

Meetings often include many invitees, and not all people need to join every meeting instance. For those who do join, chat during the meeting should only go to those who joined. That is how Skype worked, and it was a good approach because chats without the audio context are often meaningless to people who didn't join. Please enable an option (and preferably default) to have chats go only to actual attendees.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unable to chat with skype users

Unable to chat with skype users after the latest update. The skype users are show as "Presence Unknown". Please check this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User typing forces scrolling to snap to latest message

When you try to scroll to view older messages the 'User is typing' message forces the scroll to snap to the most recent message sent or received. The typing message flickers on and off fairly quickly preventing users from reading older messages whilst the other user is typing.

Platform: Android
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    Browser: Teams Official App from Play Store

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chat messages do not send

In the app, I will be chatting with someone, then my messages will suddenly stop being sent. Connectivity is still there, I can receive but not send

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Message Notification

Teams minimized and when I get notifications always pops up the information from the previous conversation and never pops up the current notification of who actually notified me.

To see who's notifying me I need to open Teams and then see who's bold calling me.

Please fix this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No way to delete an emoji

If a user adds an emoji to another users chat comment, there is no way to delete it. The original user should be able to delete the emoji as well as an Owner. The Owner can only delete the entire comment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Members status

Teams mobile application, sometimes it don't show me the status for the members.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Lag in what I type and what is displayed in the iOS mobile app

There is a considerable lag in what I see on screen and what I type. Also, sometimes parts of what I type are shown on screen. I am using SwiftKey by Microsoft on an IOS device, and the typing experience is not pleasant.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The Conversation tab does not auto update

In a particular Teams page, the conversation tab does not update when a member posts a new message. I receive a notification that the user posted a message in the "Activity" tab, but the message does not show anywhere in the Teams page/Conversation tab.

I have to close and re-open the Teams desktop app for it to appear. This occurs all the time, every new message I have to close and re-open Teams for it to appear.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Copy from Chat Windows Teams Client

Previously in Skype it was simple to copy a Chat transcript for documentation purposes. With Microsoft Teams windows client, the copy feature in the chat will deselect all but visible messages when highlighting which only allows a very limited copy depending on zoom amount. Ctrl + A doesn't work to copy a full conversation either. In some cases even when zoomed out after selecting text and releasing the mouse button it will deselect most of the highlighted parts of the conversation. I think there should be a list mode for conversations and or the ability to properly copy and paste…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. export Teams chat history

Provide a user-facing ability to export entire chat histories (including all pages of each group or one-on-one chats). The current method recommended, to copy and paste, only captures the currently-focused "page" of the chat. As a user, we can't even see the boundaries of these pages.

Currently, using Graph APIs requires additional permissions. This is understandable, however, as an authenticated user, I should have access to all of my chats. Make it happen, people. This is an absolute trainwreck.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. (Y) no longer gives a thumbs up - only (y). Also doesn't work in pop-up notification

I always use the keyboard shortcuts for emojii and now (Y) (caps) doesn't work, lower case (y) does but that's a pain as you need to take your finger off shift for the 'y'.
    Also any keyboard shortcut doesn't work in the pop up quick-relies.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base