Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sincronização

Sincronização de mensagens demora muito a ocorrer

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Conversation Loading Issues

I had long conversations with people through the Microsoft Teams Online desktop. Now, when i get home to re-read the old ones through the Teams app on my Mobile, the messages don't appear at all even when i refresh the app itself or keep loading up. My conversations with others only shows up on the Desktop one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I'm concerned as a message was sent from my account in the chat function of teams that I didn't type. Is there a way to get an IP address?

I'm concerned as a message was sent from my account in the chat function of teams that I didn't type. Is there a way to get an IP address?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Left/Removed Team Chat Users, who are added back, get auto removed if log out of Teams or Teams auto logs you out

Left/Removed Team Chat Users are getting auto removed from chat even when they are invited back. They can still see msgs but can't respond. It says you are not apart of this chat until a chatroom organizer re-adds them. This happens every time the app goes inactive and signs them out.

Me personally, I left to be funny. Granted, they were driving me nuts but I wasn't serious. Im still able to see the messages in the room, I just cant respond or react/add an emoji to what was said, until a chat organizer comes on to add me.

But…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Screen shot

Screen shot sharing facility should be available it will help to corporate users

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. HTML hyper link is broken with Korean letter

Hello,
    When I paste below address on chat on Teams, link is broken.
    http://bit.ly/매출마케

Only part of "http://bit.ly/' is recorgnized. But, actual address is "http://bit.ly/매출마케팅"

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Group Chat stopped showing avatars and names for a period

In a continuous group chat used for handover between follow the sun sites suddenly avatars and names were no longer shown when text was added to the chat. Quitting the application and restarting it, nor a reboot fixed the issue. The next day it started working again by itself as well but the gap in the history where I am unable to see who added what is still there.

This seems to be an issue on the client side as my colleagues see the group chat correctly during the time it did not work for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. gifs don't display in quotes

Creating a quote field in chat and dragging a gif that has already been posted into the field, causes the gif not to display in the quote box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After the recent update, I dont see chat option visible on Team. Also I am unable to connect to my company account, whereas client one works

After the recent update, I dont see chat option visible on Team. Also I am unable to connect to my company account, whereas client one works

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After typing with alt + numbad keys (eg. alt + 0 1 5 0) it doesn't remove the placeholder

After typing with alt + numbad keys (eg. alt + 0 1 5 0) it doesn't remove the placeholder

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Double-clicking a person to chat with briefly flashes the chat window to that person but then switches back to previous chat

I'm I'm chatting with one person and I want to chat with someone else, like the next person down on my Recent list, generally I would just click the name, and the chat window would switch. Sometimes Teams ignores that first click entirely, so I would double-click. I noticed that if I do that double-click, you can see the person I double-clicked on in the chat window briefly, but then it flips back to the original person I'm chatting with. If I don't pay close enough attention to this I will end up chatting with the wrong person, which has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Usernames in Chat tab display as an Id string instead of the person's name

Description: In the Chat window, two of our users' names in the Recent and Favorites list appear as an Id value instead of their actual name.

Repro Steps:
    1. Open Teams Desktop and click on the 'Chat' tab.
    2. In the Recent and Favorites lists, two of our users will constantly have an Id value instead of their name listed above their most recent message (see screenshot).

I see this issue consistently in the Windows Desktop app, intermittently in the web client in Microsoft Edge, and never on the iOS version.

Platform: Desktop app [1.1.00.28562, x64]
    Browser: Microsoft Edge
    Device…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Overlay menu on short messages hide all text

The message overlay menu need appear out of the message.
    On short messages it make a simple text select impossible.
    It get worst when you like the message

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Bug] Backspace removes two character when removing emoji

I think the gif explain correctly the bug I encounter.

I type a character, a space, a colon and an open parenthesis. I backspace once on the transformed emoji, once again for the space and I loose the initial character too.

I expect the second backspace to remove only one character

Also posted here : https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Bug-Backspace-removes-two-character-when-removing-emoji/m-p/263717

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Opening in full screen

Every time I minimize the window, when I re-open it, it changes to full screen.

I will take it out of full screen, minimize it, and it happens again every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype for Business replies in 1x1 chat conversation session with a Teams User have each reply open up a new 1x1 chat conversation session

Skype for Business User1 opens a 1x1 chat conversation with Teams User2 who is signed into Teams only (User2 is not signed into Skype for Business). Skype for Business User (not signed into Teams) sends messageA to a Teams User (not signed into Skype for Business). Teams User has 1x1 chat sessioni open up and messageA is present. Teams User2 responds with messageB in sessioni. Then Skype for Business User1 responds in their Skype for Business Window with messageC, however; instead of being grouped in with the intial messageA and messageB, a new session (sessioni+1) is opened

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Images cannot be copied everywhere

Images from chats or in chats cannot be copied always, e.g. from or to OneNote. The result seems to always be just an empty placeholder.

What always works though: Copying the image into email and then to OneNote or Teams and vice versa.

So, something with the image format seems to be wrong or incompatible between certain programs (Teams and OneNote...)

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base