Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Onenote

Why do I need to have Teams on a laptop and a phone to turn in pictures of assignments. One Note doesn't even load properly and that was supposed to be the grand solution to how bad the editor is online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Arrival notification

I would like a notification that students have joined since I am often multitasking while waiting for meetings to start

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we get access in Class Teams to our teacher Outlook Address Book? Would like to make small group DL's to use in communications..

Would like to make DL's for each of my classes to streamline meeting invites. I am a librarian with almost 700 students. It is very hard to set up a meeting for a single class or grade level. But student DL's are are not something our district would like to post in the Global Address Book. Making them in our personal Outlook is doable but needs wider applicability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. So...Can you please mark on our calendars for us to see when our assignments are due?

You can send us an e-mail/message to remind us of our latest assignment or write all our assignments on the calendar to see which one should be done first. I really need this as I procrastinate and also have a lot of homework, hope this is a good suggestion for everyone!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. TURN THE STUPID ******* NOTIFICATIONS OFF THEY ARE USELESS AND DONT HELP AT ALL

REMOVE NOTIFICATIONS ALL THEY DO IS BLOCK MY WORK WHILE IM IN A CALL I DONT NEED TO BE BARRAGED WITH NOTIFICATIONS I JUST WANT TO DO MY WORK AND NOT HAVE TO BE BOTHERED BY THIS ****** APP IN THE FIRST PLACE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. an easier way of finding assignments

it's very easy to loose an assignment. please add a feature in assignments. that when you open it, all the new assignments are there. this would be easier than going in each team and then into assignments to hand in and to view, thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Meu chat e de vários colegas bloqueado

Minha plataforma não funciona direito. Bem como se alguns colegas. Pedimos pra resolverem imediatamente, já que nossas provas começaram nesta segunda feira.
    Att.,
    Nelma Morimoto
    Aluna da unid. Centro Universitário Estácio de Sá

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show more than 4 videos

Pls remove the option mute

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to migrate private meetings with that to Channel

We started a scheduleg meeting, which created a private chat. After a couple weeks we started a team for that project. We wuld have loved to see a feature where we could migrate the whole chat with every tab (incluiding notes) to the newly created teams. I think this would be very useful for newly created teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ACG

Remove/toggleable ACG? I have a custom audio setup and the automatic gain control keeps messing with it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The ability to see the students calendars would be priceless in Microsoft Teams

The members of the Teams are not appearing in all the meetings as invited members when the meeting starts. This is super frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to see the students calendars would be priceless in Microsoft Teams

The ability to see students calendars would be priceless in Microsoft Teams (A Bonus to be able to schedule them for a teams meeting directly from their calendar)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have an admin view of the Teams client and web app

As a Teams administrator, I find myself constantly switching between Teams and the admin console. It would be great to be able to switch to an 'admin' view of teams that would allow me to jump to the admin console and take ownership of teams. I would like to be able to mark a team for deletion and search across teams where I do not have membership. Microsoft Stream has an admin mode, which is really good which gives admins a super-view of what is going on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Information about removers and muters

Please insert a feature in which we can see who muted us or who removed us from the meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. the Assignments tab does not show assignments while using a Chromebook computer

Please fix - The Assignments tab is not showing assignments when i access my teacher's Teams Channel using a Chromebook computer. When i switch to a PC computer (windows iOS), all of my assignments are visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. offer graded assignment discussion

Please offer a graded assignment discussion. This is similar to what Schoology has been doing for years as well as other LMS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to view when assignments are going to post from the overview of assignments.

Currently you have to click each individual assignment to see when it will post, it would be much more convenient to have an assignment calendar view, or even the dates shown on the general overview.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In the assignments tab show number of assignments for each team (helpful for people with lots of separate classes)

Shows number of due assignments for all teams without opening the tab for the team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base