Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Uploading a document to two teams at the same time

In some year groups I teach two classes of the same subject. They are doing the same work, but are given separate classes in teams. I want them to be in separate classes, but would like to ability to upload a document (e.g. a lesson PowerPoint or a help sheet etc.) and select to automatically upload it to another team at the same time. At the moment I have to upload it twice as the process for copying is actually longer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make files solely editable by the teacher and the student who uploaded it

We run technical courses which have a number of different, small pieces of coursework which need to be worked on over a period of time before they are finally submitted and graded.

At present, if I ask students to upload these pieces of work to the files tab, we can work on them together, but all other students can also access that file and edit it.

Is there a way of either:
    Having files which exist in the files tab, which can be set so that only the teacher and the student who uploaded it can edit it.

Or

Have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One Drive and Teams File Hierarchy

The folder hierarchy between One Drive and Teams needs to be mirrored. Class A's files should appear identical without extra default folders.

One Drive class default: Class Files, Class Materials, Documents, Student Work.
    Same class Files default in Teams: General, Class Materials.

Users should make folders on their own. And be able to make them read only if they chose. Too many defaults.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow conversations to be set in a fixed order to create a timeline or interactive summary channel.

Looking to use a channel to create an interactive and quick resource that lets a class share study tasks. Each conversation stack will cover a chapter or scene of their text. I'd like all members to be able to add new elements linked to each scene but for the stacks to be anchored so that they say in numbered order rather than moving the most recently changes to the bottom of that channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Removing the search bar in apps tab

You can remove the search bar in the apps tab since there is already one for searching for apps. I feel like the user wont need the main search tab when they are browsing through apps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Class Avatars

The avatars available don't include classes such as Home Economics/Family and Consumer Sciences, Culinary Arts, Tech Ed, Industrial Ed, and other CTE courses. It would be nice if there were avatars for those types of classes too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. No points = no percentage / score given to students on a quiz

I give my students pre and post quizzes - however the 'grading' is not based on points, they are based on the complexity of the questions answered so I never attach points and they receive the SOLO level that their answers show.

The problem is, is that when they have completed a quiz, TEAMS doesn't give them points (anymore) but it gives them a percentage which I don't want as this does not reflect the SOLO level the student demonstrates.

Can this percentage not appear?
    Can it be developed that the teacher has complete control over what is or isn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Picture

I would like my video of myself slightly larger, so I can see what others seem when I am presenting or in a conference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have a built in file management within teams rather than sharepoint.

Add a feature that allow users to change file access permission within Teams even after the initial file/assignment creation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove task from assigned

In teams, assignments, I have 'drafts', 'assigned' and 'graded'. To remove a task from 'assigned', I either delete it or give feedback.

That is fine, but it doesn't work well if a task is set electronically, but not dealt with electronically. I.e. if a task is 'Hand in a poster' and the grading done offline.

I should be able to mark a task as completed, without deleting it, but have that task not fire blank feedback to each student (as this has been done by returning the marked paperwork).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be able to duplicate assignments from one team in another team of your choice

Create an option when you create a new assignment is also created in another team of your choice. This includes assignments, sharing Powerpoint presentations, links, ect. This way you only have to create something once in a team instead of having to create an assignment in each team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want the ability to mark something as Urgent or Important on a group chat, not just the individual chat. OR within a channel.

I want the ability to mark something as Urgent or Important on a group chat, not just the individual chat. OR within a channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adding students by email

Currently I am unable to add students by their normal email address when it is an email address outside of the school system, can this be rectified?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ctrl / cmd+ k

Many messaging apps have the ctrl / cmd + k functionality to send a new message. I keep finding myself trying to use the shortcut but each time I'm a little disappointed it's not there. As someone who has a lot of conversations, I would really appreciate this feature

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have mini apps in chat as Kaizala

If you have use Kaizala you will notice that there is a lot of options that you can use she communicate, delegate tasks or do other things. I really will like that this functionality will be added to the chat on teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automation for 5 Class Periods

Right now I think teams should be set up so that if I place a item in the chat I could have an option to send that item to all the teams chats. It’s a little cumbersome and time-consuming to do these five things repeatedly. I don’t know if that has come up or if that’s possible. Also with forms I would like it to generate five test out one test tso they don’t have to re-create a test for each class. Is that already a possibility?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the left panel apps list customizable.

Make the apps bar customizable. We do not use assignments so would like to be able to remove that and replace with ones we use often, like Planner. If there was a default view and maybe three of the apps that are constant, it would be great to be able to choose the others and possibly add more than the number currently shown to fill in the empty space. This would improve the accessibility.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base