Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to drag contacts from one group to another

It would be great to be able to drag a contact from one group to another, not lose previous chats and not have to go through the process of adding them to one group and deleting them from the initial group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a space where you can type in question

Have a space where you can type in a question and be directed to the exact location of the answer (no links or having to sort through reams of unrelated time wasting information) . If there is not an answer hire some at Microsoft to answer questions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. to be able to clear our feed so i doesn't become over whelming

be able to select certain notifications and delete them

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Microsoft Team should have a feature that includes the students typing their work , so they can turn in assignments easier to the teacher.

The student should be able to type their assignments on the app. It would be easier because it is being made clear that a student actually turning is something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add capability to use Request Control (Tech use only) from app to Microsoft Teams Browser to show only ALLOW or DENY

Our staff have access to Microsoft Teams via Office 365 when they login to their email accounts from the browser; However, we are not able to request control of the desktop when we use screen share from the browser. As Techs, we can use that option to assist our staff when they are working from home. It works wonders when the app is downloaded from both parties but most of our staff members do not have the rights to install software with their credentials. All I am asking for is to install an extension so Techs can run the app…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Repository for original videos from recorded team meetings

Keep a time limited repository or folder of full recorded video meetings before they are pushed out to Stream. I trimmed a video incorrectly in Stream and lost essential footage and could not recover the trimmed portion. If there was a place where the recording would stay for a period of time, I could try again

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a button that lets you schedule a meeting for a whole team and only that team

As above. This would seem to be the most obvious and essential component of Microsoft Teams, and it's currently missing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adding many files at once is broken

When student wants to add work in Assignment and uploads files, the dialog window breaks if certain number of files is added at once (depending on the screen resolution).

The problem is that button for confirmation gets pushed behind the border of dialog and scrolling is disabled. You can only reach it using Tab key, but that is not an option on phones and tablets meaning it's impossible to confirm the upload.

Users have to upload limited number of files at once (on iPad it's only 2 at once). The problem can be seen in attached screenshot from my PC…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like to have the old feature back where i can see all my homework at one's.

I would like to have the old feature back where i can see all my homework at one's. The new features doesn't show you all the assignments you've done. but only of the selected class. This is an absolute **** because you need to go trough every class to see what your missing out on. please bring back the old assignment gui so you can view every assignment for every class at once.

Kind regards,

Kees Windmill

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. edit other users posts

Allow owners of channels to edit other users posts if they are not available. Given the current situation if someone is off sick but manages a post on behalf of a whole team, no one can edit the post to keep it updated. Please can this be something that is offered soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. maintain control only to the teacher or whoever he or she assigns. There are naughty students at home.

teaching requires the teacher to be in control for the sake of organization and anti-naughty behavior

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. maintain control only to the teacher or whoever he or she assigns. There are naughty students at home.

teaching requires the teacher to be in control for the sake of organization and anti-naughty behavior

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CHESS - Please Add Chess to Teams

I want to be able to play chess via Teams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)