Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • or
  1. better if channel notification can be sent if Home work is assigned. Just as in Assignments.

As a notification is sent to the channel if an Assignment is assigned to students. Just like that it will be better if a Homework notification is also sent to students. Otherwise students need to check the homework regularly whether assignments or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I am a teacher and have been using Teams since the shutdown last school year.

I recently subbed for another teacher that was using ZOOM. The ability to quickly create breakout groups and then easily assign people to those groups was game changing. There is a time and a place for the intricate set-up and student assignment to channels, but those are often few and far between.

It was so convenient to be able to quickly create X amount of groups and either randomly assign or quickly assign people to those groups.

Often in Teams I will spend the night before a lesson creating channels and assigning students to those groups only to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. link to

I need to be able to link to a specific tab inside a channel AND link to a specific assignment.

younger children cannot navigate as easily as adults/older children. Being able to link to a specific tab inside a channel, and link to a specific assignment so I can add it to their schedule, etc. would be a MAJOR game changer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Font color options

I would love to have different (or more) color options for the font in assignment descriptions and/or channel posts. The options that are currently available are mostly too light in my opinion. I would like to be able to use different colored fonts to draw attention to specific items, but the available font choices are a little hard to read.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. No student response in General Channel Posts

I like my General Channel posts to only be looked at, not responded to. Can we take away the reply for that channel as an option? I already have it set as I am the only one to post, but kids send messages to me under that assignment that is posted. I've created a channel for questions and comments, but sometimes they forget to go there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Message to OneNote, ToDo, and other actions

We need the ability to click on message and send with surrounding message context and link to conversation to OneNote quicknotes, or default notebook for specific group chat, team, channel etc. This would also be useful for assigning ToDo's to self or others. Our teams move so fast that info is lost when having different conversations, and so with a little setup for filing notes, and ToDo's that would be immensely helpful. If a user did not want to take time for setup, then go to QuickNotes for own user since not all conversations between users are between the same…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dont make us have to individually check each channels assignments

Rather than forcing us to check each channels assignments individually, just go back to the old layout but have headings for each channel to separate them, the way it is now just makes something that should take a few seconds take much longer unnecessarily

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A symbol on the channel for assignments

A clear notification symbol(like those when you got a new notification of an app on an iphone) on the channel in the channel overview to show if and how much assignment are due.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Assignments on each channel and have an average with the grades

Our school needs to have on each chanel the option to have the average of all the assignments grades per Chanel, and to have the optiuon to select wich asignment is part of that average. As a channel in our case represents a subject and a team represents a classroom. It would be great to have the opportunity to collect all the averages from all the subjects on the general channel but the students to be able to see just their own grades, averages and the whole picture of averages as a personal grades record.
    Or if it could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Work on Chrome OS

Web client is a bit clunky with chrome OS, and Mac OS. There is a program to download for Mac OS, but android app is not full functional. Recommend the following:
    1) Better/more reliable web client integration with multiple browsers
    2) Chrome OS program with functionality of desktop version
    3) With new tasks using planner, rather than email, have the teams app or planner app with notification symbol.

4) 365 integration with task meister is very clunky and non-usable. Same with mind mapping.

5) I would LOVE to be able to assign team member to each channel....essentially nest smaller…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assignment tab for all sub channels

It would be really useful if the assignment tab appears not only in the General channel, but also in each sub channel (Maths, Biology, or whatever they may be). I think it would be easier for the students to know where to find their Maths assignments for example, rather than all different assignments being listed in one place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Assignment tab for all sub channels

It would be really useful if the assignment tab appears not only in the General channel, but also in each sub channel (Maths, Biology, or whatever they may be). I think it would be easier for the students to know where to find their Maths assignments for example, rather than all different assignments being listed in one place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assignment tab for all sub channels

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Assignment tab for all sub channels

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Calendar functionality

Is there a way for us to be able to copy a calendar entry (with all the attendees and meeting settings - like teacher only presenter etc) to paste in a new lesson slot, rather than recreating it every time? In South Africa we don't see our classes at the same time every day, so a repeat function doesn't work.
    Can we customise our lesson slots to for our lesson times? For example, our lessons are 45 minutes long, starting at 7.40am with two breaks during the day. Can we customise our work hours to make it easier to input…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Host Controls

Barring the host, the participant's should not be allowed to create a new session when a session is already running.

Apart from the host, and the co-host if any, no one else should be able to mute anyone else.

The Host should have the right to mute people with the option to select if the people can mute themselves or not.

Assignments should be linked in to the class's and their channels. These should have a due date which should be the first screen to come when anyone logs into the application.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. check chat while reviewing assignments

It would be really great to be able to check incoming chat messages while grading assignments. The way it it set up now, if I check the chat, I have to click through Teams>Channel>Assignments>choose the assignment> student to get back to where I was. I'd like to be able to flip back and forth quickly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Assignments tab

I want to view all channel's assignments with a click.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base