Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow "give control" when sharing PowerPoint slides in a Teams meeting

When sharing a PowerPoint presentation in Teams, we are sharing the slides from one computer and asking presenters to take control.

Many forget to take control and are clicking through their slides locally but no-one else can see them moving.

Please add the option to give control to specific people so this can be done when they forget to click take control.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To apply background effects on android phone also which would provide agreat help to the student's

To have background effects in smartphones also and mic disable option should be removed and an option from where we can see that someone's mic is working or he is making excuse

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I wish That you could edit blocked contacts.

Whenever I go on to "edit blocked contacts", there is no way I can edit them. I wish there was a way to edit them like priority contacts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. feature to change background in general settings

Make it possible to change the background settings in the General settings of Teams. Now it is only possible in the meeting interface before starting a meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rename saved messages

Rename saved messages so that you can find the relevant saved message quickly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. forms response new submissions on top option!

Place a setting for new form responses to be put at top of the response list or an option to sort responses. Managing all of these late assignments requires me to scroll down to the bottom every time there is a new late response.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The profile pictures are broken

Changing your profile photo in Microsoft teams doesn't work properly. You'll see the change, but for others it might take days or even weeks for a profile photo to update. Please fix this

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filter the meetings scheduled in Calendar

There should be an option to filter out the meetings scheduled by self and by a specific user to be able to discover the meetings quickly.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Seeing people names after a meeting has ended

It would be great if we could have back the option where a meeting has ended and there was the circle sign who showed how many people have participated in the call, you could see also the names of the people whom have been there.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. translation

all languages should be available in Teams and in a special visible place, so that everyone using this app can easily access the full list of all the available languages and move from one language to another. The translation of the app should be done through certified professional translators or through volunteers who know excellent certain languages and not through apps of doubtful translating results, such as Google Translate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Security & Privacy

It would be good if people in an O365 Teams meeting were NOT able to see other attendees email addresses.
    Presently if you hover over the name of a participant their details are shown, which includes contact details.
    Some meetings are with families, some with partner agencies

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make it avalible for teams to be able to do face filters

i want you to be able to put funny filters in in calls

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Suggestion: Please give options for participants to choose a breakout room out of the list of open rooms.

My class has student divided into small groups.
    Now in teams, when I want to open small groups, I need to assign each and every student to their respective group. It takes a lot of time and is not feasible.

Please give option such that I can open the breakout rooms, and students can join their respective group from the list.

Reference: Zoom does have this option.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. introduce a 'BRB' or step away flag on the participant list

Its helpful to be able to indicate if you've had to step away (and when you're back) without disrupting the chat (or your note getting lost in the chat).

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. introduce a 'BRB' or step away flag on the participant list

Its helpful to be able to indicate if you've had to step away (and when you're back) without disrupting the chat (or your note getting lost in the chat).

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow all people can rename record and save log history

allow all people in channel can rename record and save log history

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support running macros in Excel files

Our team uses numerous Excel files that contain buttons to run macros, but none of the buttons work when opening an Excel file within Teams, OneDrive, or Sharepoint. That means that to use one of our Excel tools the team member needs to download and run the file, save updates and re-upload it. It gets complicated, especially because some of our Excel tools rely on other files (as a template), which would also have to be copied out to the user's desktop or download location for the downloaded file to work properly. Is there any hope of supporting macros within…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. If I'm already on a Teams call and someone else tries to call me, I want them to get an engaged tone

If I'm already on a Teams call and someone else tries to call me, I want them to get an engaged tone, rather than have the ringing tone sound at my end. I mute my mobile when on a Teams call for professionalism - I shouldn't have to worry about sounds from other Teams calls coming in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base