Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Latest Teams update breaks Virtual Cameras - Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.18164

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5 - Just prior to the update to 1.3.00.18164, Teams was able to utilize my OBS and Wirecast virtual cameras which I use all the time. Now Teams doesn't see them and yep, the permissions for screen recording, etc are all accounted for and I disabled and re-enabled the settings, as well as restarting the app(s), including Teams, etc. and the machine. Previously, I was able to choose the appropriate virtual camera. Now I only have access to the Mac's built-in webcam. Obviously, this is not ideal.

The version that did work for sure was 1.3.00.15561.

523 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

88 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications are not coming

After the new update, there is a problem in the notifications. While chatting if the window is minimized the new message notification is not appearing.

470 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for notifications not appearing/playing when Teams is minimized is rolling out to the public ring. We expect it to be rolled out 100% by the weekend – I’ll update this item at that point.

Thanks!

3. Teams now setting my status to "Away" after 10 minutes?!?

While working outside of the Teams windows it sets Teams to "Away" after a very short time, even while working on the PC. As most people are not constantly just using Teams this leads others to believe one is not at their desk. There needs to be a way to turn to off and/or manually set the timeout period.

378 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow external users to access group chat

Why isn't it possible to add external users to group chat? It's a big step backwards comparing to Skype for Business and it makes life more difficult for companies working with various clients on a daily basis.

302 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove comfort noise

It seems like Microsoft Teams has a comfort noise: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfort_noise , at least on the Windows Desktop Client - please give us an option to disable it or remove it completely.

Also see:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/background-white-static-noise-even-with-microphones-muted/m-p/1254880

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can't join a meeting: stuck on "Connecting..." screen

Sometimes I can't connect to a meeting. It's just stuck on "Connecting..." screen and never lets me in. I have to restart Teams app several times before I finally can join. I noticed that when Teams doesn't say that there're several people already in (and I know for fact several people have already joined), then I'll definitely have hard time connecting. I'm using the Teams application on Windows. I experienced this issue with meetings created in Outlook by someone else (I wasn't the meeting organizer).

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Images Uploaded to Channel Conversations via iOS App are NOT loading!

Our Company has a created a channel in one of our Teams to attach/upload pictures using the iOS Teams App. We have a dedicated channel our employees use to upload site inspection pictures. Some of these pictures that were successfully uploaded by our users and were displaying correctly in the past, now are NOT loading coreectly. Instead, Teams is display a blank white box where the picture was. Our uploaded iamges in this channel conversation appear to be gone for everyone else trying to view the image in that Team, replaced with a blank white placeholder. These images are NOT…

189 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filtering by Team does not show all the channels

Recent updates to the MicrosoftTeams client make finding a channel in a Team difficult if you know the name of the Team but not the channel.

In the latest Teams client update, you changed the way users search/filter on Teams and channels. It makes it EXTREMELY difficult to find or browse a channel in a Team.

The process now for finding a channel in Teams is as follows:
    1) Filter on Team (it only Shows the General Channel)
    2) Click on the ellipses "..."
    3) Click on "Manage Team"
    4) Click on "Channels"
    5) Click on the Channel...

That's FIVE…

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In large meetings (250 people) people hit "mute all" and consistently silence the speaker, disrupting the meeting.

In large meetings (250 people) people hit "mute all" and consistently silence the speaker, disrupting the meeting.

Please figure out a solution to prevent such disruptions in large meetings.

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. images display inline in chat but not viewer

Images that are posted in chat are not viewable in their original size within Teams. The viewer opens with a broken link to the image.
    Within Teams Windows App
    Reproduce:
    1. Take a screen shot and paste into the chat window.
    2. Click on the image in the chat window.
    3. The image does not display in viewer.

Breaks on Windows 10 Teams App
    Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.17057 (64-bit). It was last updated on 7/1/19.
    Worked before but don't know exactly when it stopped working.
    This works in the Teams webapp.

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Team desktop client picking low quality video resolution from set offered by web cam.

Teams client is picking 640x360 resolution rather than optimal resolution. This results in sub-par picture quality.

This happens with virtual camera devices like XplitVcam, XsplitBroadcaster and OBS as well as physical cameras like Logitech brio.

I have proven this by removing the 640x360 offered resolution from xsplit XML files (it offers multiple resolutions via dshow and teams picks which it wants to use) - quality improved.

To be clear this is a bug in how team client selects from the dshow resolutions offered.

More here https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-virtual-cam-bad-video-quality-in-teams-skype.118800/

This issue does not affect web client.

confirmed in client version 1.3.00.13565

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screen sharing broken on Linux with 1.3.00.16851

Latest release for Linux 1.3.00.16851 broke screen sharing on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS / i3wm.

Complete screen went black. Only red border and mouse courser visible. Working fine with previews version 1.3.00.5153.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. If teams is minimized it shows me as away after 5/10 minutes

Teams shows me as away when the desktop app is minimized. I am still working but my team thinks I am away. Very annoying!

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cannot add Teams meeting to a single occurrence of a series

Hello,
    We have a new issue - when a Delegate tries to convert a single occurrence in a series to a Teams meeting she gets a message telling her she must convert the entire series to a Teams meeting. (""This is one appointment in a series. To make it an online meeting, open the meeting series and try again.")

She does not want to change the entire series to a Teams meeting.

She states that she was able to do this until about a week ago. When opening a recurring meeting, she would get prompted and choose the single occurrence…

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Flickering screen when sharing Adobe PDF's.

When sharing an adobe PDF file on application view the document continuously flickers for both the host and guests. the only way to resolve this is to hold down the mouse button. It's so bad we have resulted to Zoom to share screens. Please offer a fix ASAP.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Memory utilization for MS Teams

As all of us know, MS Teams uses an enormous amount of memory.

Time for Microsoft to solve the problem of very high memory utilization by MS Teams.

Microsoft: Please work on this issue with high priority. We cannot accept 2,3 and sometimes 4 GB RAM consumption by MS Teams.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No notifications

Setting on mobile is to have notifications pushed to my mobile if inactive on desktop. So far I've never received any notifications on my Android phone.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable gif background effects

When you select a gif as a background effect, it just appears as a still picture and is not animated. Please add support for gifs so that if you set a gif as your background effect, it is animated. Thank you!

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pinned app wont stay pinned

I try to pin an app, but not long afterwards I see this:
    "Your admin has updated your settings. Some of your pinned apps have moved."
    Our IT wouldn't have changed these settings, so why is this the default?

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Screen sharing - drop-downs on browser appear blank

Microsoft Teams made the drop-downs list on Chrome not appears when sharing screen to other users.

Many persons reported that bug in the suggestion forum: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37592302-screen-sharing-drop-downs-on-browser-appear-blan

Windows 10

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 272 273
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base