Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • or
  1. Edit Assignment Channel Once Created

It's great that Teams has added the feature allowing us to edit the channel an assignment gets posted to, however I would like it to be possible to go back in and EDIT the channel once CREATED.
    For example if you create it and forget to select a channel, you should be able to go back in and change it to the one you want it to be visible in.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assign Assignments to specific channels

It should be possible to assign Assignments to specific channel(s). Now, each Assignment is posted in the general channel.

726 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. assignment tab in new channel

It would be really nice when creating a new channel that we are able to add an assignment tab in the new channel instead of the assignment tab just being in the general channel.... Working with students with disabilities it becomes a challenge for them to navigate back and forth if it all could be in the same place it would be amazing....

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More control over what posts to conversations

I don't want my conversation feed to automatically have assignments posted. I feel like students tapping on the assignment channel is enough. Conversation should be for discussion and questions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Assignments for members of a private channel.

Education User: We want to set up a Team for an entire cohort of students then make separate private channels for each class.

Is it possible to assign assignments to private channel members? We don't want to have to select each individual student from the entire cohort each time we set an assignment.

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assigning permissions to Channels

It would be very useful if we can assigning permissions at Channels level to staff that are not part of the Team, or assign permissions within the Team to specific Channels.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Assignments in different Channels

I would like to be able to put assignments in different channels.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Assignments feature per Channel

I am an instructional coach for two different schools in an Office365 district. I read your feedback with regard to creating categories for assignments and I do like that feature for my teachers.

I understand the reasoning for wanting to keep assignments for Teams in one centralized location, however, could there be a way to link assignments within the different channels? For example, could your design team make an app or the ability to 'create a tab' in each channel that will link to a particular assignment category?

For example, if I am an elementary teacher…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. link classes in the channel for an assignment

Hello, is there a way to link channels so that when we create one assignment, we don't have to create it 5 more times but instead just do it once for the same type of class/channel?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would love for the assignment tab to show up in each channel created. I create a new channel to match each unit of study. I

I would love for the assignment tab to show up in each channel created. I create a new channel to match each unit of study. I use each channel as a module.

855 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Justin Chando responded

Thank you everyone for the additional feedback on this feature request! We’ve read all your comments and are currently investigating what we can do to help.

11. Private Channels within a Team

It would be very useful to have private channels within teams. This would allow for different ways of working within the same team. This would allow for greater flexibility in the way that classes and members of staff could work. Private channels for ability groups or private channels for line management discussions / quality assurance...

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Private channels enable focused private collaboration among a subset of your team. We are super excited to share that this feature is fully rolled out to the public ring. You can find detailed information on the capabilities and management of the private channels feature here – https://docs.microsoft.com/MicrosoftTeams/private-channels.
    There are four other types of channel functionality on our backlog – feel free to upvote and/or comment on the UV items listed next to each:
    - Channel only members: to enable collaboration with people outside the team in a specific channel, without granting them access to the team itself. https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/31374577
    - Shared channels within an organization: allow people in different teams to collaborate on a shared project or v-team in the context of their own teams. https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18615565
    - Shared channels across organizations: allow people in an organization other than yours to collaborate on a shared project or v-team. https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32987917
    - Public…

12. Create assignments in the channels tab.

In order to organize my Teams classroom and assignments, it would be nice to be able to create assignments under the Channels tab. My general tab is filling up fast and sometimes it's hard to look at older work.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Assign Assignemenmt to specific channels

It should be possible to assign Assignements to specific channel(s). Now, each Assignement is posted in the general channel

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create Assignments and Grades in each channel

I use channels for each unit in my class. An assignment tab and grades tab under each channel would allow for better organization. It would also make Teams vastly better than Google Classroom ;)

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assignment Notification Channel Setting doesn't persist when using From Existing

The new ability to change the overall Assignment settings so that an assignment defaults to post in a specific channel (other than General) is great! However, when creating an assignment "From existing," Teams goes back to the General Channel for the Assignment post. I can still go in and manually change it, but it sort of defeats the purpose of setting a default to something other than General if General is still the default.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Scheduling of posts

Allow posts in channels to be scheduled - this is available for assignments, but not posts in channels

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. assignments channel

In our lower grades we have one team for the whole grade (not a team for each class). When a Team is used for one grade, Channels are setup for each subject. Because there are not assignments in each channel, all subjects are mixed together in assignments. As a workaround, we experimented added a category in the assignment that is the subject and that works to filter the assignments so that it does not get confusing. Unfortunately, in the Grades tab, there is no filter by category option. Further, it would be super helpful to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move existing assignments to a new channel

I have assigned items to the General channel (sort of by accident). Now I would like to move them to a different channel.

It does not appear that I can move an existing assignment to a different channel. I would like the ability to move assignments to other channels after they are created.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assign Assignments by "members of a channel"

At the moment, you can assign an assignment to a whole team, or specific members in that team (by clicking the members from an alphabetized list).

It would be nice if there was the option to assign to "members of a channel" from the dropdown - especially now private channels have been successfully integrated.

N.B. When you have 200+ people in one team, and several private channels it is time consuming to tick individually, and allows for human error.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Assigments to the Channels.

A teacher can not add an assignments to a channel.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base