Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Screen Share

In Teams you can only share one screen at a time. I work in an office where we use 2-3 screens. Being able to share multiple screens at one time would be very beneficial.

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove default tabs - build custom channel

i would like te be able to remove the default tabs (Conversations, Files, Wiki) from a channel.

So i can build a fully custom channel

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The quality of the video of the shared screen is blurred by Teams app and it's causing a problem.

Just Increase the quality of the shared screen, and I think then it would be a lot better than.

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate OneNote into Teams

Right now, when you "integrate" OneNote as a Tab in a channel it is just a web browser that opens a notebook in OneNote Online. Could you really integrate OneNote into Teams like you did with Planner?

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Schedule when your Post appears

Allow the ability to schedule when a post (or new conversation in Posts) appears similar to how Assignments can be scheduled. This will further help automate daily tasks for teachers.

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Blocking Users

This feature would give each user a chance to block people who are messaging them. It might be useful for people who are getting spammed. The mute feature silences a chat but I think that it is also necessary to block someone altogether, similar to how it is possible to block someone on WhatsApp.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Turn off the microphone and camera for all students in an online meeting without being able to turn them on again

Turn off the microphone and camera for all students in an online meeting without being able for students to turn them on again. during the online meeting would be great

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Peer Feedback in assignments

Add peer feedback in assignments.

Peer feedback is a very powerfull learning acitivity. Would be very useful for both student and teachers if the teachers could just to let other students review and give feedback on assignments. Think of university classes with maybe 700 student how great it would be. So the features would need to make sure that a students gets feedback from some other student even if some students does not provide feedback. And it need to do pairing automatically. Futhermore the teachers should be able to add a rubric with feedback criteria so that the students know…

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add the Ability to Sort all Lists in Teams

Currently in Teams, lists of the members appear in several sections. i.e. When managing the Team under members and guests, inside the Grade tab in the General channel, In the Class Notebook, in assignments, in Teams meetings, etc... Please add the ability to sort these lists to make it easier for teachers to navigate the lists which as of currently are displayed with no discernable order. Some are sorted by last name, some by first name, and some with no order at all. I imagine that this would work like any other Microsoft product where I can filter how I…

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Colour Coded Calendar!

The calendar is great but I'd love to be able to choose different colours for different tiles.

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add padlet to the list of apps

Embedd Padlet into TEAMS

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow for planner to be a tab in a private channel

We love the new feature to have private channels within a team although at the moment we aren't able to add a Planner as a tab within a private channel. This would be great otherwise a few of our team members need to create a separate team in order to achieve this.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams in Alphabetical Order

Could we have the teams arranged in alphabetical order as it would make them easier to find for those involved in a large number of teams?

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Uncompressed audio/ no AGC for Music classes - Band, Choir, Orchestra

For music classes on Teams that are audio based, it is really important to have:

1. uncompressed audio feature for original quality sound (Zoom has it)

2. turn off auto gain control that compresses dynamics

3. turn off any other "smart" audio features that will change the original sound quality such as background noise reduction or microphones that turn off until a sound is detected

4. reduce sound lag (latency)

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Export of Rubric

Hello!

I would like to be able to export the rubric and have it look just as it does in the assignments page of Teams when I click on the rubric. It exports to Excel and requires a lot of adjusting.

Thanks!

139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include the ability for Mac users to share system audio.

Include the option for Mac users to share system audio when they are sharing their screens.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Alphabetical order of participants in Manage Team

Please enable alphabetical ordering (by surnames) of Team members (in "Manage team" option), or instruct me if that possibility already exists. It should be default option to get participants (members) in alphabetical order.

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Team-specific notification settings

Currently the notification settings apply to all teams. But not all teams are created equal...sometimes we don't want to get certain notifications from a specific team. It would be nice if we can specify a team to inherit the global notification setting or to have its own notification setting.

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ease of use for primary grades

Our Kindergarten and 1st grade students don’t create documents often, so if under add work they had the ability to add an image (and have Teams access the camera to take the image right there), add a recording (and have teams access the camera and microphone to capture a video) or add an audio file (and have teams access the microphone to capture the audio), this would truly be life changing to make this tool manageable for the little kids. I know that older students would benefit from these tools too, but it would be amazing to make this meaningful…

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. h5p

I would like to integrate contend created with h5p into Teams and get the results in my grades and being able to assign tasks created with h5p in Teams. thx

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base