Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blur option disappeared

Blur background during a call recently disappeared on my computer. It was working perfectly fine previously then a recent update took the feature away.

I've done some investigation and discovered that it is likely related to the AVX2 requirement for CPUs. My CPU does not have that, yet Blurring worked perfect without it prior to the update that enforced that requirement.

Please relax the requirements for Blur again.
    I'm not the only one complaining:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/no-more-background-blur/m-p/1236658

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/blur-background-not-available-in-teams/m-p/1287796

344 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

79 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications are not coming

After the new update, there is a problem in the notifications. While chatting if the window is minimized the new message notification is not appearing.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for notifications not appearing/playing when Teams is minimized is rolling out to the public ring. We expect it to be rolled out 100% by the weekend – I’ll update this item at that point.

Thanks!

3. Control Bar in Teams blocking screen content while sharing screen

While in a meeting or sharing screen the control bar floats ontop of content. there is not one single day I have to ask the other party to move their content so I can see it.

Please make it possible to move + hide + minimize... I have audio controls on my headset ....

189 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Inconsistency in being able to add users to Private Channels via Web/Desktop Clients

Referred from Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/can-t-add-members-to-private-channels/m-p/1088400#M42918

Issue is inconsistency when adding users to private channels via the web and desktop clients. Sometime users can and sometimes users can't. Workarounds to this solution include adding them on mobile (both IoS/Android) and completely removing member from the Team and re-adding them

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to rejoin Meeting Chat

I'm a member of a recurring meeting. After the last meeting, I left the chat by selecting Chat > {the meeting} > Leave.

The next time the meeting started, I can't see or join the chat. There is a message "You can't send messages because you are not a member of the chat." I can see the chat from the last meeting up until the point I left, and it said I left the meeting.

When I view the meeting series and select Chat with participants, I see a message "Sorry, chat is unavailable until you join the meeting", even…

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In large meetings (250 people) people hit "mute all" and consistently silence the speaker, disrupting the meeting.

In large meetings (250 people) people hit "mute all" and consistently silence the speaker, disrupting the meeting.

Please figure out a solution to prevent such disruptions in large meetings.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Images Uploaded to Channel Conversations via iOS App are NOT loading!

Our Company has a created a channel in one of our Teams to attach/upload pictures using the iOS Teams App. We have a dedicated channel our employees use to upload site inspection pictures. Some of these pictures that were successfully uploaded by our users and were displaying correctly in the past, now are NOT loading coreectly. Instead, Teams is display a blank white box where the picture was. Our uploaded iamges in this channel conversation appear to be gone for everyone else trying to view the image in that Team, replaced with a blank white placeholder. These images are NOT…

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't join a meeting: stuck on "Connecting..." screen

Sometimes I can't connect to a meeting. It's just stuck on "Connecting..." screen and never lets me in. I have to restart Teams app several times before I finally can join. I noticed that when Teams doesn't say that there're several people already in (and I know for fact several people have already joined), then I'll definitely have hard time connecting. I'm using the Teams application on Windows. I experienced this issue with meetings created in Outlook by someone else (I wasn't the meeting organizer).

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Filtering by Team does not show all the channels

Recent updates to the MicrosoftTeams client make finding a channel in a Team difficult if you know the name of the Team but not the channel.

In the latest Teams client update, you changed the way users search/filter on Teams and channels. It makes it EXTREMELY difficult to find or browse a channel in a Team.

The process now for finding a channel in Teams is as follows:
    1) Filter on Team (it only Shows the General Channel)
    2) Click on the ellipses "..."
    3) Click on "Manage Team"
    4) Click on "Channels"
    5) Click on the Channel...

That's FIVE…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No notifications

Setting on mobile is to have notifications pushed to my mobile if inactive on desktop. So far I've never received any notifications on my Android phone.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow external users to access group chat

Why isn't it possible to add external users to group chat? It's a big step backwards comparing to Skype for Business and it makes life more difficult for companies working with various clients on a daily basis.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Wiki in private channel cannot be viewed on mobile (iOS)

Inside private channels, we have created new Wiki tabs. Those are live and updating on desktop app, but they do not work on mobile (tested on iOS on 4 devices). You can navigate to Wiki, but receive the error, "it's empty in here" when trying to view it.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Loading chunk 12 failed when accessing File menu in Teams group

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Screen sharing - drop-downs on browser appear blank

Microsoft Teams made the drop-downs list on Chrome not appears when sharing screen to other users.

Many persons reported that bug in the suggestion forum: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37592302-screen-sharing-drop-downs-on-browser-appear-blan

Windows 10

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete private channel

Hi is there still a bug that we can´t delete a private channel ? A normal one could be deleted but not a private one

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pinned app wont stay pinned

I try to pin an app, but not long afterwards I see this:
    "Your admin has updated your settings. Some of your pinned apps have moved."
    Our IT wouldn't have changed these settings, so why is this the default?

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Channel Conversation Thread Replies lose focus when new thread is added or updated

Description: When typing a reply to an existing conversation thread, and another thread is created or replied to, Teams shifts focus out of the "reply" dialog and scrolls the window to the latest conversation thread. The user must then scroll back up and click reply again to continue typing their response.

Reproduction Steps: Start a conversation thread in a channel. Begin to reply to the thread. Have another user start a new conversation thread in the same channel. Your reply will lose text-box focus and the window will scroll up to show the new thread which will be given focus.…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: Pinned File disappears in Teams after pinning

See here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/pinned-items-in-sharepoint-not-showing-in-teams/m-p/1099050

Once a file has been pinned in a channel, if you leave the Files tab and return it no longer displays. It does, however display as pinned in SharePoint

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Flashing Red Border

When screen sharing with Teams and using an external display, the red border around the shared window is flashing instead of being solid. A solid red border is okay, but the flashing red is very distracting. This is specifically when the external display is a ClickShare.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. cannot share system audio- Teams

“ Error occurred while sharing audio” , ‘ could not share System audio” sharing videos/PPT in teams

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 122 123
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base