Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • or
  1. assignments outlook

I want to see all the assignments at the same time in order of due date, instead of having to click on each individual class to see if and when an assignment is due.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Parent view

Need to put assignments into pupil's Outlook calendar so that they can share a read only link with parents. This would enable parents to see all upcoming assignments for their child, i.e. a parent view of assignments.

Alternatively, give parents a code linked to their child's account that will allow them to see selective team content including all assignment details. Teachers should be able to select whether parents can see everything, particular channels, or just assignments.

714 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. For student assignments, a feature that allows students to add their assignments into Outlook Calendar and get desktop notifications for ***

For student assignments, a feature that allows students to add their assignments into Outlook Calendar and get desktop notifications for assignments due in five days or less.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Integrate Assignments with calendar

It would be very useful for communication with parents to get a link of the dates assignments that they can add in their Phone Calendar (or Outlook calendar,...). Students also love to be able to see that on their phone home screen. No excuses...! ;)

When an assignment is created in a class, it only shows up in the assignment tab within that class. In Classroom when an assignment was created it also showed in the students’ calendars. This would be a great addition especially if students are in multiple classes they’ll be able to see all their assignments in…

4,774 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

237 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show assignments from multiple teams on the outlook calendar

If students are taking multple classes and are on multiple teams, it would be great to have their assignments from these multiple teams to show up on their outlook calendar.
    To start, it owuld be nice to have assignments show up on any calendar.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Email notification for assignments

It would be a greate helt for the students if they where able to set up email notifications from there assignments when a teacher has made a feedback.

now they have to go all the way into the assingnment to see if anything has happend.

also it would be nice if the teacher could get a dayly repport on how many has posted in an assignment.

also it would be nice if it was posible to make a outlook feed from assignments so the students could get it into there calender when there is an assignment.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. assignments in calendar section

It would be very useful for communication with parents to get a link of the dates assignments that they can add in their Phone Calendar (or Outlook calendar,...). Students also love to be able to see that on their phone home screen. No excuses...! ;)

When an assignment is created in a class, it only shows up in the assignment tab within that class. In Classroom when an assignment was created it also showed in the students’ calendars. This would be a great addition especially if students are in multiple classes they’ll be able to see all their assignments in…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Calendar

It would be extremely helpful if a Team could have a "Team Calendar" (not my personal outlook calendar) that auto populates with assignments. Edmodo has this feature and it is very helpful from both a teacher and student perspective. Right now you can add a calendar webpart through sharepoint but it doesn't automatically synch to the assignments. Thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. assignment start date

Give the ability to add a start date to an assignment (not a due date). Similar to what you can do for tasks in Outlook. This way when assignments are posted students will know when they should start an assignment.
    Students often think of a due date as when they need to start it and this would help them to manage their time better.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it easier to view assignments

I would like it if their were an easy way to view all of your assignments from each instead of having to click on each team individual. I would also like it if you add a calendar that has all of the assignments in teams on it or adds it to the outlook calendar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. To-Do list on side panel

I would like to have the To-Do list on the right-side panel (similar to Outlook) so when I finish assignments, do certain tasks or other things I have added the to-do list I can easily tick it off.

Maybe as an extension, it would allow you to drag and drop assignments or documents on the To-Do list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. open new Teams window like Outlook.

I hate having to close Planner to go look up a file in the Files tab, and having to close chat to go review a task that was assigned to me. In Outlook you can open a new window and have your email, calendar, and a new email message open in 3 windows and flick between them.
    Especially needed when I've delved deep into a Teams filing system and I need to check something from a chat before I proceed. I have to lose my place in the system, navigate to the chat and back and start again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sync to do list so task automatically show on outlook calendar with due date

Sync to do list so task automatically show on outlook calendar with due date. Once assigned a task in the to do list it would be useful for it to show up on outlook calendar with the due date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Teams meeting as option when creating new meetings in Calendar tab inside Teams

Currently the only way to assign a Teams meeting link to a new meeting is in Outlook. Need to be able to do it in Teams, too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a Task Option

I think you should add a task option. In Outlook, I find that I have more motivation doing tasks then assignments in Teams. The word "assignment" feels like something that is very, very, mandatory (It is, but it feels super strict, and I think kids would like a second option, tasks)
    Tasks would be a quicker, shorter sort-of assignment, just like the ones in Outlook, just in Teams. This could be used as a sort of reminder, and a little box could pop up every now and then and say "reminder: you have ____ as a task". Also…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base