Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In large meetings (250 people) people hit "mute all" and consistently silence the speaker, disrupting the meeting.

In large meetings (250 people) people hit "mute all" and consistently silence the speaker, disrupting the meeting.

Please figure out a solution to prevent such disruptions in large meetings.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't answer incoming calls.

I've missed 2 out of 2 incoming calls now because pressing the answer button did nothing. The phone was unlocked. It hit the button a dozen times, but it just kept ringing.

Android, Google Pixel 2

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to answer call on mobile

Call could not be answered on Galaxy S10 that was locked. The answer buttons had no effect.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Guest users are able to receive calls although the private call is not allowed for guest users.

I've tested following guest experience scenario.
    Teams user in the organization: Allow private calling - ON
    Guest user: Allow private calling - OFF

In this case, Guest users are not able to make private calls but able to receive calls from users in the organization. It should not be the expected behavior.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Call waiting error and sudden audio enable

While in a Teams meeting, in parallel I needed to make a call through Jabber (Cisco), I expected the Teams meeting to be on hold, but it did not happen, but that would not be a problem because my microphone for the Teams meeting was disabled, but when I called Jabber my audio at the Teams meeting opened even though the microphone-equivalent icon was disabled, so I disrupted the meeting and people heard the call I made through Jabber.

DELL OptiPlex 3050 - CoreI5 - 8gb RAM
    Plantonics PLT Headset

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Control Bar in Teams blocking screen content while sharing screen

While in a meeting or sharing screen the control bar floats ontop of content. there is not one single day I have to ask the other party to move their content so I can see it.

Please make it possible to move + hide + minimize... I have audio controls on my headset ....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. enter and exit Tones for conference calls

there is no option to allow for adding a tone to the conference calls when people join the call. the directions dont work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Switching to phone won't let me in to my own call

In a meeting, when my audio fails and I try to switch to the phone, I'm admitted as a user, even though I'm the meeting owner. I then can't admit myself because terrible connection.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. browser page loading with every meeting even though I have the app

Can we get the web browser to stop loading for every call if you have the app. Everytime I link it opens the browser first befor using the app - it's really annoying and unneccary and I end up with 4-5 tabs open with the same message that I have to close everytime - it might seem like a small thing but it adds more work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Answering calls from a calling queue takes several seconds and sometimes answered calls are not connected

We have one calling queue attached to an auto attendant for our company's main phone number. Our receptionist attempts to pick up calls using the Teams desktop client on Windows 10, but it often takes several seconds before the call is connected. Sometimes when attempting to answer, the caller only hears clicking and the receptionist is still unable to answer.

Calls put on hold are sometimes unable to be picked back up without 30 seconds passing by.

This is all with Domestic Calling Plan in the United States. I don't know how much more "vanilla" our environment could be, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Random Calls

While in a meeting, there will be a random call spliced into our conference call. Today we were actually able to talk to the person. Other times, we have heard calls between their doctor and patient or just two people having a private conversation. I had a service now opened, but have not heard back. I am concerned about the privacy of our conference calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Problem with audio device mid-meeting

Mid-meeting received the following error: "problem with audio device. We can't connect to your audio device. Restart your computer and join again." and you get the option of "Call me back" or "device Settings". This happens at least once a week to myself and other co-workers. If it weren't mid-meeting it wouldn't be that bad. but this is really interruptive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Call Queue Calls Answer Automatically when placing outbound call

Using Microsoft Teams & CloudPBX with AA and Call Queues.

If a user that is part of a call queue is actively making an outbound PSTN call (call not connected yet), and a call comes into the call queue, the outbound call is put on hold, and the inbound call is automatically answered, without the user actually clicking the answer button. The outbound caller hears nothing (because they are on hold.) We thought the fix would be to set the toggle on the call queue for "Agents can opt out of taking calls" but that didn't work. I have an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Issue with Camera in Microsoft Teams

We have noticed that there are times when the pictures of individuals joining us on Microsoft Teams are turned sideways (45 degrees). With other apps, the cameras of these individuals work properly. The individuals affected may be either part of our organization or guests and were using either laptops or Surface Pros. The individuals affected were all using Microsoft Edge to log in to Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype for business app stopped working

My Skype for business app on iPhone doesn’t support searching for contacts/adding new contacts any more, or make calls to exisiting contacts. It only allows me to join calender inviter Skype for business meetings. It only allows me to go to the Teams app, but that one doesn’t work for my needs yet (calling contacts or meetings outside own organization, where the outside organization has older Skype for business server or Cisco meetings, so for me this was a premature shut down of Skype for business and a big frustration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cannot call Cisco meeting like we could with Skype

When trying to call a Cisco meeting hosted by an external organization, I only get an error message: «Error Something went wrong. Would you like to try again?», and only an «OK»-button as a possible «choice». This from the Teams app on an iPhone X.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Join by Phone posts Long Distance Dialing for Local Number

Using Microsoft dial out for meetings, the +1 is included for users even though it is a local telephone number. This results in calls to our Help Desk asking why Microsoft is providing a local dial-in number with long distance dialing instructions. While this might work great for cell phones, it is a hang up for people using a land line in a conference room (which is a heavy use case for Skype for Business or Teams in our organization). Take a look at the highlighted item in the attached

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Inbound calls from Call Queues go on hold and can't be resumed

How do you stop the firmware auto updating from Microsoft Teams

Set-CsIPPhonePolicy -EnableDeviceUpdate $false

This does not seem to work anymore as I’ve just found all my phones updated to 58.15.0.45

I AM FURIOUS!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-ip-phones

This article from yourselves confirms my testing, 58.15.0.45 BREAKS THE CALL QUEUES ANSWERING

When I downgraded all my phones on Friday to the version stated in your article, the issue was resolved. I came in this morning and the problem is back because all my phones have upgraded despite the policy being set.

Yealink also do not recognise your firmware http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=284

I have opened multiple…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.