Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when creating a meeting - option to 'add all members'

is it possible to select add all members to a team meeting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Uploading other type of documents in assignments

As technology teacher, I would like the students can send me whatever type of documente in the assignments, not only word, power point, form...For example, I need them are able to upload .sb documents in assignments. Maybe this exists, but I was not able to create this type of assignment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Facility to upload amended assignments

I'm often unable to open homework from students due to saved format and as I don't have Word, I have to download to correct. The ability to download, correct then upload the document would be so helpful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. You should make it so you can email to someone from Teams

I want to be able to email people from teams, and make it so they can see it from teams. Another way to explain it is there is a email service build into Teams, so you can contact just one person once, without needing to create a chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Facility to upload amended assignments

I'm often unable to open homework from students due to saved format and as I don't have Word, I have to download to correct. The ability to download, correct then upload the document would be so helpful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be very helpful if you could create a reminder or flag a comment within 'channels' or create/allocate a action to a member

It would be very helpful if you could create a reminder or flag a comment within 'channels' or to create/allocate a action to a member directly from messages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cursor

if you are in full screen your cursor disappears after a few settings so it does not distract you or others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show / Calculate the rubric percentage total

When creating custom percentages for a rubric if the percentages don't total 100% then it throws an error.
    It would be useful if it said what the current percentage total is, would save having to add it all up.

Either a running total at the bottom (which would be best) or just the error message to say what it totals.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. That I'm only in the Screen of others IF I'm talking.

Hello

I would love to have a preferences, where I can toggle on, that my camera get on if I'm talking. Otherwise I'm hidden.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Uppgifter"

In the past, it's been possible to get an overview of assignments under the "assignments" folder in TEAMS. This, however has been changed by dividing the tab into each individual class. This makes it harder to get an overview of the workload and plan our time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Too demanding

MS Teams tend to take up alot of resources, esp so on less powerful systems such as budget laptops.

This is an issue because I'm unable to have another program running smoothly and reliably (classwork necessities) while still being able to listen to my lecture at the same time.

Additionally, I haven't managed to find a setting regarding this or any other performance related stuff.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. be able to view a file while in a call

whenever i am in a call, it makes errors when i open files, could you fix this? thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. can you add, " add organization" so students can collaborate in their own org.?

I want to create a different organization with out having to pay!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Saved items - messages in Teams need to be prioritised in the saved category

Saved items - messages in Teams need to be prioritised in the saved category.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Assignments 'no submission needed'

I would like an option in assignments to NOT turn in. The reason for this is that I have created an assignment but students are creating a flipgrid so work is in an alternate site. So there is nothing to turn in.
    However, some of the class do turn nothing in and others don't. And then weeks late turn nothing it. This is a bit annoying as you think you've not marked work. IT woudl just make it easier for me as a teacher. So, could we have a feature where we can click 'no submission needed'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assignments 'no submission needed'

I would like an option in assignments to NOT turn in. The reason for this is that I have created an assignment but students are creating a flipgrid so work is in an alternate site. So there is nothing to turn in.
    However, some of the class do turn nothing in and others don't. And then weeks late turn nothing it. This is a bit annoying as you think you've not marked work. IT woudl just make it easier for me as a teacher. So, could we have a feature where we can click 'no submission needed'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delete only the videoconference link from the course but keeping it in Stream

Now you need to delete a videoconference recording to make it unavailable in Teams. It would be a lot better if I only delete the link in Teams and keep the video in Stream

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Put back the Calls so we can call teachers and friends to talk about the lesson because may be a girl need help by showing her what to do

We need the calls for many reasons not just for chatting but we need it for school work or help to study for an exam or anything else that involves

school!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base