Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • or
  1. .

Allow the assignments to be submitted in the different channels. This would allow work to be separated by topic/module and not get too lost in the general channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the Assignments tab does not show assignments while using a Chromebook computer

Please fix - The Assignments tab is not showing assignments when i access my teacher's Teams Channel using a Chromebook computer. When i switch to a PC computer (windows iOS), all of my assignments are visible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. assignments and grades are common for all teachers of the virtual class and they can view and edit grades for other teachers

assignments didn't applied on private channel in a virtual class containing all subjects that student study.

assignments and grades are common for all teachers of the virtual class and they can view and edit grades for other teachers.

the following video explain the idea

https://youtu.be/Ck9bOU_J8vE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. assignments and grades are common for all teachers of the virtual class and they can view and edit grades for other teachers

assignments didn't applied on private channel in a virtual class containing all subjects that student study.

assignments and grades are common for all teachers of the virtual class and they can view and edit grades for other teachers.

the following video explain the idea

https://youtu.be/Ck9bOU_J8vE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Clear the clutter! Use General channel for announcements, etc. and allow meetings and assignments to easily default elsewhere

Given that that's the default channel everyone sees when they open Teams, it would be helpful to use the General channel for important announcements. But my students just ignored the General channel because the information about meetings and assignments was redundant to them, and checking other channels wasn't something they were going to do! Please allow for easy default settings for meetings (e.g. teacher can create a Meetings channel and have meetings default there). I don't want to have to change the channel for each meeting every time - it's really inconvenient. I suspect many teachers don't even…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. View only team owner

It would be helpful to have an intermediate level of settings. Currently someone is either an owner with lots of rights or a member with limited rights. It would be great if there was a view-only admin level. This would help prevent accidental deletion or changing of any other setting by staff. Some support staff need to be owners to manage view student assignments and even some locked channels but not participate in them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New "Administration" or "Front Office" Team type

As an administrator, I need to be able to communicate with the student body as a whole, and also to each student privately. It would be nice if I could get a Team that auto-populated a private channel for every email address with a student license type. For example, I could request a document be returned (all at once to the entire school) and track each student submission individually. Currently, I have to set the owners and members of each private channel manually. To have a Team type that generated these private channels and assigned owners and members automatically…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Interactivity on Stream

The Stream Interactivity feature needs to be able to be able to swap out forms by owner. For example, when I assign a video to different channels I would love to be able to make edits by channel only. It would be nice if we could swap out the interactivity by channel or group. That would also allow teachers to collaborate and only get responses from their students, not one teacher getting ALL of the responses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be great if you added more contrast to the Teams icons con the side.

The Teams icons on the side for assignment would allow students to find their channels easier and make the big white space with little less eye catching and making it more neutral with the icons filled in. It gets annoying knowing their is a big white space and causes distractions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Doubt MS Really Cares, but you asked for feedback

based on MS has lack of progress on request by tens of thousands of other users I doubt this will get any traction but you asked.

Teams search is TERRIBLE! Even when searching for exact words or phrases that I know are in a channel or chat, search cannot find posts. Even when I'm LOOKING at a word in a conversation and try a search -- nada.

Need ability to use custom notification sounds. A) the one and only hard-coded sound is quiet and easy to miss. B) I want to assign custom sounds to priority people, channels or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Take into Condsideration

I would like to suggest that zoom be allowed in teams. I have seen regular teams has this option but because i'm a student, this has been disabled. I'm not sure if teachers have the option to install zoom but at least for students this is not an option. I was going to show my teacher how to have zoom integrated with teams but I can't do so because the administrators have blocked students from installing zoom. It will be greatly appreciated if students have this option until further notice. The assignments students need to turn in have been…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base