Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Connectors incoming Webhook image cannot be updated

After updating the incoming webhook icon image, still showing the original image.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adaptive Cards Carousel not displaying in Teams

I'm a dev from AdaptiveCards team at Microsoft.
    I’m helping multiple customers who use AdaptiveCards in Carousel format in the context of Teams app.
    They complained that there is a hard limit on how many adaptive cards can be attached as carousel format.
    Especially, customers want to know if there really exists the hard limit; they claimed it to be 10. They also wanted to know If your team is considering removing the limit.

The issue can be accessed here.
    https://github.com/microsoft/AdaptiveCards/issues/3315.

Also customer complained the lack of documentation of this limit.
    suggestions:
    1. have SendActivityAsync to return more descriptive…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: Unable to login to bot via OAuthCard in 1:1 conversations only

I am trying to login to bot, but clicking on Login button of the signin card has no effect in 1:1 conversations on desktop client.
    Bot has validDomains in its manifest, and signin works in channels and mobile client.

In debug view I see this exception
    Cannot read property 'validDomains' of undefined...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support "tel:" links in webhook cards

- Setting a "tel:0123456789" Url in a MessageCard/potentialAction/[@type=OpenUri] causes the potential action to be skipped from rendering (no button at all)
    - If setting a markdown or plain HTML link to a "tel:"-schema URI, then an `<a>` tag without `href` attribute is rendered.
    See also https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/AdaptiveCards/issues/216

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unable to upload a profile picture on phone or desktop

Profile pictures are not uploading

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Wrong value of Name field with inbound JSON message on the outgoing webhook is responding.

On Windows desktop apps, Web apps in browser, iOS apps correct value is responding. On Android apps responding is not value of member's profile of Teams but MS account's original profile.

Inbound message:
    "from": {
    "id": "...",
    "name": "!!HERE!!"
    },

I think it caused by there is not "Edit Name" menu on Android apps In member's profile of Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can't handle event when team was deleted

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/bots/bots-notifications#

Here we have events that can be handled by my bot to update user/conversation/team cache, but here is some trouble with this. I don't receive TeamMemberRemoved event any time when a team was deleted. I'm not sure that it is a bug, but from my point of view this is incorrect behavior that may lead to some inconsistency in bots. Because as you say in docs this events should be used for "Update cached information on team membership or channel information
    ". But with this fact (that we can't handle event, when team was deleted) we can't update…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Upload a bot to the organization's application catalog via sideloading fails with exception

I have created a bot in the AppStudio and I can upload this bot into my personal MS Teams app. catalog, but every time I'm trying to put it into the organization's catalog it fails with error:

Unexpected exception returned from the service.Error code: GeneralException
    Error message: Exception in CreateTenantAppDefinitionAsync. UserId: 'bf01f57d-bd54-4359-944b-726a6fa44e88', TenantId: 'bfa528b8-5b06-4e05-a741-a2b95c456d03', AppId: '56996f88-6570-43f2-9f29-58e1bdb38b62', Exception(s): 'Microsoft.SkypeSpaces.MiddleTier.Common.ServiceException: Failed to execute settings store request: https://settings.teams.skype.com/amer/v1.0/settings/teams/tenants/bfa528b8-5b06-4e05-a741-a2b95c456d03/appentitlements, StatusCode: 400, ReasonPhrase: Schema validation errors, X-MSEdge-Ref: Ref A: 967F7225F5F1401D903EDE550BAEBC80 Ref B: BAYEDGE0421 Ref C: 2019-05-13T19:43:40Z
    at Microsoft.SkypeSpaces.MiddleTier.BackendServices.SettingsStore.SettingsStore.<ExecuteRequestAsync>d__19.MoveNext() in F:\ts-services-111\_work\524\s\Source\BackendServices\BackendServices\SettingsStore\SettingsStore.cs:line 265
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bots posting adaptive cards with charts can take 10s to load

Charts sometimes half load, then I'm required to keep scroling up and down before I see the rest of the chart or the content below the chart. I see this when I use Qubie app from the Store and then use 'show results to team' command. --> see attached for an example of a half loaded chart.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Very inconsistent replies from QnA bot :(

I've built a bot using Azure and QnA Maker based on a video from Microsoft Ignite.... The bot is working fine when testing within QnA and within the "Test in Web Chat" in Azure, but I am getting very inconsistent replies in Microsoft Teams. I added the bot using App Studio in Teams. It seems to work for a short time in the Teams Desktop app, but usually only with private chat OR with an @ Mention in a Team Conversation, but never both. I have had more success using the bot on the browser version of Teams, but it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.