Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• or
  1. Edit Assignment Channel Once Created

It's great that Teams has added the feature allowing us to edit the channel an assignment gets posted to, however I would like it to be possible to go back in and EDIT the channel once CREATED.
    For example if you create it and forget to select a channel, you should be able to go back in and change it to the one you want it to be visible in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More control over what posts to conversations

I don't want my conversation feed to automatically have assignments posted. I feel like students tapping on the assignment channel is enough. Conversation should be for discussion and questions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. assignment tab in new channel

It would be really nice when creating a new channel that we are able to add an assignment tab in the new channel instead of the assignment tab just being in the general channel.... Working with students with disabilities it becomes a challenge for them to navigate back and forth if it all could be in the same place it would be amazing....

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assign Assignments to specific channels

It should be possible to assign Assignments to specific channel(s). Now, each Assignment is posted in the general channel.

528 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Assignments and channels

Each time I set an assignment I have to change the default which is the General channel to the "Homework" channel. I'd like to make this change permanently rather than have to do so each time I set an assignment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Assign to Channel

It would greatly help if we could use channels to assign assignments. This would make it easier to use a single channel for a whole grade, like 3rd grade. This would also make it easier for high school to use a single team for, say, their math classes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow teachers to assign an assignment in a private channel.

It would be good to allow teachers to assign an assignment in a private channel. Some teachers teach small groups.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The ability to give an assignment to a specific channel

In order to facilitate small group work and literature circles (for example), and a hybrid teaching scenario, the ability to push out an assignment or quiz to one channel within a TEAM would be super helpful. My students’ schedule, combined with their lower proficiency, means I need to push out work for the group that is home, different from the group that is in class. But I also need to keep each class in one TEAM for other purposes. Being able to push something to just one channel with facilitate this type of learning.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. link classes in the channel for an assignment

Hello, is there a way to link channels so that when we create one assignment, we don't have to create it 5 more times but instead just do it once for the same type of class/channel?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to set Assignments on multiple channels

At the moment you can only set an assignment on the General channel, I would like to set assignments on any of the channels

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Some new assignment features in Microsoft Teams

1. Individual assignments for students

2. Possibility to put any file as assignment answer (for example: to attach source code file in C++ learning class)

3. Resend answer after checking assignment

4. Ability to make assignment in any channel (not only General channel)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. edit the channel notification in an assignment after it is assigned

We should be able to edit the channel notification in an assignment after it is assigned

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want the ability to choose to post a created assignment to any channel or NO channel at all.

After creating an assignment I currently have to pick a channel to post it too. I want the choice to not post to any channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assignments feature per Channel

I am an instructional coach for two different schools in an Office365 district. I read your feedback with regard to creating categories for assignments and I do like that feature for my teachers.

I understand the reasoning for wanting to keep assignments for Teams in one centralized location, however, could there be a way to link assignments within the different channels? For example, could your design team make an app or the ability to 'create a tab' in each channel that will link to a particular assignment category?

For example, if I am an elementary teacher…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Download/locally view all files from an Assignment and the option to make an assignment in a channel

We would like to download or view all files that students handed in.
    We prefer to see them in OneDrive but otherwise that you can download all of them. Now you have to click each student and download them one-by-one.

And could is be possible to place assignments in a channel but that they appear for the team.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Eestermans
    Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam
    The Netherlands

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would be great if you could share a Word doc directly from Word to TEAMS assignment.

When I create a WORD doc I have to save it, then copy and paste the link into TEAMS assignment area. Would be great if I could click Share in WORD, and have the option pop up to choose a TEAM channel/assignment to add it directly from WORD.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assigning permissions to Channels

It would be very useful if we can assigning permissions at Channels level to staff that are not part of the Team, or assign permissions within the Team to specific Channels.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Assignments in different Channels

I would like to be able to put assignments in different channels.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Obtain the link to a scheduled assignment before it is posted to the channel.

Obtain the link to a scheduled assignment BEFORE it is posted to the channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 134 135
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base