Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Messgage received on mobile (teams mobile app), are not synchronizing in pc app. Those meesge received on moile. Will remain on mobile only.

Messgage received on mobile (teams mobile app), are not synchronizing in pc app. Those meesge received on mobile. Will remain on mobile only. This is observed by me

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. app chat window doesn't update as often as needed

app chat window doesn't update as often as needed
    only after sending new nsg

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. iOS app crashes when selecting “Chat” tab in reoccurring meeting

We have a reoccurring weekly teams meeting and the chat tab has a long historical conversation with notes from previous occurrences.

Within the past 2 months, I can join the meeting fine and all other features work, but if I select the “Chat” tab in the meeting the whole app crashes.

When I rejoin my sound has been turned off so it took me a while to rejoin the meeting.

This happens for all “Chat” sessions that relate to a reoccurring meeting whether I select the chat in the meeting itself or from my main list of chat sessions. App…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chat freezes very often

I have multiple chats open with colleagues from my office every time I switch to a different conversation it freezes and it doesn't allow me to text anymore I have to wait around three minutes so it can work again

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Chat icon number but no chats pending

Chat icon has number on it, but not clear why all chats are up to date. I expect clicking on chat icon with notification to take me to that chat or first if more than one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Chat history gets shortened

Even in short chats after less than 1 week conversations get deleted.
    I am now missing very important information which i can not get back.
    I know that a chattool is not the place to store information and i wanted to transfer to our cms but less than 1 week is a joke.
    How should anyone use teams in a professional environment if even plain text is not stored longer?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Android phone cannot load chat if channel has video recording clips

Android phone cannot load chat if channel has video clips and many images posted

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Chat in a Teams meeting goes to all invitees, but should only go to those who join

Meetings often include many invitees, and not all people need to join every meeting instance. For those who do join, chat during the meeting should only go to those who joined. That is how Skype worked, and it was a good approach because chats without the audio context are often meaningless to people who didn't join. Please enable an option (and preferably default) to have chats go only to actual attendees.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The app normally does not connect well on the phone

Messages usually don't go across when I am using my mobile phone, even if they do, they don't sync with the laptop version then

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unable to chat with skype users

Unable to chat with skype users after the latest update. The skype users are show as "Presence Unknown". Please check this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User typing forces scrolling to snap to latest message

When you try to scroll to view older messages the 'User is typing' message forces the scroll to snap to the most recent message sent or received. The typing message flickers on and off fairly quickly preventing users from reading older messages whilst the other user is typing.

Platform: Android
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    Browser: Teams Official App from Play Store

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chat messages do not send

In the app, I will be chatting with someone, then my messages will suddenly stop being sent. Connectivity is still there, I can receive but not send

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Message Notification

Teams minimized and when I get notifications always pops up the information from the previous conversation and never pops up the current notification of who actually notified me.

To see who's notifying me I need to open Teams and then see who's bold calling me.

Please fix this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. If you are member of multiple Teams organisations, you don't see notifications from people that are members in inactive Team

I am a member of multiple Teams organisations. If a member from "inactive" team tries to chat with me, I don't see a notification.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Status

Please provide an option to ignore my calendar meeting status so I do ‘t randomly show as Busy. Does anyone at MS actually use this product with other MS-Office products?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Annoying blank space at the bottom of chat window

There is an unnecessary and extremely annoying blank space at the bottom of chat window. This is almost the size of a keyboard in the mobile app but it doesn't go away and leads to a shorter view of the message.

On opening the keyboard to write and then, clicking it's down arrow button, removes the space along with the keyboard.

Mobile used: Pixel 3

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Whenever i enter the chat the textbox to type appears a few inches above the bottom with a blank space covering that space. I have started s

Whenever i enter the chat the textbox to type appears a few inches above the bottom with a blank space covering that space. I have started seeing this issue since the last update on Android. i have reinstalled the app also tried to logout and login again but the issue doesn't go away

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adaptive Card Multiline Text Input does not allow the Enter Key to insert carriage returns.

When using a Power Automate flow to send a chat message that includes a form to fill out that makes use of Adaptive Cards, the multiline text input no longer accepts the Enter key to allow for multiple lines of text. Word wrap continues to work, but you can no longer enter multiple lines of text in the card itself.

Copying and Pasting from another application like Notepad works and will maintain the carriage returns.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to see chat in a Teams meeting

In some of our work meetings (usually those with 100+ invitees), we've noticed that not all participants have the Chat icon available to them, so couldn't see or contribute to the chat.

I've read it may be a known issue/bug that Microsoft are aware of but haven't yet fixed, possibly limiting the number of people who have joined the meeting?

Please fix this!!!

Refer to the link to read other threads, but vote here to get this fixed please!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteamstfb-msteamsmeeting-msteams_suboth/unable-to-see-chat-in-a-teams-meeting/f5d29ecc-b103-4b07-99f5-cf8a99d6a49c

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chat in Teams crashes the app

I can get into Chat via website Teams. But on my phone, both personal, work and iPad, the Teams CHAT crashes the app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base