Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • or
  1. Create classes on a per-channel basis, assign class functions separately

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チャネルごとにクラスを作成して、それぞれクラスの機能を割り当てる
    Create classes on a per-channel basis, assign class functions separately

■Description(内容):
    現時点ではチームごとにクラスを作成して、先生が生徒に課題を出す機能が可能だが、チャネルごとにクラスを分けて、クラス独自の機能をそれぞれチャネルごとに使えるようにしたい

Currently, it is possible to create classes on a per-team basis, and teachers can give assignments to students, but please add a way to create classes on a per-channel basis and use different individual class functions in different channels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow collecting all grades into one grade sheet or one interface

Collect all grades from assignments of one channel into one gradebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep the Dates and Channels the same if I use an existing Assignment

When I use an existing assignment with another Team, please set the default Channel and Dates the same as the original assignment. I usually am sharing the assignment with different periods of the same class, so they are due at the same time and part of the identical Channel in that class. Please keep the edit function because sometimes I do have to change the date for one class because of an assembly or delay. However, the majority of the time, everything is exactly the same, so it is annoying that I have to manually change those two items.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make grouping students into channels easier and give the ability to random assign to group!!!

Give the teachers the ability to change the number of breakout room quickly, and randomly assign students to the breakout rooms based on who is actually in the meeting at that time. Many times I have pre-set teams so kids are working with different students each week and I get to a group where 2 of the 3 are absent. If I can quickly send them to another room, or change the number of rooms quickly that would be great! I have been using Teams since our school shut down last March and have always been fine with it. I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Access private channel files in assignments, for students and teachers

The use of private channels for student collaboration is great, but if a teacher wants them to submit their final product in Assignments the Private Channel Files is not an option to pull from. This is the same for the teachers that use Private Channels as a staging location to store files that they want to stay hidden from the students. It would be great if the teacher could access this File location when adding resources in Assignments.
    The only workaround I see is that they can copy the file link or the files have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. View which teams / channels a person is assigned to

I have several teams under my control and have assigned users within these.

I would like to be able to see a list of which channels a user has access to, and conversely a better way of seeing who is assigned to each channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Deploy/Push a tab to all channels for a team

I have a team with multiple channels. I am currently using one planner for the entire Team/Group to assign work that will be addressed via separate channels and private conversations. I would like to be able to push or deploy a tab, in this case a Planner tab, to all existing and new channels that are spun up on my team.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. prevent assignment notifications in posts

I would like the option to not have an assignment generate a posting on the Posts tab. I use that tab for general class announcements and all the individual assignments clutter it to the point of the important items being lost in the stream.

I have my students use the Assignments tab to find these things.

I know that I can post them to a different channel but when the assignment is given to specific students then it has to go to the general tab. I do not want that to happen as a default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy not only layout folders, but also channel documents, assignments, and class materials when Create a team using an existing team as a te

copy channel documents, assignments, and class materials when Creating a team using an existing team as a template

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Viewing all assignments at once, adding 'sticky notes'/ for students to place on menus, assignment lists, etc

1). Please create a feature where students can view every single completed/assigned/optional assignment at once instead of having to repeatedly check each classes individual assignments.

2). Please add a feature where a student can create a 'sticky note'/lable/note to self that they can pin to a channel title in their teams list, or to an assignment title. Only the student (and their schools staff) can see his/her note so there won't be confusion on whos note belongs to who.

-Heres an example: The due date on teams for my school doesn't match the actual due due date (i.e teams
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Turn off replies for all posts in channel moderation/settings

As an educator using Teams to deliver remote learning I would like the ability to turn off replies/edit the permissions for who can reply to all posts in the channel; in the same way that I can turn off/change permissions for who can post in the channel. For safeguarding purposes, my school turns off replies to posts to ensure that the students do not have conversations amongst themselves using the replies function. However, having to disable replies for each post is time consuming and at times doesn't work at all (for example, when an assignment is posted in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. You need to allow the option to create assignments directly inside of user-created channels.

Allow users to create assignments inside of user-made channels. As of now, assignments can only be created inside of the General channel, then designated to be posted in another channel. THIS SUCKS, because Teams FREQUENTLY FAILS to load the channels for selection when I click the "Edit" link to post an assignment elsewhere. I get a loading circle far too often!! Fix this please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stream tab should accept URL for channel or group

Recorded classes are automatically saved to the Stream group, but they're not assigned a channel. This requires you to manually link every recorded video to a channel for it to show in the Stream tab in Microsoft Teams.

Instead, the Stream app should accept a URL to the Stream group, allowing recorded class videos to automatically appear in the Stream tab as soon as they're processed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assignment Distribution

In the notebook, I love being able to generate groups. With Assignments only available in the general channel distributing different assignments to alternate Teams or groups is time consuming and frustrating. I'd love to generate groups in Assignments the same way I can in Notebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. app bar assignments filter

When viewing assignments from the app bar, it would be great to have a filter to splice down to a specific classes assignments. This would save teachers from choosing the Team--> the General channel--> and finally Assignments to view that specific classes assignments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please provide us the option to separate the chat from the main window!

I need a method to more efficiently answer the chat without losing where I was in my corrections. When I am correcting an assignment and answer a chat, I have to go a long way around to return to the assignment I was correcting. The "back" button doesn't always work and isn't enough. I still have to scroll down to the correct assignment, then to the correct student, then open their file again - once it loads. And when the back button doesn't work at all, I have to return to the General Channel, the Assignment tab, then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pre-Loading Work in Teams

In teams is it possible to pre-load channels and assignments before the students are loaded into the team? Currently, if you add a student to a team after something is posted or assigned they can't access it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Schedule all features

I should have the option to schedule when I want any feature in Teams to be executed; Creating a new team, posting in channels, returning marked assignments, etc. These should all have a Schedule option

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Schedule class meetings by Templates (Letter day scheduling)

Many schools operate by letter day schedules which change which classes meet and when. e.g. our school has A B and C days. When schedules change due to weather, it's cumbersome to edit all of these.

I would like to create templated days where I assign specific channel meetings at specific times. Each day on the calendar can have a dropdown to select the letter day and paste one of these templates into the day's schedule.

Flag these classes as "templated" so if the letter day changes (like it did for our snow day) they will be removed, and replaced…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base