Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notification e-mail Microsoft free version

In the free version of Microsoft Teams e-mail notifications are not sent out even when using @ mention.

Also, when a new member is added to the team, this person does not get an e-mail that they are added.

It would be very helpful if this is added in the free version of Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assignment problem

I can t view the assignments or submit a work even if it is not late

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Chat>>Contacts>>Add a contact to this group. Focus needs to switch to the newly opened window.

Please add to the source code 'tab' or 'set focus' or whatever is needed to put the cursor inside the 'Type a name' box. Just a nice to have but a pet peeve of mine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Insider group for Teams

Currently there is no Insider group for Teams. Its not part of Windows Insider or Office Insider. Unless you happen to one of the few members of TAP, we can't see pre-release versions of Teams. Create a Teams Insiders group so we can test these enhancements before they roll out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. See who can see conversations before you post

In the Posts tab, I think it would be useful to know who is going to see your message so you can decide if it is the right place to post or not. This could easily be achieved by enabling the button / icon in the top right hand corner to link to the people in the team, rather than people having to navigate to channel name > Manage Team > click on members/guests.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. View which teams / channels a person is assigned to

I have several teams under my control and have assigned users within these.

I would like to be able to see a list of which channels a user has access to, and conversely a better way of seeing who is assigned to each channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More Python and R Integration into Microsoft Office

There is a large VBA community out there, but VBA doesn't have a common application outside of Microsoft Office. Python is one of the most popular languages currently. I find many Python developers shun Microsoft (I'm sure that is a vast generalization), but if Microsoft provided more support for common advanced analytics open source technology, they would find more cross pollination. Excel is the defacto finance software, but I think that is to the detriment of finance as a whole. There is a whole world of libraries available through Python and R with a large community, too, and many documented…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Alemba Integration

Our campus uses Alemba for the IT department SLM and CMDB system and would like to see see integration with ticketing. The goal is to quicklink tickets in chat and possibly find a way to integrate SLA and workflow reminders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Incorporate QUARTZY into Teams

We have been using MS Teams at our research facility to manage our projects and project teams. We have been using Trello, and it's a great feature to be able to add Trello as an app into Teams.
    To keep track of our inventory, we have been using QUARTZY, and it would be great if we could add this as an app into Teams the same way as Trello

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When in Teams> Staff notebook> Add page, give the option to add an excel or word file.

When in Teams> Staff notebook> Add page, give the option to add an excel or word file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shift for class teams

I try to use real life tools for simulation in the classroom. When we run simulations, I would like to use tools like shifts in the class version of teams, yet for some reason it is not available. Please make all functions of regular teams available in class teams so we can replicate the workplace.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show Month View as Default in Calendar on Skype In The Classroom

Month view is much easier to understand than week view. When scrolling to the bottom of week view and seeing the later times I have to scroll back up to the top to be sure of which day I'm choosing. Month view allows me to get a good overview and click right into the day I want and allows me to plan ahead much better than being dropped into the weekly view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add important feature

I'm a manager at University of Houston. I think it's extremely important for me as a manager to be able to see my teams scheduled shifts from the app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Power BI Dashboard Tab

The new Power BI Tab app is great apart from one thing. It cannot show dashboards. This seems illogical as Dashboards are designed to be a single place to review data from multiple reports. Therefore when you are looking for a quick summary of position a tab that displayed the dashboard would be really useful.

Currently I have to use a Web app to show the Dashboard and that often forces login which with MFA in place is tedious so people do not use it.

Any chance you could find a way to support Workspaces, Apps and Dashboards in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Team is absolutely garbage in my country

I can't believe how unusable Team is in China. I can't hear a whole sentence from my teacher, especially during this **** virus outbreak that all the classes at school are suspended. Audio interrupts all the time. Video freeze after every couple seconds. We will switch to Zoon if the condition doesn't change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. we find students could see our school organization

we find students could see our organization. could you remove the button from studetnts screen?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Populate targeted student from school data program, for example build an @seniors list populated from our school info system

Prepopulate large, targeted student groups like grade levels from our data management system (@freshmen, etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base